Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 61

tennis
oath
pie

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    Playing tennis with apple pies engendered many oaths!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    After oath taking ceremony of tennis tournament, all participants were served apple pie.
    -------------------------
    After the oath taking ceremony for the tennis tournament, all participants were served apple pie.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • YinYin Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The tennis player eat a humble pie becuase he broke the oath of sportmanship for taking illegal drugs.
    ---------------------
    The tennis player ate humble pie because he broke the oath of sportmanship by taking illegal drugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    my oath is win the tennis tournament, then i eat every day a cheese pie before training!!
    -------------------
    My oath is to win the tennis tournament, then I will eat a cheese pie every day before training!!
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,067 mod
    The Tennis Court Oath, a pivotal event during the first days of the French Revolution, was not as easy as pie.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    McEnroe and American Pie, oaths and tennis, these were all in the news when he was a regular Wimbledon player.
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    Upon my oath, I really didn't eat the whole apple pie during the tennis match!
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    She took an oath that the results of the national tennis championship that she presented in a pie chart are correct and true.
    edited September 2015
    While eating apple pie, we enjoyed the recording of oath taking ceremony in the tennis court.
    -------------------
    While eating apple pie, we enjoyed a recording of the oath taking ceremony on the tennis court.
    edited September 2015
    With a muttered oath, he hurled the pie shaped table against the posters of tennis club on wall and moved away.
    ---------------------
    With a muttered oath, he hurled the pie shaped table against the posters of the tennis club on wall and moved away.
    edited September 2015
    Members of oath keepers foundation protested against the illegal recruitment in tennis federation by holding pie shaped play cards and banners.
    --------------------
    Members of the oath keepers foundation protested against the illegal recruitment in the tennis federation by holding up pie shaped play cards and banners.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    I broke my long standing oath and had a cigarette after the apple pie I had baked got burned in the tennis club's oven.
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    He took an oath to his competitor, that he will make him a pie by himself if he lose the tennis match.
    --------------------
    He made an oath to his competitor that he would make him a pie if he lost the tennis match.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,067 mod
    edited September 2015
    He made another oath to his competitor that he would make a pie of him if he won the tennis match.
  • I am taking an "oath" that I will not eat this "pie" if I loose in the game of "tennis".
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    While the tennis players sweared their sportmanship oath on the opening ceremony of the games, the referee took his time having some pie for lunch.
    ----------
    While the tennis players swore their sportmanship oath at the opening ceremony of the games, the referee took his time having some pie for lunch.
This discussion has been closed.