Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What makes you happy?

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    @snack98 I think you're quite right when you say that you can't be happy all of the time. It really is all about the balance, and this is something that you should be careful about. Because as long as you have plenty of good things in your life, you should find that you are able to get through the bad times, too.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands agree with you
  • niania Posts: 3
    my experience is when i feel happy after i do my workout do it 5 in weeks trust me its work
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    You looks like Joy from "InsideOut" @nia.)))
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,063 mod
    Being on the move again makes me happy. I love the process of travelling and I'm looking forward to a long train journey today (eight hours).
  • jawadamirjawadamir Posts: 37 ✭✭
    for me i thik many things make me very happy, so i write some it.
    the first thing and more what makes me happy it helping other and make them happy, belive me when i help someone without money or Interest i feel happy and pride, maybe one day i need helping and not finde who are help me, because all we are human.
    the second thing: when i 'm with my family and my friends i love them so much.

i wish all persons are happy
    Need to give you a Nobel Peace prize like Obama @jawadamir.))
  • jawadamirjawadamir Posts: 37 ✭✭
    not exactly, i'm waiting the GOD to give me more than noble prize and more it :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly and I have experience it on this Eid. :) Family get together is the most charming one.
    Sarah0 said:

@bubbli, Sharing a meal with family, is the best thing to do when you are in a bad mood.

An Eid is a good occasion to share a meal. Isn't it ?

Meeting people from other places makes me very happy.
  • RafiaremaRafiarema Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    being free to do what I like makes me happy
  • mcc15mcc15 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    @Rafiarema That's a really good point!!! I forget that sometimes.
    edited October 2015
    The most important thing is do job that you really love to do! You're right @Rafiarema, I agree with you. ;)
  • Lay-DiLay-Di Posts: 5
    Happiness has a lot of ways to get away and get involved. Also it is quite skilled at getting (in the) away.
    I am happy when I'm on stage and I'm the star. When I am at school and there is actually something worth to learn.
    People make me happy. I make them happy too: I'm an actor. Being an actor makes me happy, for it is my special power.
    Knowing my special power makes me know that for as long as I have it I will always be happy.
    Be happy: Know your super power.
    @Lay-Di happiness is manifested in different forms and daily life activities. We need to identify which activities change our mood and make us happy.
    Opening the window to blue skies made me very happy this morning. I might just have to retrace my steps from yesterday to take some more photos, but this time in much better light. Yesterday was very overcast.
    Playing with a cute cat makes me happy.
    @taji nice.
  • hamada_solimanhamada_soliman Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    chair and sit front of the sea , listening to his voice

-------------------

In a chair on the beach, listening to his voice.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @hamada_soliman It would be nice. I can just Imagine It. My house's on mountain area. :cry:
  • hamada_solimanhamada_soliman Posts: 15 ✭✭
    @Rafiarema yesterday i was there , really its unique feeling and flue too lol
    Contented and happiness are similar for me.
  • amateuramateur Posts: 10
    What make me happy?
    Long-term: my family's members are happy and have good health. I have an interesting work with friendly colleagues, a good chief, chance of meeting many nice people. I want to go to work office when I wake up every morning. I have a small nice house to come back home at the evening. In which, I will enjoy a delicious dinner with my child, husband. I can earn enough money for high quality life. At least, my family will travel twice a year.
    It's life what I expect.

Short-term: but my life isn't perfect as above description, of course. Fortunately, there are many things make me happy, even though, I am happy in some minutes, as following:
    A strange man helps me to do something such as repairing my motorbike, carrying a heavy box for me,...
    Seeing my chid grows up with know new things, speaking new words everyday.
    Watching a emotional film, listening a good melody, seeing a great sunrise or sunset.
    Passing a difficult challenge.
    @amateur there are different manifestations of happiness in our life and you described them very well above. :)
    @amateur you sound like you have a pretty good life. I enjoy the prospect of each new day when I wake up too. I also appreciate how lucky I am to be such a happy person. Sadly not everyone has it so easy in life.
    edited October 2015
    @mheredge no doubt, absolutely agreed. It's very sad. Especially the war countries, slavery, starving children and child abuses. Many people don't realize how fortunate they are.
    @Rafiarema even I have observed many people who remain happy and make others happy as well in crisis. I personally visited a flood relief camp in my area where an elderly person was gathered by a lot of children and he was telling them jokes and making them smile and laugh. I was really impressed by that man though he was also a flood victim.
  • amateuramateur Posts: 10
    @Bubbly & @mheredge : Thank for your comments. Also, they are my happiness today.
    I am a new member in this forum, so any encouragement make me glad.
    @amateur You are not new now member. You have posted 9 comments so far and it itself is a great encouragement, if you don't count mine. :) ;)
    @bubbly Yeah! they also deserve to be happy. However the war countries, slavery, starving children and child abuses are tragedies. Hopefully They would be rewarded If they're patient.