Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What makes you happy?

Comments

• jhajha Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    @mheredge My mom was overprotective. Back then, she was not even allow me to join school field trips. And playing with our neighbors' children would only be allowed if they come to our house. We are nearby highway so we were not allowed to go out beyond the gate unless accompanied by elders. There were many road accidents happened in the highway so we were barred.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    Today, my friends have made me happy. We went for a night out last night, and they have spent a while sending me the photos that were taken, which are lovely. Some of the scenery was excellent, so we got some great shots.
  • mahmoud44mahmoud44 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    helping to people .. playstaiosn .. and success in any thing
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    I think our happiness is from our happiness's family. :)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,063 mod
    Ooh you like helping people with techie problems @mahmoud44? I'm happy when I meet people like you too!
  • mahmoud44mahmoud44 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    @mheredge Thanks very much nice to meet you
    @mahmoud44 I was made very happy by a friend who fixed a leak in my bathroom today. My laptop was behaving very strangely yesterday, so I hope it's not a virus.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    I like it when our friends help us out, because it makes us feel as though we are loved, and that we have people who would care for us. Today I was happy because a phoned a friend who I haven't spoken to for a number of years, and it was as if time hadn't passed at all, which was great.
    Yes I have several friends like this @GemmaRowlands, which is especially nice given yhat though I'm often out of the country a few years at a time, it's like I've never been away.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    You can't to be happy all time, so the life is mixing beween down and up events . what make me happy is when I can make someone happy by saying nice things or doing somethings helpful and I feel my self useful for another persons
  • MaxwellBMaxwellB Posts: 13 ✭✭
    That's a tricky question, happiness just happen, I'm not sure what provokes it hahaha
    @AbdullahBahomaid you are welcome
    I'm happy when I'm organised and we'll prepared. Last night I tried to book my train ticket online but Trenitalia's website didn't want to play ball. Fortunately staying just five minutes away, I could easily go to the station to buy my ticket.
    how can we give our soul the happiness? @sara20
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I think happiness of the soul is no worry, no sad, we feel comfor, love our life
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    when i give advice to others and my advice comes in the right place i feel happy....
    i also feel happy when i make others happy :smiley:
    @nisreen.mustafa It's not easy to make someone happy !
    that's why when you make someone happy you will be happy it's cercle
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    yes it feels like it's contagious :wink: @snack98
    Yes that's why we have to be all time positive @nisreen.mustafa
  • money hhhh
    Lack of money might make me unhappy, but I'm not sure having too much money would necessarily make me happy @yassine.
    I don't think so @yassine
    In fact money is usually the cause of a lot of misery, whether it's because you don't think that you have enough, or you have too much and everyone comes after you wanting you to help them.
  • berlianceberliance Posts: 4
    hi, i am a new member in this forum. for me happines is when my lovely family and friends are happy
  • anjuzanjuz Posts: 34 ✭✭
    There are lots of things that make me happy. Listening to my favourite song, playing in the rain,eating ice cream and so on.
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    @anjuz This is interresting. You are a happiness person.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Learn new things in computer network
  • anjuzanjuz Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Yes @Ha_la , I am always happy...
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I think the most important thing is health, if I and my family are healthy I am happy...
    Meeting people from other countries makes me happy. I love hostelling for this reason.