Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Skype session

JehoiakimJehoiakim Posts: 32 ✭✭
I want to try being on a skype session here, how is it? is it like a meeting room where there is someone who always speaks and a members that could make suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• emadzahranemadzahran Posts: 4
    Yes, I also like that session. I want to chat on Skype but i don't know how.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,847 mod
    @Jehoiakim ,
    do you have a Skype account?
    There are different kind of Skype sessions, but they are all interactive.
    Everybody could participate in conversations.

Here is the instruction how to join Skype:

You have already two stars so you can send Lynne a request in a Private Message here in the forum.  Click "Home" (at the left top, above your name / avatar) Click on the "envelope" under your name (between Notifications/circle and Bookmarks/Star Click "New message"Type "Lynne" in the Recipients box.Tell Lynne that you would like to join LEN activities and don't forget to put your Skype id (username) in your message. You have to accept the friend request from Lynne. Lynne will then add you to the LEN MeetUp4ESL group where you could meet other members. If you'd like to join a voice session, look in the calendar when and which session you want to participate in. http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html.
    You need to send Lynne an IM in Skype and ask Lynne to be added in that session.
    @emadzahran , you still need to earn the second star to be a Skyper.
    You will earn that when you have written some more comments.
  • JoshuaJinJoshuaJin Posts: 52 ✭✭
    YOU ARE WANTED!!!
    I am from china and want to find a exchange language partner, if you have interest in Chinese,my Skype ID is: Joshuajinwang...........................
  • GiruGiru Posts: 1
    Hi Lynne I am Giru from India and working as software Engineer on an onsite project in South Africa, As you know English is the only medium to communicate here and we have at least 2 to three meetings with client everyday but somewhere I feel that I'am not that fluent and I am lacking somewhere so I need some people to talk with where I can communicate in english and make myself comfortable with this.

SKYPEID:- girdhar.tripathi
  • Hi,

Need to ask one thing.
    How many comments we need to post to get 2 stars.
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Guys be patient! And keep posting on forum! If i'm not wrong, after 15-20 comments, will appears the second star! Simple!
    I agree, @Glorian.
    You will have your second star soon if you just make a bit more effort, @monikabisht .
  • annfannf Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hi , Could someone help me to sing up to skype session? I have no clue how to do it, I have info that I should mail to Lynne, but I dont know where I can find it
    @annf

Click "Home" (at the left top, above your name / avatar)
    Click on the "envelope" under your name (between Notifications/circle and Bookmarks/Star
    Click "New message"
    Type "Lynne" in the Recipients box.
    Tell Lynne that you would like to join LEN activities and don't forget to put your Skype id (username) in your message.
    You have to accept the friend request from Lynne in Skype.
    Lynne will then add you to the LEN MeetUp4ESL group where you could meet other members.

• annfannf Posts: 17 ✭✭
    @april thank you, I have figured out it yesterday but I still waiting for answear, I hope it doesnt take long. anyway thanks again :)
    You have to be online in Skype too, @annf otherwise you'll never find Lynne's request there.
  • HindWHindW Posts: 3
    I want to practise my english how ????
  • Hey lynne my skype id is farooqiqbal840 so accept me..
  • nievesnieves Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Sorry, I would like to send Lynn my Skipe ID but I can't click in the envelope to send a message.
    When I register me in the forum I write my email address wrong so I couldn't confirm my email until now. I think this is the reason why I can't write a message.
    What can I do? Thank you very much!
    Oh... You've created a problem for themselves @nieves. :confused:
  • nievesnieves Posts: 48 ✭✭
    @Glorian
    could you send Lynne a message and ask her if she had an idea how I can contact her. You can also give her my skipe ID nieves.treig2. I would be very glad if you could do this for me ;)
    No problem buddy, I'll try. @nieves
  • shashashasha Posts: 51 ✭✭
    @Bubbly today and tomorrow Lynee on holiday right? So how I can send IM to join voice session? I want to join tomorrow storytelling session. Please guide me how to join.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,871 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @shasha please send me your Skype ID through a private message. I will add you to the storytellers group.
This discussion has been closed.