Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Improving Speaking Skills

What are your chances of improving speaking english language

Comments

• habbazhabbaz Posts: 17 ✭✭
    You want to Exchange with a native speaker, this is the better way to learn English, there are many Apps and websites would help to leaning fast.
  • omar1985omar1985 Posts: 1
    im new member here, i need someone to speak on skype
  • JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Yes ,to speak to someone it's a problem and very important thing .I have met during my English study people who can write fast and quite correctly but speaking is surprisingly very weak .
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,062 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @omar1985 welcome to the forum. You need to be a little bit active on this forum to become the part of LEN Skype group. :)
  • speaking in a standard form of English makes a man smart and presentable. But in those developing countries where English is a 2nd language chances to improve English speaking skill are very few. because in developing countries very hardly you will get an English environment and any parson to speak English. its really hard for the people of developing countries to improve their speaking skill. But inspite of that the people of developing countries like me should take much effort to improve their speaking skill by interacting with enthusiastic people of improving English speaking skill.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,737 mod
    Improving your speaking skills is very important, and one of the best things to do in order to do this is to try and speak to as many people as you possibly can in English. This means that it will become easier and easier over time, and your English skills will almost certainly improve, which is great news.
  • dededede Posts: 61 Inactive
    according to my little point of view, i think learn any new language can be important and very difficult because you must practice it every day to be good at it and be patient don't feel frustration at the beginning . listening and watching movies and try to speak with native speakers. i will do my best to improve my language skills.
    i need everyone help me thank you :)
    @BIBI You need to stay active a little bit before becoming a part of Skype group.
    @dede I agree with you and I think patience and determination both are equally important. :)
  • dededede Posts: 61 Inactive
    thank you @bubbli for your support :)
    @dede hopefully see you around on regularly. :)
  • Practice is all we need...but we need to meet the right people with whom we can practise. Make the most of this platform...we are lucky we found this website, aren't we?
    @vitthal we need to be determined and regular in order to improve our learning. Active participation is a key to success in this case.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    @Bubbly Do me a favor - Give me your skype ID, pls
  • sanagoosanagoo Posts: 2
    Hi all! I am new here! really want to improve my speaking skills, but don't know how to start a good conversation with others!!!
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    @Beginget, join Bubbly's story session.

@sanagoo - Starting conversations is easy. Just say, "Hello".
  • manoharmanohar Posts: 3
    hello every body...
  • hieuln1991hieuln1991 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Hello everyone!
    How can I become an active member?
    I would like to join skype group.

Thanks,
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    As you can see @hieuln1991 - Being active is the key.
    edited December 2015
    @beginget If you are a member of LEN Skype group, please send me your Skype ID, I will add you to the storytellers group.
    beginget said:

@Bubbly Do me a favor - Give me your skype ID, pls

• nour360nour360 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    @BIBI you can give me your skype in a private message and we will choose topics to make small talks about in a voice call, to train our pronunciation and speaking skills by talking and reading.
  • nour360nour360 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    @Bubbly can you add me too? it would be a favor :)
    sure @nour360 Please send me your Skype ID through a private message. :)
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'chances are always there but the problem is how to get opportunity to speak with the native'
    If you are able to speaking like that you don't need any natives at all
    Some kind of tongue twisters here
  • JanatJanat Posts: 125 ✭✭
    How to open it?
    @nour360 Hi and glad to meet you.
    @Bubbly i want to share my skype id but i don't know how....
  • belficabelfica Posts: 2
    hi. i'm newbie here. may i ask some suggestions about method to teach my 15-17 yo students. i want to improve their speaking skill. fyi i'm from Indonesia, so English isn't our first language. thanks before.