Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Windows 10

mheredgemheredge WordsmithHere and therePosts: 25,253 mod
Has anyone started using Windows 10 yet? I was astonished at how easy it was to upgrade to it last night. It only about an hour over the slowest connection. It's much nicer than Windows 8.

Comments

• JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    You're right .First thing what I checked was had they changed that annoying quick list sistem which opened from the right edge of the screen .
  • juliojulio Posts: 4
    There are many years that I have not used any kind of Window operative system, but maybe in some future jobs, I will need to learn the last advances that Window made in theirs software for work, I mean Microsoft office tools. I highly recommend to explore alternative operative systems, like ubuntu, at first look it could appear hard to use, but when you use it along an entire week it start to show its advantages, in this point, I have to highlight that it is free of viruses, it does not turn slow with time of use and you have software for everything for free.
  • habbazhabbaz Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I like it :)
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the graphics card on my main computer wouldn't work fine with Windows 10. But I am content with Windows 7 so I can live with it. :)
  • parag.porwal10parag.porwal10 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    in my case windows 10 driver not working well
  • parag.porwal10parag.porwal10 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    windows 10 sucks every computer
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,253 mod
    I really liked Ubuntu @julio but in Nepal, no one has any idea about it. I'm not very techy, so whenever I had any problem, there was bnever anyone to help. SO I switched back to using Windows. I hear that the Mac operating system is very similar to Lynux, but again no one here really has much idea about it.
  • LuthienLuthien Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Do you think that is a lot hard change to Ubunto @julio ?Because I have thought about change from Windows lots of times but I'm quite afraid..
    You shouldn't be afraid. If a real technological dunce like me can learn to use it (basic functions that is), then it can't be difficult @Luthien. I think the same fear applies to people changing to use Apple Macs.
  • LuthienLuthien Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    So I guess it's kinda competition @mheredge because I am a phenomenon about stupid tech mistakes hehe But I trust you, I'll try it
  • ViktorViktor Posts: 8
    I,m using win10 since insider preview and I found it very useful for me. For example, they added virtual desktop's, what allow you to sorting out all apps such for job, for education, for entertainment, in them. That's give you opportunity to switch between task's very quickly.

Another useful thing - you may organize your window's on desktop in quarters with hotkeys (Win+Arrow's).

I was using win8 also, but that annoying Metro... Аs a result, I returned to Win7. For now, I don't intend to.

One thing worrying me. Those gossip about spying for users.
    I only had to put up with Windows 8 for a few weeks @Viktor. So in effect I changed from 7 to 10 without any problem. Though I know that I don't make the most of hot keys and other more sophisticated functions.
    What is Cortana @Khandveamar?
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,139 mod
    I haven't updated yet. I'm too scared! I found W8 hard enough and that was only a year or so ago. Now they want me to learn something else! Argh!
    No seriously @amatsuscribbler - it's more like the old Windows 7 and is much nicer than Windows 8. It's much easier to use.
    I've just started using Microsoft Edge @Khandveamar, though more in despair than anything. I changed from Firefox a few months ago when I got tangled up with having it opening a new tab to Yahoo. Then Chrome has just started misbehaving from yesterday, with the fonts changed to something weird and the size of the screen going all over the place.

So I'm just starting to learn how to use Edge which so far, so good, isn't misbehaving.
  • MohammadAlBannaMohammadAlBanna Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I'm still using Windows 8.1 and after reading about the privacy issues reports which came after Microsoft released Windows 10 to public, I don't like to try it until to make sure I can disable in action these settings...I'm not comfortable yet for this!
    The only thing I downloaded was an advertisement blocker, but yes, you're right. I'm not downloading anything again @Khandveamar.

Last night I did some research on how to minimise the drain on my data allowance that I get from Orange.fr (I pay by the gigabyte). There are lots of ways for mobile phones and tablets, but I still have to work out what settings to change on my laptop.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,497 mod
    I have only just upgraded to it, but from what I can see so far it is a lot better than Windows 8 - which I don't think many people have enjoyed at all, really. This looks to be a much more promising update, so hopefully not as many people will be complaining about it as they have about W8.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to upgrade windows 8 into 10 but it didn't work. I gave up easily when it comes to technology as I am not a techie person.
  • MuhammedMuhammed Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I didn't try windows 10, but I did try window 8 and didn't like it at all, I think the best windows still windows 7 until I try 10
  • ManLearnerManLearner Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭
    I am still looking forward to get window 10 update.
    I'm not sure if it's Windows 10's fault or my laptop, but I've had no end of problems with the settings for my browser. Also when I used gmail with Microsoft Edge, I couldn't attach photos to my emails. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Explorer, but they all misbehave in different ways.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    not yet use for me
  • mohamed.kamalmohamed.kamal Posts: 14 ✭✭
    i'm used win 8.1 but the best operating system still windows 7 i will try win 10 today
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    @bubbli you can find the way to update your windows in the microsoft website, it is quite easy.
    I hated Windows 8 @Ha_la but I found 10 to be good.
    @mheredge So do I, I used Windows 8 in my friend's computer, but I don't like it, so I never buy and install windows 8 in my computer. I used windows 7 until win 10 is released.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ha_la for the time being, I skipped this idea because windows 7 is working well on my laptop and I don't want to do any experimentation on it. :)
    @Bubbly I am using windows 10 and windows 7 in two computers, I don't see much difference, Windows 10 require your computer has the better hardware. If you don't want to experience, you don't need to upgrade your windows.