Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Walking Jogging or Running

aladdinaladdin Radio ProducerLEOnetworkPosts: 1,493 mod
edited August 2015 in Hobbies and Sport

Walking, Jogging Or Running

We strarting TFIX session today. Asking about are you go for walk, jog or run? 

in my case I'm going for jog every Tuesday usulay at night around 8PM It might be includ sprinting running over a short distance and here is link for my records activity :https://www.runtastic.com/en/users/alaa-eldin/sport-sessions#single_year_2015

Here is my running music list: 

Here is a vedio might help. 

@Xeb @Zom @zakaria_dandouni1 @Oleg @makeFin @Hayden
Post edited by aladdin on

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zakaria_dandouni1 Irony!!
    The list doesn't has Dance!
    :neutral:
  • makeFinmakeFin Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I like your running music list @aladdin , Watermat was really good, something new for me :)
  • ZomZom Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a performer and don't keep track of my performances, but yes, I love jogging/running.

I run about 3 times a week, usually for 1, 1.30 hours preferably early morning when everything wakes up.

I hate both running on treadmill and on a running track, going round and round even though running track materials are kinder than asphalt or concrete streets to your body. I'm a city runner because I live in a city, but take me along any coastal area, and I'll love it even better. In this case my running moment will end up with a swim in the surf. :D

I had a look at your performance chart @aladdin. I think we could run together at time, you might be just slighly faster than me on a 4km distance. ;)

@aladdin, @zakaria_dandouni1, @Hayden, @Oleg, @makeFin, @LorenaZuleta, @ManLearner, @BasmaHasan, @MortezaThaghiloo, @Joe, @Ruy, anyone,

When you go jogging/running, do you have your music in your ears?
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @aladdin for the last videos I guess I've just passed from being amateur to amateur ++ , I mean my running for was off, and for the link of your records oh wow it's a good idea it gives you motivation to keep the exercise weekly .
    Thanks for sharing.
    @meu hhh yes because those two @aladdin and @Zom are already professionals not like us .
    step by step, dancing, walking, jogging, running and euh euh ...what's next ?
    @Zom do you have a running/not jogging partner ?

yes I do love listenning to music while jogging, but it makes my head goes dizzy after 1 hour,

@Zom are you out of breath after 1,30 hour ? because I am hehe, I know, but it hasn't been long when I started this exercise, I have to try to catch up to you two .
    Next...sleeping :p
    @zakaria_dandouni1
    no no next jumping, like this:
    I would have to be on the moon to jump like this, here, on Earth, my bum likes too much gravity to take off. No need to say I also suck at rockclimbing.

@zakaria_dandouni1, I don't run with the music on, I prefer to be in sync with the buzz of the city. And no, I'm not out of breath after running, I just feel great to kick start the day. When I go running in evening, it's different. it's generally because I'm wound up or excited, so it leaves me relaxed, and yes, then, as @meu said next is sleeping, but I'll probably get a cookie first.

If you pop in Paris, no problem to go running together, but will you keep pace? Never mind, I'll wait for you at the closest ice cream parlour.
    I am too lazy and too fit to do that. :D At the end, I love doing dance alone in room, all doors closed and yes, no cameras. :D
    @Zom
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,493 mod
    I agree with you @Zom in that when someone try to pass you I think it's became a marathon :D the winner in the marathon who will have the long breath
    Too fit @meu? then it's time to join us. The best moment a couple of hours after a running is to indulge oneself. What's your treat?
    LOL True @aladdin. The funnier is that next time you go running you wonder if you'll come across the same guy to get another chance or let them have another chance.
  • ImadImad Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I'm the laziest person in the world
    Haha @Imad such a honest confession! :D
    Join you two in running?? :s
    @Zom I am already tired :D
    LOL - Okay, Okay you'll join us afterwards for the ice cream moment or whatever?
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,340 mod
    I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Me too @Imad, I'm the laziest person in the world too.
    edited August 2015
    Today at 7:30 I'll try to challenge the last activity I have. You can watch it live I think. B)
    @aladdin There is no entry for August 11 in your chart. Did you swap running for playing video games that day?
  • christellechristelle Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    As far as I am concerned, I don’t walk, jog or run. But I enrolled a sports hall 3 years ago.
    I go there twice a week, sometimes three times a week.

Here is a video of it, a bad one, but it’s the only one I’ve found:

video-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfa1/v/t42.1790-2/10991756_1404323896547168_756684729_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQ0MiwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=442&vabr=246&oh=c8e7f9d8d82a41e677af80ea67f1fe94&oe=55CBAA97

I don’t like doing sport alone on machines, I prefer being in collective courses for several reasons :

1- When I am alone , as soon as I sweat, I can’t stop thinking “oh my God it’s too hard, oh my God it’s too hard, …” . And then I stop.
    2- Whereas in collective courses, even if I start to sweat, I notice that the others around me, are just like me. They find it difficult but they continue. And I think “if everybody can do it, I can also do it” !
    3- I need a coach who bawls me out, who yells at me. It motivates me. Well … I’m weird, I know.

And I generally join theses following courses :
    - FAC for Fessiers Abdo Cuisses (gluteal muscles, abs, thighs)
    - body attack
    - body pump
    - RPM

@aladdin @makeFin
    @Christelle you are a masochist! But you must be very strong and fit. :smile:

Sadly my internet is so slow @aladdin, I can't play any media. Apparently for a few weeks after the earthquakes, my friends say it was very good. But since then it is worse than ever (which was never great).
    Masochist @mheredge ?
    This word just makes me think about "50 shades of Grey" ... what's the link with sport ? Lol
    What about you @bubbli @makeFin @ManLearner @rumeysakrk @Alantika ?

What do you prefer : walking, jogging or running ?

By the way, @mheredge , I don't know anything about the universe of masochism... never experiment it yet.

Could someone enlighten me ? What is masochism in sport ?
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @christelle I believe in the morning walk. It really awakes your creative faculties and keeps you fit and healthy. :)
  • makeFinmakeFin Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    if I am forced to choose @Christelle so it will be jogging... but my thing is cycling :)
    @mheredge earthquakes! God bless you. I hope you are fine
    Masochists like inflicting harm on themselves @christelle. So if I regularly go to the gym and push myself until my muscles hurt, I could be described as a masochist!

So far so good @aladdin. It seems I managed to sleep through the two little aftershocks that have been felt in the past few days. That's the way I Iike it!
  • AlantikaAlantika Posts: 182 ✭✭
    I don't like running. i like runaway. especially from reality. LOL
    Are you still stay in Nepal, @mheredge ?