Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you love Harry Potter's books?

AlantikaAlantika Posts: 182 ✭✭
The series was finished. However i'm still amazed with that books. J.K. Rowling's imagination is very good when creating characters, plot and conflict.

What is your favorite title book on the series?
What is your favorite character?
What is your favorite scene?

Let's talk about it! ;)

Comments

• davud.avdavud.av Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I read Harry Potter 6 years ago. These books were, are and will be amazing. I fell in love to the story of the magic world. My favorite one from all seven is 6th when suddenly Harry falls in love with Jinny. It was so nice and in book Jinny is prettier than in movie. My favorite character is Hermione and favorite scene is when Hermione is sitting by the Ron's bed in hospital in 6th book. What is yours?
  • AlantikaAlantika Posts: 182 ✭✭
    I read Harry Potter since i was 13. My first book is 'Goblet of Fire'. I'm looking for another title. I finished reading the entire book at 17 years. Yeah, all of the books were awesome! Especially in the 'Prisoner of Azkaban'. My favorite character is Minerva McGonagall. And my favorite scene is when Harry see his father Patronus. :D

btw. Nice to meet you @davud.av
    nice to meet you too @Alantika. I want to ask you why is Minerva McGonagall your favorite character? She is a good lady but why she is. There are Harry, Ron, Hermione...)))))
    I finished Harry Potter at 16 years now I am 20 and still cannot find any other stories that can be as good as it is.
    I likes her quiet demeanor. She is wise, old, and like a mother. Eventhough we know Molly more like a mother... however... i still love Minerva. Ehehehe. For the teenegers i likes Luna Lovegood. Coz she can be herself. ;)

Right, Harry Potter was Amazing, but i also like Lord of The Ring. :D
    btw, where you from, @davud.av ?
    I'm from Turkmenistan, Central Asia. You @Alantika? Yeap Lord of the Ring is good story especially with hobbit parts))
    I'm from Indonesia, Southeast Asia. Yep, the dwarfs are lovely. :D
    Harry Potter and LOTR was epic. They can fly my imagination. And help me for writing fantasy story.

Are you studying or working, @davud.av ?
    Studying, forth grade English language department. What are you doing? You are writing? I tried to write but it is very difficult. Could manage to write 2 papers :smiley:
    beginning, conflict, climax and summary in two pages was my very difficult story writing experience :)
    How old are you, @davud.av ? i'm 21 btw.
    Yes, i'm writing for my local writers site. And blogging too. But i have an occupation as marketing in Exhibition Company, Jakarta.
    Really? it's easy for me to write until 10 pages, if it's about fiction. :D
    I'm 20. maybe you'll sent me link of your blog? It is 6am here and I don't want to sleep.
    @Alantika are you writing short fantasy stories? In what language if it is not a secret?
    Are you not sleeping last night? I'm not be able for share the link in this forum. Not yet. I have to get 3 star for share the link. ;(
    Yes, i'm writing fantasy story, however i write that with my native language. :D
    what is a native language in Indonesia? But isn't it great to be able to write? I wished I would be able to write but cannot)) Ok but promise me that when you get 3 stars you will sent a link. btw is it in English?? :D
    Nope I didn't sleep last night...
    edited August 2015
    @davud.av Indonesia native language is 'Bahasa Indonesia'. I'm not be able to write a novel with english, not yet. But i'll try to do it. :)
    I promise to give you my link if i get 3 star.
    Oh, or we can chatting via skype. Do you have a skype?

Do you have Insomnia or something?
    yeap I'll write you my skype id, but now I should look at it as don't remember :D
    btw are you participating at their skype conversation sessions??
    @Alantika my skype name is davud._.
    Yeah, you have to get two star for join skype session. :D
    so you did participate in one of them? :)
    Yes, i participate in one of them. There is really fun. :D
    Oh I'll try to go there also then :D
    You should to get two star before. Keep active and join to another discussion, @davud.av
    Trying to do so @Alantika :)
    I suggest you to join in 'How do you live' forum. the people there are very nice. :D
    Yep I'm going there right now :)
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,675 mod
    edited August 2015
    I read the Harry Potter books as soon as they came out and couldn't put them down till I'd finished. I think I like Harry Potter's character best. I liked most the very first in the series.
    @mheredge , Wooow, i was an amazing book. I always felt hogwarts is really exist . ehehehe