Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Little story

lemonlemon Posts: 68 ✭✭
I wrote it some time ago, when I was bored. What do you think of it (my use of English, in particular)? I am not sure that is how you change voices in English, by the way. Also, I do not know if this was the right place to post it in the forum.

---------------------------------------

— I love your long blond hair — said Rachel. I was right beside her and we were speaking for some time now. That phrase come out of nowhere and I could not think a good answer.
— Thank you. I like your hair too — she smiled and our eyes met each other. Slowly we get closer, knowing what was about to happen. We kissed. It lasted about a minute or so, and then she looked away. I kept staring at her, she was looking at the stars, her eyes shining and she lightly rose her barren shoulder. I liked her shoulders too.
— Do you know them? The stars, I mean.
— Some of them — I answered, looking up too.
— Show me.
— Hum. There is Canopus and there, below the southern cross is Rigil Centaurus, it's the nearest star to the sun, do you knew?
— Hum. And you think there are some life in there?
— Well, not there necessarily, but I think there must be in some of them at least.
— Would you like go to there and check it for yourself?
— Sure. Do you have your spaceship with you?
She smiled.
— It's down there, hidden in those bushes. Actually, those bushes are just a hologram.
And so we went.

Comments

• lemonlemon Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Thank you @Zom. I'll check the corrections later, I'm with little time to enter the forum lately.
This discussion has been closed.