Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 57

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler TeacherPosts: 2,113 mod
code
medal
rib

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,113 mod
    The code on the gold medal was raised and was digging into his ribs.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    If you broke the code that was impossible to crack or cooked a fine roasted rib of beef ( the perfect one ) in this case I guess you'll be getting another medal for this anyway
    ----------------------------
    If you broke the impossible to crack code or cooked a fine roast rib of beef, I guess you'll be getting a medal either way.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,641 mod
    Complying with the quality codes for preparing meat, the butcher earned a medal for the best spare ribs.
  • ManLearnerManLearner Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Doctor developed a code for detection of fractured ribs and got gold medal.
    --------------------
    The doctor developed a code for the detection of fractured ribs and got a gold medal.
    edited July 2015
    Is there any code for making ribs in html, is so you can get bronze medal.
    ------------------
    Is there a code for making ribs in html, and if so can you get a bronze medal?
    edited July 2015
    Now a days, everywhere cheating, you can get cheating codes for games, Gold medals from market as well as artificial ribs to show you skinny.
    -----------------
    Nowadays, there is cheating everywhere; you can get cheating codes for games, gold medals from markets as well as artificial ribs to show how skinny you are.
  • lemonlemon Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    John Watson broke his ribs preventing the revelation of the code by the enemy forces and he earned a medal for this. It was too painful to put it in his chest so he sell it and bought a lifelong stock of non-perishable goods.
    ------------------------
    John Watson broke his ribs preventing the revelation of the code to the enemy forces and he earned a medal for this. It was too painful to put it on his chest so he sold it and bought a stock of non-perishable goods that would last a lifetime.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,641 mod
    edited July 2015
    Did you know that 'rib eye medallion' is not a code name for a special kind of medal, but that it's just an ordinary piece of meat?
  • YinYin Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    The captain saved the life of the passengers after two engineers malfunctioned by breaking the code and his rib during landing and he got the medal.
    -----------------------
    The captain saved the life of the passengers after two engineers, engaged in espionage, caused damage by breaking the code and he broke his rib during the landing so he got a medal.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,113 mod
    The prized rib of beef was found by breaking the code on the medal.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    The secret agent earned a medal of honor for his contribution on cracking the enemy's code which revealed their classified roast rib's recipe.
    ---------------------
    The secret agent earned a medal of honour for his contribution in cracking the enemy's code which revealed their classified roast rib's recipe.
  • YinYin Posts: 191 ✭✭
    Thanks @amatsuscribbler 's correction
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,942 mod
    There was a key to the code engraved on the back of the medal which he had been wearing when he'd had been shot and this had got stuck in his rib.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,886 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    The detective found a coded medal over the ribs of a dead body that has completely changed the direction of investigation.
    ------------------
    The detective found a coded medal over the ribs of a dead body that completely changed the direction of the investigation.
    edited July 2015
    The karate player received a gold medal and a shield engraved with a coded words for a match that has almost broken his left rib.
    ----------------
    The karate player received a gold medal and a shield engraved with coded words for a match that almost broke his left rib.
    edited July 2015
    In a computer game, I was stuck at a level where I need to find out a gold medal and rib on which the code of next level was written.
    ----------------------
    In a computer game, I was stuck at a level where I needed to find a gold medal and a rib on which the code of next level was written.
    edited July 2015
    It was a great discovery by the research team who found pretty old fossils in a desert largely consisted of skeletons with broken ribs and detached skulls, some coins, and bronze medals engraved with some digits.
    ---------------------
    It was a great discovery by the research team who found some pretty old fossils in a desert largely consisting of skeletons with broken ribs and detached skulls, some coins, and bronze medals engraved with some digits.
    edited July 2015
    The successful decoding of a language on ribs can help the researcher to win the gold medal for an outstanding researcher of the year.
    ----------------------
    The successful decoding of a language on ribs helped the researcher to win the gold medal for outstanding researcher of the year.
    The skeleton of a dinosaur in the museum gave us a clue to open the code of the medal room.
    edited July 2015
    After receiving the medal of honor, I felt a sudden pain under my last ribs and canceled my speech that I had written in coded words.
    ------------------
    After receiving the medal of honour, I felt a sudden pain under my ribs and cancelled the speech that I had written in coded words.
    thanks @amatsuscribbler for corrections
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    If he had entered a wrong code, I would have won the medal, and he would have lost the bet. But, I was the loser, and I had to pay for rib served as dinner at restaurant.
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭
    In the little grocery I finally found a package of easily prepared food, which was awarded with the costumers’ gold medal in the last summer season, and I believed it ought to stick to my ribs, but the code on the package was damaged, so I couldn’t buy it.
    When Jane, who doesn’t like the computers at all, told me that she will collaborate in the Google Code Jam competition and that she expects the gold medal at the end, I laughed out loud and said that it must be a real rib-tickler.
    A couple of days ago we went to the restaurant, where they still have dress codes, and the chef there prepared such a delicious meal, that he undoubtedly deserves a medal for his Best-Ever Barbecued Ribs.
    edited July 2015
    Did you see the painting with a code D1254? Don't you think the artist who raised a voice against hunger and famine by painting this picture of a Somalian child with protruding ribs really deserves a gold medal?

A dead body with broken ribs and the fake bar code on a chocolate bar by a medal company really helped in solving the murder case.
    No one actually could decipher the codes on rib fossils so far, not even the researchers with gold medals.
    After getting some information about codes of the "medal software", he beat the software engineer with a rod that has broken his lower ribs and one arm.
This discussion has been closed.