Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

May

HeknerHekner Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
Inside my heart is breaking, :(
My make-up may be flaking,
But my smile still stays on ...

Comments

• HeknerHekner Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    "'Before I draw nearer to that stone to which you point,' said Scrooge, 'answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that may be, only?'"
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,069 mod
    There may be trouble ahead
    But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
    Let's face the music and dance ...

• BobmendezBobmendez Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Nice song! I wish all English-speaking songs were as leisurely as this one. :\"> Then I could say that I'm a fluent listener :)

May be I am wrong, an example of asking permission is no superfluous here:
    "May I have this dance?"
    May I ask another question? What is the difference between: "Can I have this dance?" and "Could I have this dance?"
    "You are using an out of date version of Google. Some features may not work correctly."
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,069 mod
    Hi Bob,

In the context of asking for permission they are simply different ways of saying the same thing.

Can I have this dance? Is slightly less polite.

Even less polite, but famous from the old sitcom The Liver Birds-

A: Are you dancing?
    B: Are you asking?
    A: I'm asking.
    B: I'm dancing.

• prinksprinks Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    May be it's easy to say everyone is happy in this world, may be people shows fake smile and fake expressions but we can not hide it from our eyes.

--------------------------

Maybe it's easy to say everyone is happy in this world, and people may show fake smiles and fake expressions, but we cannot hide the pain from showing in our eyes.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    "The bird will want a heap of sunshine," she said; "he's young, and my mother says that all young things want lots and lots of sun. May I pull up the blind in the bay window, Miss Primrose; and may I hang Jimmy's cage just here?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭