Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Which sports do you play and practice? and would you like to play it or demonstrate it?

souhaibsouhaib Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Hobbies and Sport
To days i think that ther is no one don't practice or play at least a sport
when I tell you a sport Your thinking is not confined to the football, basketball, handball ...
because ther is many sports you con play it without clubs or trainers like walking, running, Chess ...
and there are many sports we don't know it so anyone tell us which sport does hi\she play and try to discribe it

second one is wushu king fu it is one of the Martial arts it known by Chinese martial arts the wushu has many style.
Almost all the styles inspired by the combat of animals.

------------------------------------

Nowadays I don't think there's anyone who doesn't practice or at least play one sport.
When I say sport, don't confine your thoughts to football, basketball, handball etc., because there are many sports you con play without have to join clubs or wear trainers, such as walking, running, chess ..., and there are many sports we may not know about. So, everyone tell us which sport you play and try to describe it.

I play two sports: The first one is running, a well known sport, but the second one is wushu king fu. It is one of the Martial arts, known as Chinese martial arts. The wushu has many styles. Almost all the styles are inspired by the combat of animals.
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @souhaib If you wanted to start a new discussion, there was another thread with similar purpose "sports". But you have put your efforts, so I will share my views.
    I liked to play and practice badminton in my college and university time. Right now I don't have time to play it. But sometimes for a change I use to play football with my nieces.
    Second part of the question is a bit difficult to answer. It should be like would you like to describe it or elaborate it? If you have told me the purpose of these sentences, I would have better guided you. But good efforts!

Rest @Lynne (our teacher) will correct the title and text.

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,593 mod
    @bubbli When you say "use to", do you mean you don't any longer?
    edited July 2015
    @Lynne my understanding of this expression was different. Thank you for highlighting it. I've read in detail about this expression for clarity.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/used+to
    Post edited by Bubbly on
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    During the study i played squash und football, but because of the job and the family i didn't have time for sport the last few years. Now my children are a little bit older and i have started with my sport dream a few months ago. I got a diving licence and now go diving. It is a great experience!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51 ✭✭
    i would like to play tennis and basket ball sport but most of the time actuallly me spare time i play games on internet or mobiles or tablet as often as i like to play..i love games..games make me relax and energetic....:)
  • christellechristelle Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bubbli Like you, I like playing badminton and football !
  • yanyanyanyan Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I love playing sports. :) I like playing tennis, badminton and squash. I play tennis once a week, squash twice a month, stopped playing badminton for a while. :( .I enjoy to go horse-riding, still a beginner, learning trot only. I like swimming, it makes me feel relax. Few years ago, i play golf as well, stopped for over 2 years. :(
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,148 mod
    I used to play squash when I was a student. Then I used to play a bit of badminton when I worked at a place where they had their own courts. I used to sail competitvely too, but now I only sail to relax.
    I have been playing basketball for 3 years, and it has become like a part of my life not just a hobby. but i would like my country to be better in sports so i could improve myself much more, and would have a chance to proceed with. also i adore practicing plates. i feel confident with it. and it is as long lived as basketball.
    I like playing football but I'm not good player just to have fun with my friends and do exercise , and I like swimming so much I used to swim when I was child .
    @yamen swimming is the most interesting activity that helps you to feel relaxed. :)
    My favorite sports are swimming, badminton and chess. I prefer indoor games rather than outdoor games. No need to stay under sunlight..LOL.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,757 mod
    I enjoy swimming, and I practice it three times each week for around an hour. I like to go swimming early in the morning, when there is nobody else in the pool, as I find it to be very relaxing at that time. Then, I am in a great mood to start work afterwards, and it makes me a lot more productive for the rest of the day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    well i play soccer, i wrote soccer because i don't know if you use the word football to mean (american football or football soccer), but in any case i play soccer and practice a little bit kick boxing, and the answer to the second question is: i'd like to practice bjj or parkour!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I used to play tennis but, unfortunately, I don't play anymore (only occasionaly), because I don't have a good wall to play alone and I'm the only who likes it in my family.
    Also I have played badminton and a bit of basketball.
    When I was younger I used to go to swimming too.
    Actually I like doing Geocashing (that also can be considerated a game) and maybe I'll try return to tennis, because I used to enjoy it :)
  • selmanselman Posts: 18 ✭✭
    i used to go to ski but currently i dont have time to do so. Skiing is the most attractive sport in the world :)
  • selmanselman Posts: 18 ✭✭
    i used to go to ski but currently i dont have time to do so. Skiing is the most attractive sport in the world :)
  • diegopollitodiegopollito Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I running. Every day I run 6 kms and, by the weekend I run 10 kms. I spend 4:30 minutes per km. The big runners spend less than 3:00 minutes per km. Is fascinating practice sports, and indeed is very healthy. Do not forget practice at least three days for a week.
  • diegopollitodiegopollito Posts: 17 ✭✭
    > @BeatrizAbrantes said:
    > I used to play tennis but, unfortunately, I don't play anymore (only occasionaly), because I don't have a good wall to play alone and I'm the only who likes it in my family.
    > Also I have played badminton and a bit of basketball.
    > When I was younger I used to go to swimming too.
    > Actually I like doing Geocashing (that also can be considerated a game) and maybe I'll try return to tennis, because I used to enjoy it :)

Congratulations Beatriz. Is very important you return to practice sports, your life will be more healthy, and enjayable.
  • yijunliuyijunliu Posts: 14 ✭✭
    > @GemmaRowlands said:
    > I enjoy swimming, and I practice it three times each week for around an hour. I like to go swimming early in the morning, when there is nobody else in the pool, as I find it to be very relaxing at that time. Then, I am in a great mood to start work afterwards, and it makes me a lot more productive for the rest of the day.

Hi GemmaRowlands, I have the same habit with you enjoying swimming. While I usually swim on afternoon weekend. :) It looks you wake up very early in the morning, may I know what time do you usually swim in the morning?
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 Inactive
    Usually I play five-a side football once a week,and sometimes during winter I like skiing, or ice skating, while in summertime I like cycling and hiking.
    usually i paly badminton daily morning because iam very much intrested ans passionate about that game and i think that we can more focus or concentration while playing these games
  • aquinesseaquinesse Posts: 8
    Hi ;) I'm into in martial arts, I used to train karate Kyoukushin (4 kyu) and krav maga. N
  • Hello!
    I am a new member. I do mountainbiking and biathlon, but I haven't found any discussion about these sports yet. Could anyone recommend me a discussion or group about them? :D
    @happiness6431 this discussion is about different types of sports and you mentioned your as well. Let's wait for any other mountain-biker to join you here. :)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite sport is football I'm good goalkeeper a little friends can achieve goal . I don't have any time now to practice any sport just working
  • dennis_sdennis_s Posts: 6
    I have done gliding since i was 14. I like it mostly for the interaction of technology with nature that can make flights over hours and over hundreds of miles possible. Lastly, being ably to fly is everyones dream, isn't it?

Another hobby i begun with a few years ago is sport climbing. I think its a great training and a good compensation for office work.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,669 mod
    edited April 2016
    I have no particular sports to play. However, I have tried basketball, volleyball, table tennis and bowling.
  • andres9926andres9926 Posts: 7
    I was in Krav Maga for at least 3 years, then I started jiu jitsu but I got out.... right now I only go to the gym