Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Describe Favorite Restaurant

madhugmadhug Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
You Should say

> Where it is?
> How its look like inside and outside?
> What kind of food they serve?

Comments

• madhugmadhug Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    My favourite Restaurant is Barbecue. It is locate near to my office. One of my collogue has got best employee award. So he willing give us a party in Barbecue restaurant. We were four reached restaurant by car on Sunday.

When we enter the restaurant I noticed ambiance was amazing, they are decorated with different kind of colour flowers. A waiter reached us and asked "How can I help you". We said " we need a table of four", then we sat down right side corner.

They served very quickly, we had fish fry a great lunch
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,382 mod
    Actually for barbeque I prefer to do that outside, @madhug :) .
    Fondue is a good kind of meal to eat inside together with a lot of friends.
    @april, Yes..! it is good to enjoy with lot of friends in restaurants, If outside restaurants we enjoy more with friends. :)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    My favourite restaurant in Nice is the Chantecler, a (now) two star Micelin restaurant. I haven't been for ages, but the food here was always excellent and the service immaculate.

My favourite restaurant in London is also French. The food there is also very good. The service isn't bad but doesn't quite rise to the dizzy heights of the Chantecler.
    edited June 2015
    @mheredge, Nice to here your favorite restaurant.
    Do you have any favorite cuisine? and Have you been ever tried Indian cuisine?
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,382 mod
    I tried Indian cuisine when I was in Malta.
    We chosed a not spicy dish, but it was still spicy! :)
    It was good, though.
    I've tried quite a few Indian dishes @madhug. In France though, many people don't like spicy food. The Indian restaurants have adapted and tend not to serve anything very piquant as they would describe it.
    edited June 2015
    @mheredge, may be some restaurant like that, In India they are very particular about food. If restaurant not able to serve what they described in the menu, we won't accept it.

Where did you happen like this in India? or Which country?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    It's the same in Germany. If you want a good curry, you have to make it yourself.
    @Lynne, Hoo great..! Making curry our self, it's excellent, then we could learn more about how to make curries in restaurant. In restaurant preparing food very fast so we can learn how fast could prepare food.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    @madhug, Well, we are hoping to get a new kitchen soon, my old oven was a bit of a cheapy, and it's not the most reliable device. I'd prefer to cook on gas, but that was too expensive, so we are going for an induction plate. Have you ever used one?
    @Lynne, I always prefer to make recipes on gas only, because i don't know how to prepare recipes on oven. Preparing any kind of recipe on gas is very tasty and delicious.

I will try to prepare recipes on oven.
    Having eaten lunch and dinner at @Igor_Lovera's excellent restaurant, I think you would all love this place. Serving Italian food (pizzas in the evening), it is in a picturesque village in the hills of Piedmont, in the north of Italy. Many people stop here on their way in or out of Turin, as it's a favourite area to visit and relax.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,737 mod
    My favourite restaurant is a small Italian place near where I live. I like it because Italian food is my favourite type, and the food in this place is always of the absolute highest possibly quality, which I really appreciate. I like to go there with my family when we have something to celebrate, and it is my birthday at the weekend so I think I might go there.
    Favourite restaurant? Well @Igor_Lovera has a very cool place in Piedmont in Italy that serves wonderful pizza.

Here in Nice, my favourite place closed a while ago, so I'm still searching but the Pomme de Adam is a small Italian place nearby that isn't bad.

London? There's a very nice little Indian vegetarian bring-your-own (alcohol) place in Chapel Market that I was introduced to that I will definitely return to in a couple of months when I next go back to the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    My favoutire restaurant in Cardiff is Giovanni's. Here you can eat italian food; baked pasta, tagliatelle with seafood, meat and a lot of seafood specialties and desserts of all kinds. The ingredients come daily from Italy such as mozzarella
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mariazap I've actually tried to make baked pasta at home. It worked very well and was very delicious.
    At the moment, my favourite café is a place in Nice that serves the most delicious bagels and muffins. Not only sweet, they have a good choice of savoury muffins and the bagels come will all sorts of fillings and with a choice of bagels. I like best the spicy cheese bagel filled with tomato and pesto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    In London Santa Maria is the best pizzeria in the area around West Ealing. Not only you can eat delicious pizzas but also many appetizers like " parmigiana aubergines" Sorry but I only eat Italian food abroad
    yesterday..! I want bring my wife to my favorite Barbecue restaurant. The program was cancelled because of office work. My wife prepared delicious fish fry for me at my home.
    It was awesome. the recipe become one of my favorite dish.
    edited September 2015
    @madhug usually frying the fish is an art. If there is some extra spices or changes in marination time, it doesn't give the good taste.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,737 mod
    > @mariazap said:
    > My favoutire restaurant in Cardiff is Giovanni's. Here you can eat italian food; baked pasta, tagliatelle with seafood, meat and a lot of seafood specialties and desserts of all kinds. The ingredients come daily from Italy such as mozzarella

I have visited there when I was staying with family who live in Wales, and I admit that it was one of the nicest meals that I have ever had the pleasure of eating. I adore Italian food so it was right up my street, and my family were able to have a good time while we were there, which was a great thing indeed.
    @bubbli Cleaning fish is most important in preparing Fish Fry, so before you preparing fish fry we need to know about how to clean the fish.

When I am in forced bachelor I would like to prepare Fish Fry. I brought fish fry from shop, with my experience I had prepared Fish Fry. Finally I prepared.

The recipe appearance is too good but when I taste that...! Its horrible I could not eat even one peace also.

I get know my mistake from my wife. She told me that cleaning fish is most important.
    @madhug cleaning up the fish means removing its scales and other offal, right? The shopkeeper usually do it for me. The only critical point is how to marinate fish properly.
    @bubbli Marination is one of the major role. Second one is cleaning.. We are cleaning with Sorghum power two times, with these power removing scales are very easy and it gives good taste.

It depends on type of fish, some fishes are very smooth or small size, we can't not rub hardly. Rest of the fishes we can make it as the same way.
    @madhug right. I think the type of fish matters a lot and even the freshness. Usually, we get fish that is preserved so it doesn't have a good taste. :)
  • muramura Posts: 9
    My favorite Restraunt is homemade of my Wife ! :)))
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to going to restaurants beside the sea
    I love sea food and soup
    I love quite and romantic air
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭
    my kitchen. :D
    I also like sea food and whenever I get a chance to dine out, I prefer fish over chicken or mutton.