Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your favourite language

Comments

• [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I know you the more you look interesting.
    ;) @Xanthippe
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @meu My feelings about SL are same, but @Xanthippe wants me to beat her over there and I can't say 'No" to her. ;)
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbli, no refusal of course. ;) He he.
    edited August 2015
    @Xanthippe I need to grind my axes now-the real one. :) This expression is usually used by @Lynne. :)
    @bubbli Then I need @Xanthippe to give me a presentation about SL. :D I am SL-illiterate.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    my favorite language is Tamil,because it is my mother tongue.
    Because this is "my favourite langauge" thread. So, before @Lynne split it. Let's talk about the language of SL. @Xanthippe @meu ;)
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbli, well, this is a kind of slang. Words like rezz, crash, griefer, etc.
    Hehe!!
    So my favourite language is the one which could be understood without words.
    ;)
    @Xanthippe that is why you take so much interest in SL. Now, I got it. ;)
    @Sriram Tamil is a very difficult language and one of the oldest language in the world, right?
    @meu that is called "Our Wall". ;)
    @bubbli LOL Exactly :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Actually my favorite language is english. I'm obsessed with it, it's pratic, beautifull and it's around the intire world! I love it. My mother language is portuguese, a great language too :)
    @BeatrizAbrantes Portuguese is close to Spanish, right?
  • I think spanish is my favorite language, because it's my mother tongue and I can whatever I want and felt in that language
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,840 mod
    Some Scots can speak Gaelic which is a Celtic language and incomprehensible to English speakers @roromao83. But most Scots don't speak anything but English even if they do have accents that English people find hard to understand.

Most Welsh people can speak or at least understand their Welsh language as this is taught in schools . It's another Celtic language.
    @bubbli Yes, because they are two romanesque languages that were born from latin. Also the two countries are "neighbors", so they end up mixing.
    Even that has several differences usually a portuguese without Spanish training can understand at least part of what a spanish says, and vice versa :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,367 mod
    I enjoy speaking French, as it is the second language that I started speaking, so other than my own language it is the one that I know the most of. I like translating texts from one language to another, and it is actually a hobby of mine that I do quite a lot. It is definitely one of the best ways to be able to improve your English.
  • dededede Posts: 61 Inactive
    my favorite language is arabic because it is my mother tongue but also i wish to speak english language fluent as native speakers
    I love english and arabic . In the future I would like to learn french :)
  • naDaothmannaDaothman Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Iam very interested in English, spanish and French ...why??? Because I love it when I heard celion dion sings in french it is very effective and I love the spelling of the french's letters on the other hand I learned some of spanish and I find it easy to be a native at it and fun :-) but english I try to be a fluent at it for alongtime but without practice so that's enough it is time to be a fluent :-D
    @naDaothman French is a beautiful language and I intend to learn it as well. The only issue is English always takes my full attention so I don't stop doing some efforts for other languages. :)
  • naDaothmannaDaothman Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I think learning French isn't very easy especially at it's spelling but english is more important and expansion so unfortunately take from me long time till now I won't become a fluent but iam trying :-D @bubbli
    @naDaothman but compared to other languages, French is not that difficult. I have tried to learn few basics of it.
  • SchuylerSchuyler Posts: 6
    My favorite language is Russian because it just sounds so beautiful to me. :smile: I am trying to learn Russian, but I still only know a little bit. My main priority at the moment is to learn German because I would like to study in Germany as a student, so that takes up most of my language-learning time.
  • I think English easy not hardly like french
  • peanutcd2005peanutcd2005 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I always think language a tool to make me communicate with people from other countries. I hope understand more languages so that I can learn more the world.
    @peanutcd2005 but still you have one or two favourite languages?
    Are you learning French as well Elattar?
    I think English easy not hardly like french