Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your favourite language

Comments

• ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent @roromao83, to me it means that you fell in love with German and you'll not let its grammar spoil it.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @zom so you like to learn different languages simultaneously. Nice!
    In my case, when a language jumps in at some point, it doesn't kick the other ones out.
  • roromao83roromao83 Posts: 187 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    @zom yes . I think so and I hope so :D
    I am learning Arabic these days. I am satisfied that I rightly guessed the meaning of many words that were new for me. :)
    @bubbli Wow very good.keep on :) if you need help please tell me .
    @roromao83 thanks alot. I will definitely ask you, once you will join me on Skype.
    @bubbli Yeah .I will
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 868 Teacher
    I like Portuguese and English, but I might be biased since those are the languages I can speak and understand! Although I don´t like how many conjugations there are in Portuguese (I think English verbs are easier)...
    edited July 2015
    @bubbli Thanks. Iam injoy to the fourm :)
    @roromao83 good to know that you enjoy this forum. :)
    @roromao83 are you ready to teach me German? ;)
    edited July 2015
    @bubbli I can help you in Arabic language but the german language my knowledge still simple about it :) but really I like this language .
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    well my favourite language is frensh despite that is not my native language I feel like it s the nobel language
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,599 mod
    I think the Portuguese spoken by Brazilians sounds like music and is the most beautiful language to listen to (@Helvio?).

I love wandering around in London as you hear so many different languages. I'm not so familiar with some, though I can tell the difference between Polish and Russian. But Serbian, Czeck, Hungarian - I'd be hard pushed to distinguish between these languages.
    @mheredge how can write latters in the Portuguese language, like English or different latters!?
    Most European languages like Portuguese and English use the Roman alphabet @roromao88. Greek is an obvious exception. Some European languages have accents on the letters like the French language, umlauts in German and some languages maybe have the odd letter that's different. But generally they are similar. Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Hindi, Georgian, Albanian however, just to name a few examples, have completely different alphabets.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    > @Zom said:
    > Does it mean that you can interact with people in Japanese, naturalconan?
    Yes, I can and I think it is easier for me than English.
    edited July 2015
    @mheredge Any One have a mother language .so he will see the different languages difficult for him.example about Arabic language in the middle esat have a different accents. for example in North Africa specifically the Morocco Arabian (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia) a mixture of Arabic and french and in Egypt they have a different accent and the gulf countries they have different accent too and so and so ..
    but all countries in middle east they understand each other with out a different accents for speek and sometimes for the write too, but the other people if needs learn Arabic should be start learn a purely Arabic and then learn different accents in Arabic to make the understand easy for them .I think not many people know that about Arabic language. so the a mother language can be specific how the different languages can be difficult for you, because some languages almost the same without a little bit different from all the world, i mean from all continents or what nationality are you !. :)
    @roromao83 I forget to mention that I also like Arabic language because it is the Quranic language as well. Now, I have developed a basic understanding of it due to the recitation of Holy Quran daily.
    @bubbli :) Well Don my friend.nice to know that too .
    @roromao83 thanks.
    You are welcome any time @bubbli :)
    @naturalconan, Methinks that you haven't discovered yet what would have the same impact as Japanimes, but for your English. When you do, you might find that learning English is almost as easy as Japanese.
    I had a friend who learned Arabic in the Middle East @roromao83, but then found he couldn't understand or be understood in Morocco. But then I sometimes have problems following someone from Glasgow even if they think that they're speaking the same language.
    @mheredge ok I understood :) . but where is Glasgow?
  • londonlondon Posts: 14 ✭✭
    My favorite language is English !
    Glasgow is in Scotland @roromao83. Some of the British regional accents can be difficult to understand and the Glasweigian accent is sometimes one of the hardest.
    edited July 2015
    @mheredge Oh .I see .are they speak English ?
  • AlantikaAlantika Posts: 182 Inactive
    @souhaib
    Japanese... because i love watching Anime and read Manga.
    Indonesian... because it's my mother language.
    English... because... em... i want to talk with many people from abroad.

But the language that I really - really - really want to learn is Arabic . I haven't had the opportunity to learn. Someday i will.