Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is the best place you have ever visited?

Talk about the best place you have ever visited. You should say a)How you came to know it; b)What you know about it; c)What you enjoyed doing there; d) Say what you admire that place so much.
Tagged:

Comments

• atiati Posts: 6
    Best place I've ever visited is Morotai Island in Indonesia. you can find a heavenly beach there. Oh ya, can I share the picture of the island here? I have not known exactly the detail of this room, I am a new visitor. thank you ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,555 mod
    This is an impossible question for me to answer @wladimiro. I have too many favourites.

I think my favourite city might be St Petersburg for elegance, but also for the wonderful memory of a picnic late in the midsummer evening with some Russian and foreign people who had come to the city for an art festival.
    Yeah sure, St. Petersburg. Go to Rusia is one of my dream. Will you tell me some tips to go there @mheredge ? any special site or event that shouldn't be missed?
    The Hermitage must be number one attraction there @ati. Whenever I went (a few years ago now), I stayed at a youth hostel and they were very helpful in providing the paperwork for the visa making it very easy to obtain at the Russian Embassy in London before leaving.
    Did you go to rusia for a job or vacation? yeah, right. Finding some hostel which can help us for visa will be very useful. My friend told me she went to Rusia for working so everything was already set up by the company, and I forget about this visa matter,haha. thank you @mheredge
    @ati I went as a tourist. At the moment I hear rumours that it's more difficult than usual to get a tourist visa to go to Russia. I met a few people recently who'd had their application turned down. It probably depends what nationality you are.
  • influenzaobdinfluenzaobd Posts: 16 ✭✭
    The best place I ever visited is Valencia. That spot is perfect for me, I loved the sunny days, the parties and going to the sea every day. The city is not so big there is something beautiful to see almost everywhere. The best architectural building is "la ciudad de las artes y de la ciencias" the was made for expo. It is really a wonderful place. The city was crossed by a river but, after a flood in 1950, people of Valencia decided to deviate the flow of the river. Now the river is a wonderful park that crosses the city :)
    And then life is so cheap. A bottle of beer costs 1 euro, parties at disco are free and playing beach volley on seaside is free as well! People are awesome and it is easy to make new friends. I really miss it.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    The best place I have ever visited is Japan and to be specific, the city of Kyoto. I got to know the place from variety sources, such as TV series, Japanese animation and games. I knew that Kyoto is a clean and tidy city which was an ancient capital of Japan. The traditional buildings there are protected well and historical atmosphere can be felt all around the city. I have lived there for half year, and enjoyed the living for friendly people, delicious food and well-preserved environment. I always like the place since I watched lots of animation and wanted to be there once. So I was very exciting when I got off the airplane like the most wonderful dream came true. I guess it was the experience I would never forget.
    I agree with you on Kyoto @naturalconan. I went a couple of times from Osama to visit some of the lovely temples there and also the fascinating old shopping arcade.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,927 mod
    I have been to the top of the Empire State Building in New York, and while it might not be a natural wonder, I do believe that it shows the true power of human beings, and what we're really capable of creating, so it is a wonderful thing indeed. I would very much like to go again to see it, as I went at night and would love to see it again during the day.
  • nanynany Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    The most beautiful place that I have ever seen is Luxor and Aswan in Egypt. Luxor and Aswan are considered historical places as you can see the monuments and the city itself is a beautiful as you can see friendly people @Bubbly
    I keep being to drawn back to Nepal and the Annapurnas when I think of the most beautiful place, but as a tourist visiting a country, Iran takes a lot of beating.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Fortaleza - CE in Brazil. It is very beautiful place. The beach are very good.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Nile is best place in my country and pyramids and sphinx my country rich pretty places
    I haven't been to the Red Sea from the Egyptian side @gomaa, but I did spend a day there once over on the Jordanian side. The coral and fish were amazing.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge the sea so beautiful the around the world coming to visit red Sea you can everything in the bottom and strange fish so beautiful and see some plants growing in the bottom
  • leonardobrleonardobr Posts: 12 ✭✭
    The best place that I visited was Vancouver, but the more beautiful was Paris. 2 places that I hope come back sometime.
    > @joncunha said:
    > Fortaleza - CE in Brazil. It is very beautiful place. The beach are very good.

That place it´s really something. I agree with @joncunha, it´s really beautiful and the weather it´s always firm and hot.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Yes @leonardobr Brazil it is amazing. Did you still leave in Canada?
    [quote="joncunha;112578"]Yes @leonardobr Brazil it is amazing. Did you still leave in Canada?[/quote]

No, I returned to Brazil in 2013.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Unfornutely i didn't visit many countries. Only Russia, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia and that is all. I'm from Republic of Moldova and want to start my travelling. Please advice me the first country to visit!
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,673 mod
    Japan is the best place for me so far for its clean air and clean surroundings. ;)
This discussion has been closed.