Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What would it be like to live in another country?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,291 mod
Try this quiz to get a snapshot:-

http://www.bbc.com/capital/bespoke/specials/my-other-life/index.html

Were you surprised? Has it made you change your mind?
Tagged:

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,291 mod
    I took the quiz for Germany, and learnt about the museum of things. The next time I'm in Berlin I will have to go there.

http://www.museumderdinge.org/
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised. Pakistan is not in the region. :(
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,105 mod
    @souhaib I like China a lot. I think life is still very tough in some areas, especially in the countryside, but the cities are very well-developed and comfortable. I could live in China, except perhaps I would have to be careful about what I said. Political freedom isn't the country's strong point.

I chose France and the quiz put me in Paris. I'm not sure if I agreed with their estimated 59 € weekly grocery bill though.
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    also palestine is not there, any way most of my mom's relatives are in the US , i would love to be there
  • JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I like live here ,where I'm .And have a little trip to some other place to get a confirmation that my opinion has been right :) .
    Pretty biased quiz!
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree bubbli, it is biased. duh!
    I checked UK though, and it said "you are going to be bankrupt" :D
    Africa only included two countries: Egypt and South Africa. And most of the world seemed to be ignored.
    edited June 2015
    @meu What did you check in UK that you got this message? ;)
    @mheredge I think it should be reported on the website as well. Let me check if there is any feedback or comments corner or not. Hopefully, I will not be bankrupt after that! ;)
    Trust me only a studio apartment for a single girl and a theatre pass for weekend :p @bubbli
  • asmaawafyasmaawafy Posts: 16 ✭✭
    although I'like my country very much , but I prefer to stay in another country like THE LANDS 2 or 3 years to recognize it's culture , see more nice people and learn some of thier habits , come back to my country again and so on .
    > @asmaawafy said:
    > although I'like my country very much , but I prefer to stay in another country like THILAND :) 2 or 3 years to recognize it's culture , see more nice people and learn some of thier habits , come back to my country again and so on .
    @asmaawafy which country are you from?
    @meu not a bad deal! Above my expectation! ;)
    @asmaawafy culture is the core part of a country. It gives you a complete picture of that country. So, don't miss it. :)
  • sapkassapkas Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Poland is not available too... I choose south Africa and I wasn't surprise:)
    @sapkas are you in South Africa?
    @bubbli no:)- I picked it in quiz.
    edited June 2015
    @sapkas I like it! :) Let me try another country if not of my own. :)

I chose France and I couldn't understand the results. ;)
    @bubbli what is surprising in the result for you:)?
    @sapkas It is a list of surprises about living, job, retirement, health, hotel etc. ;) Oh! I didn't save it. :open_mouth:
    I read that expats who were asked in a recent poll, which was the 'best' country to live in from a foreigner's perspective, came up with France as number one. This doesn't surprise me as the quality of life is very good here.
    @meu I'm from Egypt .
    Where in Egypt are you from @asmaawafy? I have visited Egypt a couple of yimes but my sister lived there for several months working as a nanny in Cairo. She loved it there.
    @mheredge what were the other countries as a result of this poll and is this poll only conducted for European countries?
  • dalydaly Posts: 10
    i like to live in austerillia
    Why do you like to live in Australia @daly? Is this where you are now?
    What a country to live @asmaawafy with such a history and historical places!