Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

how to lose weight ?

truptitrupti Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Health and Beauty
:# i gain 3 kg weight in last 1 year.. now it's to hard to loss this weight.i did change my diet ( i am vagitarian) ,i joined gym ,i do exercises .. but no improvements. :(

what can i do ?
Post edited by april on

Comments

• rahil11rahil11 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    You should run for half hour per day on treadmill machine, the speed should be varied each day. And avoid any food that contains fat. Avoid junk and oily foods too
  • MonikMonik Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    @trupti Any how, if you find the recipe... Let us know! :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @monik2014 if I forgot, please remind me when he will share that. :)
    I think you should also try herbal tea, a good antioxidant and it will also accelerate your metabolism but beware of some herbal diet tea products. Always use the natural ones.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @trupti, Maybe these 3 extra kilos are not extra fat anymore, you might have just convert them into muscles that now gives you a lovely silhouette. Then there is nothing to try to lose any longer. :D
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    @bubbli no problem I will remain you... ☺ it is an interesting matter...
    @monik2014 Thank you. Interesting in terms of some solutions. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I have thyroid problem and because of this problem I gain 10 kg wait. Now i want to reduce my weight but I can't do tough exercises. Can anyone suggest me some easy tips?
    @Nisha-raj123 we are also exploring the same. :)
    What I think is weight gain and weight loss varies from person to person. I am a lean person but whenever I put on some weight I start drinking green tea using different desi herbs and I lose it within a month but it might not be helpful for others. So, depends upon the reasons and then solutions accordingly. Simple solution is start a daily walk and eat balanced diet.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,502 mod
    Where are you @Hermine? Maybe you have some useful tips. My only way of losing weight is eating smaller quantities and taking more exercise. But it always seems to be a losing battle.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,473 mod
    edited June 2015
    @Marianne, this time I am trying out a different one and I´m wondering if I can hold it.
    @mheredge I have same problem.. I must to start my routine as soon as possible because I've been spending too much time in front of the computer and I left behind my daily workout.. BTW, I'm not the kind of person who can eat whatever I want.. I have to shut my mouth. :(
    @monik, there are just a few out who can allow themselves to eat everything they want without gaining weight. I am sure the majority has to keep an eye on the scales.
    @Hermine you must be smart because you are into sports like hiking, swimming, cycling that keep you fit and slim, right?
    @Hermine you are right... But why me!!! LOL :)
    @monik, haha.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,522 mod
    Diets don't work. Lifestyle choices do. Concentrate on being fit, healthy, and happy. Can you walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing. Can you run for the bus without risking a heart attack?
    @Lynne I agree with you. But, being happy is the key. If we try to remain happy, we will remain healthy. Over-weight is also due to taking too much tensions that disturb the hormonal system, eating habits, life styles etc. I think it is about concentrating on the positive aspect of life that brings all this to you.
    edited June 2015
    @bubbli and @Lynne, I think you mean to strenghten the immune system.

Live happily and glad like the mouse in oat straw.

Live happily and be glad like a mouse in oat straw! This sums it up very nicely @Hermine.
    @Marianne, this is an old, very old Austrian rhyme.
    As snug as a bug in a rug @Hermine. That's me right now.
    @Marianne, nice.
    @Hermine I mean to see the positive side of life and your immune system will be strengthen automatically.
    @bubbli, yes you are right.
    I don't believe in being ill, so maybe this is why I'm almost never poorly.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,199 mod
    I always thought that people could gain weight because they have a good life!
    @mheredge lucky one! so your body defense mechanism is much stronger than germs around. :)
  • AmeliaAmelia Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Interesting topic! Well, I always have an issue with my weigh and dietery things, until recently I started exercising heavily. I do all kind of exercise.(spinning,Zumba, body attack,apps and LBT) However, there's one thing that I can not stop. TEA with MILK is my biggest struggle. I chronically drink tea.

Any advice? :)
  • nisreen.mustafanisreen.mustafa Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    you have to ask a nutritionist to see the amount of calorie you burn each day so he would tell you the sort of food that u should eat , and you should not be exercising too heavly cause this would effect your muscles all u have to do is to do some activities and walking, dancing, running but don't stress yourself doing it. just do it when it seems fine to you