Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is your favourite tv series?

My favourite tv series are: Glee, Breaking Bad, The Flash, Gomorra La Serie, In the Flesh, Better Call Saul, American Horror Story,Il Testimone and meny others. What about you?

Comments

• lilifowerlilifower Posts: 20 ✭✭
    ugly petty
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,539 mod
    I'm guessing they're all American series as I've never heard of any of them @elsamartino. I'm interested to see if there's a third series of The Fall (which I think might be a BBC series).
  • elsamartinoelsamartino Posts: 23 ✭✭
    > @mheredge said:
    > I'm guessing they're all American series as I've never heard of any of them elsamartino. I'm interested to see if there's a third series of The Fall (which I think might be a BBC series).

yes they're American and also Italian
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,868 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I like to prefer movies over TV series. But recently I have developed some taste of TV series so I am watching episodes of "The last enemy" and I think this is good so far.
  • JkunJkun Posts: 3
    Heyy, I like Breaking Bad , Daredevil, Dexter, Banshee, Penny Dreadful, Hell on Wheels, True Blood, The Walking Dead, The Strain and many more
  • JkunJkun Posts: 3
    edited June 2015
    :)
  • Prisca_SelvPrisca_Selv Posts: 26 ✭✭
    The Flash! haha that's my favorite tv series now
  • elsamartinoelsamartino Posts: 23 ✭✭
    > @Prisca_Selv said:
    > The Flash! haha that's my favorite tv series now

yeep I love Grant Gustin hahha
  • YinYin Posts: 191 ✭✭
    I am watching "Powers" recently. I have just finished 2 seasons of "Black Mirror" which i think it is very inspiring.
  • CheskaCheska Posts: 80 ✭✭
    I love walking dead!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the last two episodes of The Fall (season 2). It's a compelling story about the hunt for a serial killer. He's starting to get careless though and the tension is mounting.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Breaking bad "the best drama ever with the best cast in it
    I watched the BBC last night. I saw Celebrity Masterchef. It wasn't as bad as the ones that I saw a couple of years ago. Maybe because the contestants were celebrities (though I'd never heard of them). The judges were quite positive and encouraging, and the contestants were nice to eachother!
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,843 mod
    One of my favorite TV series finished last week and they will be on summer holiday now. (the actors)
    However, the ending was not satisfying for spectators.
    Oh that's not fair @april. When will it start again? Is it a Belgium series?

I watched Masterchef again last night. It's good but it goes on for two hours, which I think is far too long. Masterchef Australia used to be on for 30-45 minutes and was just right.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,843 mod
    Yes, it's a Belgium TV series.
    I think they will have at least two full months of summer holiday.
    so far it is "The Charles Dickens" because I am watching it with a great interest. :)
  • SunSpotSunSpot Posts: 3
    I just finished sense8 from netflix recently.. its a good show and i love it.. anyone here watch sense8 also?
    @SunSpot is it available on torrent websites? I want to download it.
    I'm not finding anything on iTorrent when I type in 'The Charles Dicken' @bubbli. Is this its proper name?
    @mheredge oh! Just find it on youtube with title "The Charles Dicken- series 04 Martin Chuzzlewit BBC TV Disc 1."
  • kazunkazun Posts: 4
    my favorites tv series are all from america.The hundred,walking dead,banshee,arrow,flash,prison break,breaking bad...etc.my favourite is sherlock holmes.it's the best series i've ever seen.i love it.
    @kazun I have watched few episodes of Sherklock Holmes. No doubt, it is a must watch TV series.
  • july191july191 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    What tv series would you recommend to watch? I also watched Sherlock Holmes episodes and I find them extremely useful, I picked up lots of expression. Does anybody can suggest watching something similar?
    If you like the classics @july191, the BBC have made several series over the years of Charles Dickens' stories and things like Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, and others which might appeal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi!
    I'm watching Gotham, Misfits and True Detective. They are very interesting.
  • rumeysakrkrumeysakrk Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I just finished Breaking Bad and OMG !! :D Hannibal, Friends, Shameless and Sherlock are my favorite tv shows :)
  • blkdtayebblkdtayeb Posts: 3
    you now guys I 've a lot off amiracan tv show with diferent categories but i think taht the bes tv show ever is th ten saison comedy named FRIENDS.who is agree with me??
  • christellechristelle Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to watch " Mentalist" and "Vikings" (with the beautiful Ragnar) ! <3 <3 <3
  • christellechristelle Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like "How I met your mother" as well. :)