Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

E-love

mortezamorteza Posts: 28 Inactive
what do you think of E-love? I mean in the virtual world. is it possible to be in love with someone there?what do you think?is it good or bad? useful or harmful? can we trust everyone there?

Comments

• nelnel Posts: 1,125 Inactive
    edited June 2015
    I think we can't trust everyone even in the real world. There are many good people in the virtual world but they can't help us always and we can't fall in love with them like the real world I think. I don't believe E-love Morteza. :)

--------------------

I don't think we can trust everyone, not even in the real world. There are many good people in the virtual world but they can't always help us, and I don't think people can fall in love like in the real world. I don't believe in E-love Morteza.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mortezamorteza Posts: 28 Inactive
    Thanks Nil. but some people find each other on the virtual world and after that keep touching in real world
    I'm nel @morteza . :)
    I agree with you. There are many people who are real friend in the virtual world.
    sorry dear @nel
    edited June 2015
    Never mind Morteza. There is a person who her name is nil here. ;)
    morteza do you believe in love at first sight?
    @bubbli, @meu, @Zom, what do you think about this discussion?
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't make any difference between the real and virtual worlds for developing friendship. A genuine bond with someone may develop over time in both worlds.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • MonikMonik Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    @morteza I think to fall in love inworld it's possible. Actually it happens. I'm not 100% sure about if it works or not. It depends on circumstances, people's personalities, culture and so on...

So you're lucky if you find a good person even more if he/she is the one!! Anyway you must to be careful because same like in real life there are bad people on the Internet.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Morteza I think now a days it is possible to find a compatible person online. Actually, technology has so much to do with our lives as we can't separate it. I have seen many stories which started virtually or if not started they flourished virtually. But on the other hand one should be cautious about choosing person virtually as you can't judge as fully on internet. In my opinion, I rarely seen relationships and friendships which are not virtually bonded these days. If dealt properly, you never know you would find a person of your life or you would be able to leave a relationship on the basis of virtual judgement. Just act wisely and don't trust everyone, take time even if it is virtual.
    thanks all.E-love can lend to real love.why not? we can know everything about each other and talk to each other in the real world too.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about your connectivity. Real and virtual worlds are media to connect with each others. Sometimes, we don't know others on virtual world but we connect very deeply and sometimes in real world we don't find out that connectivity.
    But sometimes this E-love means Expire soon, or Evaporate soon, or Extinct soon.....! :) So, be-careful as virtual world is endless levels of mysteries sometimes. ;)
    Except that I like to touch, smell, see and taste @morteza. I can't forget these senses when I go beyond friendship. ;)
    yes.touching,smelling and...are very important in a friendship.but we might sometimes like someone in a virtual world that we can not forget him or her.
    Anything prevents you for meeting them in the flesh? Would you be scared that it would spoil the image you've got of this person?
    *Anything prevents you from meeting them in the flesh? Would you be scared that it could spoil the image you've got of this person?
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    E-love. or rather i would call it "E-crush" which is a temporal feeling that can fade away by the time or be replace by another stimulant..
    true love is something you can share through all your senses
  • Fawez.css.dridiFawez.css.dridi Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I don't believe in E-love, I think it is a fake love with fake persons.
    who share the same ideas with me ?
    I disagreed with you fawez.I think we can be in love with someone in a virtual world
  • MonikMonik Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be your E - friend forever... it counts?? ☺
    ooohhh dear...thanks a lot
  • Fawez.css.dridiFawez.css.dridi Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @morteza how can you talk with someone who can not be himself, you can talk with fake persons
    e-love is not safe friend :(
    but I join it
    @Fawez.css.dridi why are you using this term "fake"?
    edited June 2015
    @monik2014 E-friend is a better term than E-love, but both count. ;)
    @Zom don't you think it is a reality that you are scared of getting the real image that is totally different from the one you have imagined?
    Zom said:

*Anything prevents you from meeting them in the flesh? Would you be scared that it could spoil the image you've got of this person?

edited June 2015
    I would get butterflies in my stomach and be excited about meeting in the flesh someone I've been in touch with over the Internet for a long time.
  • rahil11rahil11 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I have never intended for E-love yet so can't give my view on that, but I surely have some true E-friends who really care for me and I too care for them.
  • rahil11rahil11 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I understand your point of saying E-love :D , but my friend, real life gf's make life miserable so think how much problematic a virtual life gf can b ;)