Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What your sleeping position says about your health?

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
Chances are,you have a favored sleeping position a survey by sleep expert professor Chris Idzikowksi found 95% of us do and it could be affecting your body.

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

edited June 2015
    @Saira I have just seen the above interesting connection between personality type and sleeping posture.
  • rahil11rahil11 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I do take every position in sleep, because I never feel comfortable taking a single position. Sometimes I even jump from my bed to floor ;)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha @rahil11 it is not a position it is an action.
    I am the last two types, and it's kind of right :p
    edited June 2015
    I know you are very tough girl, all psychologists are @meu ;)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,139 mod
    @rahil11 when it's hot, the floor is sometimes a lot more comfortable!

I tend to sleep flat on my front. I don't know what that says about me. But at least this means I don't snore.
    Yes I am a hard nut to crack. @rahil11
    @mherdge, I wrap a wet sheet over my body every day while I prepare myself for sleep to lessen the effect of heat. It extracts heat from my body, and I feel much better then. I think our floor is much hotter than the our beds here. But if you feel comfortable sleeping on the floor, it's then good to sleep there.
    @meu, then what? ;)
    I have the same style and I have some reservation about the interpretation written on above picture. I mean "Shy" ;)
    meu said:

I am the last two types, and it's kind of right :p

I am very shy, haven't you seen me like that? ;) @bubbli
  • deedee Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I have the third style of sleeping.But I am moving a lot during the sleeping.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,967 mod
    Me too, and my husband says I do not turn softly to an other position I more or less jump.
    @meu I think I should find the updated version of Oxford dictionary where I could find some changed meanings of "shy". :)
    @dee I also change sided during my sleep especially in hot weather because of the restlessness caused by sweating.
    @Hermine LOL sympathies for your husband :D
    @bubbli yeah I think some people are shy by heart and pretend like they aren't; that's me. ;)
    @meu I am also a very shy person. Did you notice it during our meeting in Expo. :D
    Haha @bubbli you aren't shy atleast. You were very talkative and to be honest I take ages to be that much talkative with people. :D
    @meu LOLs. shhheeee don't disclose my secrets here. But, I talk less than @mheredge and I am sure the day I will meet her would be the longest day in terms of discussion, chitchat, and fun. ;)
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 787 ✭✭✭
    I keep changes my positions while i am sleeping. If it is hot i take first position as you mention on the picture, if it is cool aromatically i went to last position.
    edited June 2015
    Yesterday in a shop I found among other things a small red boxing glove fixed on a stick. It is thought for snorers. The person who gets awaiked by the sound can hit the snorer with this glove.

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,139 mod
    I wouldn't like to be sleeping anywhere near you @Hermine. I'm very grumpy if I'm woken up suddenly!
    @Marianne, are you snorring?
    I didn`t say I bought it, did I?
This discussion has been closed.