Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you have a joke?

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @moath I will share few tomorrow as a bit busy due to "Iftar".
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    Teacher: Tell me a sentence that starts with an "I".
    Student: I is the....
    Teacher: Stop! Never put 'is' after an "I". Always put 'am' after an "I".
    Student: OK. I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.
    A person who speaks two languages is bilingual...A person who speaks three languages is trilingual...A person who speaks four or more languages is multilingual.
    What is a person who speaks one language?
    An American.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this riddle looks pretty easy peasy for the English speakers. But anyway check this out :
    how ironic that there are three words that sound like two? Who knows the answer? Is it a riddle or a joke?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    The Australian immigration official asked the incoming British tourist if he had a criminal record.

"No," he replied. "I didn't know it was still required."
  • > @Dora said:
    > Shame on me... haha
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    From a cocktail recipe book:

Cocktail "Idiot": 50 ml of Henessy "Private reserve" harvested in 1965 and 150 ml of Cola
    Cocktail "Complete idiot": 250 ml of Henessy "Private reserve" harvested in 1965 and 50 ml of Cola
    The difference between a naturally born gentleman and a well-bred gentleman.

Think of a situation. A gentleman hires a room in a hotel, enters the bathroom and runs across a naked woman taking shower.
    A well-bred gentleman: "Madame, a thousand apologies..."
    A naturally-born gentleman: "Excuse me, sir. It seems I've lost my spectacles somewhere..."
    edited July 2015
    Two genlemen are standing on a bridge over the Thames. A man is drowning just under the bridge. He's yelling "help me, please, help!!! I can't swim!". A gentleman asks the other: "Can you swim, sir?", "No, sir, and you?", "So can't I. But we both don't make a scandal of it which whole London can hear!"

----------------------

Two gentlemen are standing on a bridge over the Thames. A man is drowning just under the bridge, yelling "Help me, please, help!!! I can't swim!".

One gentleman asks the other: "Can you swim, sir?", "No, sir, and you?", "Neither can I, but at least we don't make a scandal of it which the whole of London can hear!"
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    @Practical_Severard
    good jokes!
    i like them ;)
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Jesus and Satan were having an ongoing argument about who was better on his computer. They had been going at it for days, and God was tired of hearing all of the bickering.

Finally God said, "Cool it. I am going to set up a test that will run two hours and I will judge who does the better job."

So Satan and Jesus sat down at the keyboards and typed away. They moused. They did spreadsheets. They wrote reports. They sent faxes. They sent e-mail. They sent out e-mail with attachments. They downloaded. They did some genealogy reports. They made cards. They did every known job. But ten minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, the rain poured and, of course, the electricity went off.

Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld. Jesus just sighed. The electricity finally flickered back on and each of them restarted their computers.

Satan started searching frantically, screaming "It's gone! It's all gone! I lost everything when the power went out!"

Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours. Satan observed this and became irate.

"Wait! He cheated, how did he do it?"

God shrugged and said, "Jesus saves."
    @Roman
    hehe i like the idea of this joke,it is funny..
    umm, but you know i'm a muslim and God is very great and holy so can't be in any jokes, and Jesus is a very important prophet in my religion so we respect him a lot that we wouldn't prefer to put him in any joke too..
    i hope that wouldn't change your mood about me, i'm glad to read more of your jokes
    thanx for understanding :)
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry @moath that you can't enjoy this tender joke without guilt.
    thank you for your understanding @Roman :)
  • thaihoa2212thaihoa2212 Posts: 4
    edited August 2015
    An English visitor tells a funny story to students of shool where he visits. It is a quite long story. However, the interprete translates it in no more than one minutes, and all students laugh crazily. The English visitor is so surprise and asks the interpreter how he can translate what he tell in a very short time. The interpreter answers: "I just say: "our honorable guest have just told us a funny story, please laugh!"
    @bubbli, "English is difficult" ha ha ha Excellent, :)
    This is a masterpiece..

Boss: So tell me young man, on which occasions have you realised that you are important in the Company and company cannot function without you???

Employee : "Sir, whenever I asked for leave"!! :)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @madhug good one! :)
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭
    There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed a desire to become a "great" writer.
    When asked to define "great" he said "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, wail, howl in pain, desperation, and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft writing error messages.
    @bubbli
    good one i like it :D
    @madhug
    simple and funny, one of my favorites :D
    @Dora
    i like yours the most, very funny :D :D
    keep going guys, i want more of your goodies ;)
    @moath, Thanks..! I will send another best joke here it is...!
    Smart answer by a female...

On a flight, a guy asked a beautiful lady sitting next to him...

'Nice perfume.....which one is it?...
    I want to gift it to my wife..!!'

Lady
    'Don't give her....some idiot will find an excuse to talk to her..!!'
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭
    Where's yours joke @Moath? Don't you have any jokes?
    edited August 2015
    Mother to Son:
    Who is Tippu Sultan ?
    Son : Don't know
    Mother : Sometime give attention to study also
    Son to Mother : Do you know Chinky Aunty ?
    Mother : Don't know
    Son: Sometimes give attention to Dad also
    @madhug
    good jokes! :D :D :D
    edited August 2015
    @Dora
    aren't my riddles enough for you?!

one of my jokes :D :D :|