Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

In which time period do you belong?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,635 mod
http://teacherprobs.com/which-time-period-do-you-belong-in/

I belong in Medieval Ireland (400–1400 AD):-

You value tradition, family, and honor. You are strong and resilient, and you believe in doing what's right. There is a softness inside of you, but you reveal that only to those closest to you. Hard work and equality are essential to you, and you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
Tagged:

Comments

• DoraDora Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭
    I belong in Revolutionary America (1765–1783 AD):-

You are strong, scrappy, and brave. When you set a goal, you're willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it. You believe in goodness and equality, and you're willing to suffer today to make tomorrow better. You value tradition, but you're eager to try and do new things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    You belong in the Victorian era (1837–1901 AD). Proper and poised, you are full of grace, charm, and beauty. You appreciate the finer things in life, and you value high morals. Some might think you're a snob - but you can't help it if you have class! When the setting is right, you like to loosen your corset and have a good time, but that's your little secret.
    :neutral:
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am from Victorian era, I am sure I was Queen victoria :D
  • NoeTresNoeTres Posts: 36 ✭✭
    You belong in Ancient Rome (753 BC–476 AD). Powerful, confident, and bursting with passion, you are a force to be reckoned with! You value cleanliness and order, and you know how to get a job done. You strive for excellence, and you're always looking for ways to improve yourself. You might be hard-working and serious, but boy, do you know how to throw a party.

The party part was my favourite. LOL
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,470 mod
    How funny! I've just recently spent a few weeks there too. It appears that I belong in Feudal Japan (1185–1573 AD). Nothing matters more than pride, honour, and refinery. I'm elegant, graceful, and a lover of nature, value the arts, but a fighter too. History and tradition matter greatly and I hold tight to the past. Gentle and cautious, but strong and resilient.

• ibrahimibrahim Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Victorian England You belong in the Victorian era (1837–1901 AD). Proper and poised, you are full of grace, charm, and beauty. You appreciate the finer things in life, and you value high morals. Some might think you're a snob - but you can't help it if you have class! When the setting is right, you like to loosen your corset and have a good time, but that's your little secret
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW! I like this quiz.
    My result is close to my heart. :)

Ancient Rome <3
    You belong in Ancient Rome (753 BC–476 AD). Powerful, confident, and bursting with passion, you are a force to be reckoned with! You value cleanliness and order, and you know how to get a job done. You strive for excellence, and you're always looking for ways to improve yourself. You might be hard-working and serious, but boy, do you know how to throw a party.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,470 mod
    Invite me to your party @bubbli! I think the Romans knew how to throw excellent parties.

I think every age (though perhaps not the Dark Ages in Britain) had good points. Bad points too.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge I will once I will be in Rome.

@homanmih What say you? :)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm revolutionary America