Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In lands I never saw -- they say
Immortal Alps look down --
Whose bonnets touch the firmament --
Whose sandals touch the town --

Meek at whose everlasting feet
A myriad daisy play --
Which, Sir, are you and which am I
Upon an August day?

Emily Dickinson
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Is there a way to learn english faster?

12345679»

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    @KA1
    If possible, try picking up words and phrases from netive English speakers. You can learn native ways of phrasing what you want to say. Sometimes it's better than composing English sentences by yourself.
  • KazimaliKazimali Posts: 1
    Hi, glad to have such a nourishing forum. I am a student from Pakistan. I am seeking every effort for english speaking enhancement. As it is required term for our education. I need anyone who could speak with me in skype. The one should also have to judge my grammer and mistakes as well. I will be very thankful
  • naief8788naief8788 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    > @Bubbly said:
    > practice practice and practice. :)
    this is the key only
  • setya_daysetya_day Posts: 12 ✭✭
    > @husna94 said:
    > Hallo everyone, I and the other new member need help from you. As we know, we are the beginner english learner got some problem to understand this language, like can't understand when we watch a conversation of movie or some video, confused what their said on the video, defficulity when we want to speak, fear of being wrong in the use of the verb. Do you have a special trick, to cope with such things?
    > Thanks Before. Sory my english not good :)

I think it is my problem too, I still didn't know what should I do.
  • 06851987730685198773 Posts: 42 Inactive
    right things do slowly
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,050 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Determination and regular practice can make a lot of difference.
    naief8788 said:

> @Bubbly said:

> practice practice and practice. :)

this is the key only

• loli2017loli2017 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    speak english as much as you can so it will be fresh in your mind and you dont forget the vocab and be confident.
  • mausermauser Posts: 23 ✭✭
    We should think about the way we learnt our native language, it was a mixture of sounds associated to symbols and objects, songs, repetition, and so on... So in my opinion to simplify the process of learning as much as we can could be a good way to better introduce ourselves in a language
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    @mauser @loli2017

It's taken me, and it's still taking me so long to really feel that I've mastered English. I still don't feel that I'm qualified to say that I can really speak English. But here's what I think we can do to improve our speaking skills of English.

Take a walk in the town, or go into a grocery store. Imagine that you're taking someone from English speaking country. He doesn't know much about your country. Next, as you stroll around, imagine that your imaginary foreign friend asks you about what he sees. He keeps asking you questions, even about things that are too obvious to you. Now, try to explain them in English. You'll realize how many very essential words you're lacking. This way you can learn new words.

I've met with a couple from France a few days ago. I had to walk around the meeting place before I actually met them because I didn't know if they might be interested in what was around the meeting place. By doing this preparation, I've learned what these fish were called in English: mackerel. Words that you remember like this, I bet you won't forget easily.

@kindgnice @mheredge
    What do you think?
  • halilertknhalilertkn Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Practical and discipline.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    to learn any language we have to use natural method like children.
    during their first years children just listen to their parents,then they start to pronounce words after few years they can start to make simple sentence.
    I think we have to follow these steps one per one .
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,533 mod
    This is a very interesting TED talk about learning languages faster. I'm going to have to take note!

• ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    speak,speak and speak
  • nuurussubchiynuurussubchiy Posts: 248 ✭✭
    sell your soul to satan
  • nuurussubchiynuurussubchiy Posts: 248 ✭✭
    ok that's a joke.. totally just a joke. don't do it
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 86 ✭✭
    > @mouna said:
    > to learn any language we have to use natural method like children.
    > during their first years children just listen to their parents,then they start to pronounce words after few years they can start to make simple sentence.
    > I think we have to follow these steps one per one .
    >

This makes sense @mouna
  • jsmithjsmith Posts: 3
    Hi, there is no short cut to learn anything. Practice is the only way you should do to improve your learning skills. For this you can join english classes. There are many online sources who provide english learning courses. They work on your english skills and help you to improve your english language skill.

Try to communicate in English with your friends and relatives so that you can get confidence to speak in english. After some time, you will start to speak in English only. Read and watch english newspapers, movies/news channels. That will really help you to improve your language skills.

https://www.dailystep.com/