Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Is there a way to learn english faster?

Comments

• kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod
    Wow! I'd like to know what is the title of that book? It sounds interesting! :) @amnass
  • amnassamnass Posts: 6
    @kindgnice the title of the book is The Other Side of The Coin. Written by Malaysian author, Ameer Misran and Aiman Azlan. It is indeed a very good book to read ^_^
    edited March 2016
    Thanks @amnass. I will surely search for this book. Thanks for sharing. ;)
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @amnass whenever you read a book, try to guess the meaning of a word without looking into the dictionary first. It will help you to memorize words easily.
    edited March 2016
    I think we can also relate it to context clues. ;) @amnass @Bubbly
  • amnassamnass Posts: 6
    @Bubbly @kindgnice yes thats right and after that write it down in your notebook with the right meaning
    @amnass: Thanks buddy for reminding me to write down new words I encounter. Because I've been very busy these past few days, and I should not forget to jot down those words especially those at first glance. :)
    @amnass Reading helps a lot in learning different expressions. I usually highlight or underline different words that I feel interesting. I try to use them in my daily life conversation.
  • AhmadsaAhmadsa Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot, @goo.gl/tfeKBm
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy and fast to learn English by practicing every day and every time. Also by changing the language you're using during reasoning/thinking (switch to English) It will help to learn fast.
    Thanks
    We can't stop learning Peace to you
    @peaceculture2 don't you think that we are doing it regularly through our sessions? :)
    Yeah! we are doing that on our sessions, It's awesome and Super Strategy @Bubbly

@peaceculture2 don't let the super strategy die. ;)
    exactly I will try on my level best to maintain it, @Bubbly
    @peaceculture2 and I know that you will successfully do it.
    Absolutely @Bubbly
  • NedainlearningNedainlearning Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hi friends. I am very beginner in learning English. I think practicing every day helps going faster in English. And I think also being in English-language country is the best way to improve English.
    @Nedainlearning agreed! but it depends on which aspect of English you are practising more. Some people practice writing, others focus on listening and speaking etc. So, it is important to keep a balance among all these aspects.
    Hi friends. I am very beginner in learning English. I think practicing every day helps going faster in English. And I think also being in English-language country is the best way to improve English.

Yes @Nedainlearning. Being active in different sections will also help you learn new cultures from different nationalities. :)
  • NedainlearningNedainlearning Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hi. Of course @kindgnice
    @gomaa Some good stuff for learning English. At least we can follow some of these steps, if not all of them. :)

http://www.wikihow.com/Learn-English-Faster
    Watching movies give you the edge of learning new words that foreign native speakers use. ;)
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly I can't do all steps so hard to me all my thinking to do one thing
    gomaa said:

@Bubbly I can't do all steps so hard to me all my thinking to do one thing

We know you can do it my friend! @gomaa ;)
    @gomaa but still some steps are fine to be done. :)
  • icha_15icha_15 Posts: 127 ✭✭
    I have ever read the tips to learn English. Actually it depends of our goals. I mean here if you want to fluent in speak you must be listening more and if you want to write well you need to read more. Doing the input will influence the output. But I believe mastering in English has 4 major part are reading, listening, speaking and writing, that those are interconnected one another.
  • KhaliedKhalied EgyptPosts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbly @kindgnice I need more time to practice all steps
    Read short stories and listening to music and speak with friends that's enough to me
    gomaa said:

@Bubbly @kindgnice I need more time to practice all steps
    Read short stories and listening to music and speak with friends that's enough to me

I hope you will have more time to do these things because I know you are preparing for your upcoming wedding, am I right? :) @gomaa
    @icha_15 100% agreed with you. We need to set some objectives before we learn a language and we also need to pay attention to different aspects of it.
  • thonguyenthonguyen Posts: 1
    you can do as my way , creat a blog to remember and help everyone learning too : voa4you.com