Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Is there a way to learn english faster?

Comments

• chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭
    How can we walk in English @bubbli ? :)
  • Bilal.Bilal. Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Hi, I have been learning English for almost 7 years. And still make mistakes, lots of mistakes and what i realized, that there isn't such a way to learn it faster. Basically, It depends on a person's learning abilities. Some may have faster learning skills than you and some have slower. But that doesn't mean you'll not be able to learn it. All we need to do i
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember one word with each step. ;) @chyijung
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Here is one example of a mini story in English for a rapid English learning :smile:
    Don't forget to put the video at the beginning...

• Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    [quote="husna94;2234"]
    Thanks Before. Sory my english not good :)[/quote]
    Hi @husna94 , you have not to be sorry. That's why you, me and all of us are here to learn or improve our English. I guess the best way to learn and improve fast is doing almost all your activities in English, try to speak and create your own sentences with your family at work with friends. Read English stories, newspapers, different articles in English. For listening, watch movies programs all these will help you learn. Just don't stress yourself and quit easily you should convince your self that you'll do this for ever. At the beginning you'll find a lot of new words it will be difficult but after quite time you'll find that you achieved a lot. Good luck for all of us

-------------------------

[quote]Thanks in advance. Sorry, my English is not good.[/quote]

Hi Husna,

There's no need to be sorry. That's why you, me and all of us are here; to learn or improve our English. I guess the best way to learn and improve quickly is by doing almost all your activities in English. Try to speak and create your own sentences with your family, at work, and with friends. Read English stories, newspapers, different articles in English. For listening, watch movies, and TV programs. All these things will help you to learn. Just don't get stressed out, or quit easily. You need to understand that you'll be doing this forever. At the beginning, you'll find a lot of new words and concepts, and it will be difficult, but after a while you'll find that you've achieved a lot. Good luck to all of us.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • MonikMonik Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭
    @Just-Learn well said :)
    @monik2014 Thank you & nice to meet you :)
    @lynne I'm really happy to hear from you and I appreciate the correction bonus :) nice to meet you
    One way or another, but learning fast has only rule and that is “Do it or practice it on daily basis without any break.”
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    In my opinion the best and faster way to learn english is have fun!
    Why don't you start watching english youtubers? Maybe you can read english books? Or you can visit wattpad and looking for english fanfics/stories. And, of course, listen a lot of english music.
    Enjoy!
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,497 mod
    You can never get better at anything unless you are willing to practice it, and it is exactly the same when it comes to languages. Even in your native language, there are always going to be various words and phrases that you don't understand and are yet to learn, so your language is always developing. Try to speak English as much as you can, and this should help you to learn it more quickly.
    @BeatrizAbrantes in a way I agree with you. Fun based learning is long lasting and helps us to flourish more because there are no cognitive bariers in it.
  • loeayloeay Posts: 3
    Every language ,it seemed difficult in the start, but u should organise u're time, in order to get a chance to learn easily and develop your level.
    @loeay Right. We need to start from the basic level initially and then raise the difficulty level. :)
  • Ha_laHa_la Posts: 58 ✭✭
    When i read a topic or story or something i meet more new words, but i dont know how to learn it?, if it has five or ten words, its quite nomal, but i dont have more lexicon, so i find too more words i don`t know.
    Can you share me your experiment, please?
    @Ha_la you don't need to remember every new word. Just focus on few and add them in your daily conversation.
    @Ha_la one of the things that I do is try to learn a couple of new words each day, and understand how they are used in the language. You don't need to know everything, and you can update your vocabulary as and when new words become apparent to you. Over time, you will know everything that you need to know. Language never stays still; you will most likely always be learning new things.
    Nice to meet you @GemmaRowlands

Thanks for your help, I think i found a way for me, I will learn one, two or three new words every day and a sentence use them. Maybe I will start with 2000 popular words.
    It's nice to meet you, too, @Ha_la and 2,000 popular words does sound like a great place to start. You should find that you're able to build up your vocabulary nicely by doing this. You should talk to people, and simply look up any words that you're unsure about. This would help a lot.
    that`s a great idea. But to talk with people, it is not easy for me, I feel i don`t be confident. I got real member last night, maybe i will join skype next week. I hope i will see you.
  • peanutcd2005peanutcd2005 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I have learn English for many years. it's the most difficulty for to speak in English. This year, I travelled in Thailand with my wife. We lived in a small family hotel and met three brothers. I tried to communicate in English with them during the time and felt the happyness for really using English. So I tried to find a better way to improve my English after I went back home. I really hoep the forum can help me.
    @peanutcd2005 nice to know that you have tried to use this language during your travelling. You need to be regular on this forum if you want to learn English fast.
  • MeihuaMeihua Posts: 26 ✭✭
    An old saying goes " Practice makes perfect"
    @Meihua I follow it that is why I feel improvement in my English. :)
  • harrybirthdayharrybirthday Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I would most like to learn English faster too. But, I think that there is only more and smarter study to achieve the goal faster.
  • MeihuaMeihua Posts: 26 ✭✭
    @ Bubbly, hope we can reach our goal in the future
    @Meihua exactly and for that we need to be determined and regular on the forum. :)
    @harrybirthday don't be in hurry otherwise you will burn out. Keep your pace a bit slow, learn on daily basis not rigorously and enjoy.
  • sanaasanaa Posts: 6
    hi all i want to learn english language fast
  • sanaasanaa Posts: 6
    i need i will understand someone speaking english