Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Reading

shireenshireen Posts: 20 ✭✭
My hobby is reading books.Whenever i am free i love to read.Just recently i finished reading a book named Mother Love.The book is actually about assisted suicide.The author also describes the institute which is in Switzerland named Dignitas where the doctors actually help patients in their peaceful death.

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Books reading is my passion. I am reading a passage to India by E.M. Forester and it is an informative book about the culture of India.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,100 mod
    I read A Passage to India at school for my A'Level. The more times I read it, the more I got out of it. There are many very interesting insights into imperialism, relationships and it's a great classic @bubbli. Have you seen the movie? It's also very good, but no way as good as the book.
    No I didn't watch the movie. I am enjoying the book and can relate few things with my own culture.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    Sorry,I am not a person who read books a lot,but I like to take information via Internet .
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Reading books is a very interesting hobby. You can read foreign books from different countries to know their culture and traditions.Also reading in every field makes the person able to understand many things of life and enriches the brain with knowledge.We should read like it's a usual thing we do everyday because no one can improve oneself without reading a lot.
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Some books are takes months to complete. For instance read Sherlock Ohms books, i am not able to understand easily. I have seen a movie about SHERLOCK HOLMES, it's really interesting, i understand easily.

I am really enjoying watching documentary movies, with in two hours you can understand everything.
  • JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I like reading and sometimes when I'm watch a movie made by the same story it may make me disappointed .My fantasy that I had got by reading is killed.
    @Jandark I enjoy both movie and novel. But usually, I like to read novel/book first then watch movie based on it.
    Reading is good habit to improving your understand skills.

I want to improve my understanding skills. sometimes i get bored reading books

How do i get rid of boredom while reading books?
    @madhug First identify your area of interests and then buy a book. If you want to develop your reading habit. Start it first from a simple and small book.
    @babbli: I am very much interested to read comedy and film star kind of books. I have completed so many. If i go any book stall first i could pick up that one only.

I want to read documentary books.
  • CheskaCheska Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Whenever I tried to read I always feel sleepy but I'm trying my best not to fall asleep and finish what I'm reading because I know it to myself that reading is very important,and I also tried to look for interesting books for me but still not working unless I'm on a rush and I need to read it right away but mostly my mind is floating and just reading it without understanding, so can you guy's give me some tips on how can I boost my interest in terms of reading?
    @madhug what kind of film star books? Documentary movies are worth to watch then books.
    @Cheska there must be two issues. One your reading time is not good and second you are not reading the stuff of your interest.
    In my personal opinion, you should identify first your area of interests and then find out some simple books instead of heavy and abstract ones. Second read a book when you feel you wanna read. Don't read it by force! If you feel sleepy, change your reading time and hopefully it will make a difference. :)
    Yes thanks! @bubbli I think I should pick some books that I can relate and easy to understand.
  • AmeliaAmelia Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Reading is my passion as well. I read on in everywhere. For instance, I read on my way to and from work and college since I travel for long hours. I concur some aspects of what you guys mentioned about getting bored what you are not interested. @Cheska, I agree with what @bubble stated above. Keep exploring easy and short stories so, you may get interesting. Best of luck!
    I will thank you! @Amelia
  • shashashasha Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I would like to read English novel. Anybody can suggest me a novel to read?
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,887 mod
    I love reading books, and I try to read every time I get the chance. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen very often because I work long hours, however at the weekend I sometimes get a few hours in the afternoon to sit and read a book. I like to do that, as it can stop you from thinking about the negative parts of your life.
    @shasha first tell me what kind of novels do you like, fiction or non-fiction?
  • shashashasha Posts: 51 ✭✭
    @bubbli fiction novels...
    @shasha any favourite novel that you want to share with us. :)
  • hieuln1991hieuln1991 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I really like to read but I don't have enough time for them.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,100 mod
    I'm reading a Steven King collection of stories called Hope Springs Eternal which I'm enjoying. He's a very good writer and tells a very good story. Many of his books have been made into films. I'm reading Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption which was made into a good movie.
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    police novels were my favourite as a kid
    unfortunately my studies have kept me away from reading novels
    @Sasha why not Game of thrones
  • Reading is the food of mind. I like reading and usually enjoy it.
  • hngan244hngan244 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Sometimes, I spend my leisure time of books. Detective novels are my favorite ones. I've read several novels written by Agatha Christie. It looks like myself is the character of each story and follow sentence by sentence in the book to find out who is the killer. I even can't stop myself reading until the truth is announced. At the end of each story, I rearrange pieces of given theories and understand the whole story. These stories give me a chance to challenge myself by the exciting way (in my opinion)