Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Word game discussion

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,639 mod
If you have a question about any of the word games, please ask here, not in the game itself.

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes yes.
    Please change the format of word association and make it more directional.
    Please allow repeated words in change a letter game as every time we make it with a different word.
    Please don't keep the options of disagree or off topic or vote down in word games because these are just games.:)
    Please introduce more word games if possible as its quickest way to learn and fun.:)
    Suggestions please
    Please start 5 letters and 6
    letters games simultaneously, if possible.
    Please allow more than 3or4 words in make a story section.
    Please start a precise writing game, I have seen somewhere. I will share with you.
    Please introduce fill in the blanks game.
    @Lynne tired!:)
  • ManLearnerManLearner Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne I think there should be a game, in which someone should add and remove one letter consecutively. For example if game starts with 5 letter, then next player has to shuffle the letters and add one to make a 6 letters word. Similarly the next player should remove one letter to make a new 5 letters word and so on.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,239 mod
    What a lot of suggestions! Thank folks! I will chat with Lynne and see what we can do. I'm seeing her next week. Very excited! B)
    @amatsuscribbler LOL but hopefully you will take off these sunglasses during discussion.
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my suggestions for some new word games, @amatsuscribbler :

Make a new word: the last letter of the previous word is the beginning letter of the next one. For example: flower --> rice --> elephant

Make a new word: the first letter of the previous word is the last letter of the next one.
    For example: flower--> beef --> lamb

Hide the animal in the sentence: If I'd like to hide a CAT, I can write a sentence: Tedy gave an arnica to me. --> Tedy gave an arniCA To me.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,452 mod
    Please keep also this same game for me, I don't think I could follow new changes :) .
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @april. We can add some new games and preserve the old games :)
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,452 mod
    Thank you, @Tinka.
    Have mercy on me.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,742 mod
    Can you remember our masterpiece at the Yuku Forum where we played the game of opposites. ><?
    Yes @hermine! It went on for ages didn't it!
    edited May 2015
    @bubbli , @ManLearner , @april , @Tinka , @Hermine
    Hi all. Lynne and I discussed all your wonderful suggestions. Sadly, we are only going to be able to do a couple. We are spread thin and some of them would take a lot of time to monitor.
    So, We'll start a 'Word Snake' game; next word beginning with the last letter of the previous word. We'll also alternate 'Change the letter'; 5 letters/6letters/maybe a mix of both! but not separate.
    @bubbli in particular, do you want to send me the link for the game you mentioned?
    We are keeping 4 words for the story game as the whole idea is to be flexible and involve beginners.
    If you are in G+ - there are quite a few polls for filling in the blanks.

Any more suggestions please do send them. All ideas gratefully received even if they are not always implemented!
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @amatsuscribbler Thank you very much. I follow that polls for filling in the blanks on G+ whenever I get time. I will find out those websites and send you the links as I have visited them few months back so forgot the web names.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one good game
    It's called "a duel of wits"
    First, I ask the question according to one of the proposed topics.
    And I give four possible answers also. If you choose the correct version in this case you have got the right to put your wise question plus four your possible options answers . And so on
    Possible topics : History, Human body, world Literature, Geography, Movies and TV, Russia, US, Britain, English language, common questions.
    What do you think about it?
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I know one interesting game,that's "word relatives" .In this game we just guess one word related other word.For example If I say computer, you can say mouse or keyboard or cpu or monitor or hard disk or hardware whatever but related to that specific word. what do you think about it guys?
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭
    @Just-Learn what about giving one word and make sentence on it. and then make paragraph on it and then make essay on it.
    edited October 2015
    @Just-Learn we have to take one sentence with subject,verb,object.And then convert the sentence into all tenses and questioning form, direct and indirect speech and then finally
    convert in voices. how is it? is it old too?
    It sounds great! @Rajasekharreddy
    We did have a go at something similar @Rajasekharreddy but it wasn't very successful. I will see what Lynne says.
  • OlegOleg Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Any other games topics planned in the game section?
This discussion has been closed.