Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 48

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler TeacherPosts: 2,139 mod
joke
slipper
caterpillar

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,139 mod
    The joke was on me as I put on my slipper only to feel something squidgy inside which turned out to be a caterpillar!
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,986 mod
    edited April 2015
    It was april 1 when I was asking jokingly my child if was that a caterpillar on your slipper.

-------------

It was April 1st, and I asked my child, jokingly, if was that a caterpillar on her slipper.
    or
    It was April 1st, and I jokingly asked my child, "Is that a caterpillar on your slipper?"
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mrabrar09mrabrar09 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    When I wore caterpillar style slipper my sister make joke on me.

----------------

When I wore my caterpillar style slippers my sister played a joke on me.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • ManLearnerManLearner Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Little child was smashing caterpillars with his slipper, for him it was a joke with little creature.

----------------

The little child was smashing caterpillars with his slipper, for him it was a joke.

(Not for the little caterpillars.)
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • kit-katkit-kat Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    It was a joke for everyone, when I was screaming about a caterpillar which I saw on my slipper.

----------------------

It was a joke to everyone, as I was screaming about a caterpillar on my slipper.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,698 mod
    "You must be joking!, exclaimed Alice to the blue caterpillar who was wearing slippers and was smoking a hookah.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Ella made my birthday party funny by wearing a caterpillar costume with matching slippers and presented me a book of jokes.

-----------------

Ella made my birthday party fun by wearing a caterpillar costume with matching slippers, and presented me with a book of jokes.
    or
    Ella made my birthday party fun by wearing a caterpillar costume with matching slippers, and gave me a book of jokes.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,069 mod
    edited April 2015
    I <3 those slippers!

The children were ready for bed and wearing their slippers, and I stopped them from playing a joke on me by reading them the story of the hungry caterpillar.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne ThAnK yOu!
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,986 mod
    I thought it was a joke, when they told me the young man in his slippers ate the caterpillar in two bites.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He cracked a joke by asking, "How many slippers does a caterpillar need?"
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She thought it was a joke when I told her my slippers' brand name, which was Caterpillar Inc.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    This is a joke

A lonely man bought himself a caterpillar as a pet
    One day he asked the caterpillar " Do you want to come out for a walk?"
    The caterpillar didn't answer hiding in its home
    "Do you want to come out for a walk mate?!" the man asked again
    Still, there were no response from the caterpillar
    The man got irritated and shouted "Are you coming out for a walk!?"
    The caterpillar poked its head out and shouted "I'm putting on my slipper! calm down!"
    -----------
    @chyijung - I love your joke! However, the object of this game is to get the 3 words into ONE sentence, which is a lot harder!
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    Some fairy stories seem to be joking, like the caterpillars making slippers from their own silk.
  • komikomi Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Do you realy think I am a joke wearing my caterpillar slippers on my way to work? :)
    ---------------------
    Do you reaLly think I am a joke wearing my caterpillar slippers on my way to work?
    The blue caterpillar joked about Alice's slippers that were now way to big for her.
    My slippers are actually flip flops and the joke is, that when I wear them, it feels as if I have caterpillars between my toes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    The caterpillar waits until he transforms into the butterfly then buy himself slippers. A lot cheaper that way. Isn't this even a joke? :D
    --------------------
    @abricot - You need to keep the 3 words in one sentence:
    The caterpillar waitED until he transformED into A butterfly TO buy himself SOME slippers WHICH WAS A lot cheaper AND SO IT WASN'T A joke.
This discussion has been closed.