Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for 2 weeks, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Lets be optimist

HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
o:)

Comments

• HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    @meu @bubbli @nel @nil
    I think this can be an awesome topic to discuss. please tag your friends if you find it interesting. the first question:
    Are you an optimist one? if yes, to what extends?
  • exmemberexmember Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hasti I think I am not a pure optimistic because I think about negative aspects and consequences before positive ones.
    My friends say that I am negative towards myself but I am very positive towards others. I like to build people's morale high and seriously I can't take negativity around me unless it is my own
    :D
    edited April 2015
    Also, as you know being muslim we always have our hopes and faith in Allah. So maybe it takes a little bit of time but at the end we put our faith in Him. Personally, If I face any failure it takes 2 3 days to come back on track.
    :D
    Moreover, I always have faith that whatever happens, happens for the best. If I switch off my mind, my heart would say "you are indeed an optimistic girl"
    @meu based on your comments I guess you are rather realist than pessimist ( as mentioned in your first comment). Having faith to God is a great procedure. When we believe that anything that happens has its own reason ( which finally is beneficial for u), we can easily accept our failure and come back to track ASAP.
    @meu I believe that there is a narrow border between being optimist and being stupid! Sometimes we are optimist towards impossible things! E.g. we have hope we will be honored a scholarship without being eligible for that, without trying to make our CV stronger, Without studying as much as possible to have higher GPA. This is stupidity.
    @Hasti I am facing that :D
    I am eligible and hopes but still at the back of my mind I have this thought that many people from whole big world are trying for this. So I keep a balance.
    And you are right being optimist should be in premises of reality.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I believe hope is the other name of life and it is basically life force that keep you in the main stream. I am optimistic and I learned it the hard way. But after experiencing it I feel more satisfied and happy. So try it once!:)
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    The world is beautiful my friends. :)
    @nel Really! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    I used to be very pessimist that with the smallest failures I used to give up. Also I was really afraid of future that I couldn't enjoy the moment. But then I started to change myself. I'm an optimist person now. Hopeful to life and future. You're right @Hasti. Being hopeful without trying hard is stupidity. Hope won't bring you success. Hope will motivate you for success.
    @Hasti stupidity is the the delusion of pessimism. :)
    edited April 2015
    @meu Really? I passed this level. Wish you luck dear friend.
    @bubbli I really enjoy when I have contact with positive people. I believe that the more optimist friend you have, the more positive energy you will absorb.
    @nel Yep it is :) though without trying and putting effort it is not
    @nil I am really happy for you as you are an optimist now nel. I am an optimist person but some times I pass the mentioned narrow border between stupidity and being optimist. I am trying to be more cautious and know my self properly...
    Thank you @Hasti, I need your prayers!
    @Hasti Its all about you not about others. Rumi says "Change yourself and there is a change."
    So first wear the glasses of positivity and see the world through it.:)
    @bubbli That's completely true but I remember a quote from some one I don't remember that you are the average of 5 people close to you. I prefer to be in touch with hard working, optimist and hopeful people.
    @meu I wish the moment that you realize you are honored a scholarship from any university in any country you have applied for :D one awesome moment
    @Hasti Haha this is by far the most accurate wish I got. :D
    Have you already got that moment?
    edited April 2015
    It's always beautiful even we have many problems. We just have to open our eyes to see them.
    Yes really @bubbli . :)
    @meu I am trying for that beautiful moment, though thanks GOD I have been privileged other opportunities to try for that moment again. I am now stronger than before to fight for it :D
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,502 mod
    I think I've mentioned it a few times, but I think you should never stop dreaming and with that, comes being optimistic. I believe things always work out in the end, but this seems to work better when you think positively.
    @mheredge I agree with you. Without dreaming we wont have a goal; without a goal we wont have motivation; without motivation we wont try...and without trying definitely we wont be successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    How can you help somebody to be optimist? To be happy and not to think about negative things and past?
    @nil The best way that we can help ourselves and also the others is to write ( or tell them to write) all the positive things we currently have in our life on a piece of paper. To cherish our capabilities...even to cherish our failure which have made us stronger and more experienced.