Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Lets be optimist

HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
o:)

Comments

• HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    @meu @bubbli @nel @nil
    I think this can be an awesome topic to discuss. please tag your friends if you find it interesting. the first question:
    Are you an optimist one? if yes, to what extends?
  • exmemberexmember Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hasti I think I am not a pure optimistic because I think about negative aspects and consequences before positive ones.
    My friends say that I am negative towards myself but I am very positive towards others. I like to build people's morale high and seriously I can't take negativity around me unless it is my own
    :D
    edited April 2015
    Also, as you know being muslim we always have our hopes and faith in Allah. So maybe it takes a little bit of time but at the end we put our faith in Him. Personally, If I face any failure it takes 2 3 days to come back on track.
    :D
    Moreover, I always have faith that whatever happens, happens for the best. If I switch off my mind, my heart would say "you are indeed an optimistic girl"
    @meu based on your comments I guess you are rather realist than pessimist ( as mentioned in your first comment). Having faith to God is a great procedure. When we believe that anything that happens has its own reason ( which finally is beneficial for u), we can easily accept our failure and come back to track ASAP.
    @meu I believe that there is a narrow border between being optimist and being stupid! Sometimes we are optimist towards impossible things! E.g. we have hope we will be honored a scholarship without being eligible for that, without trying to make our CV stronger, Without studying as much as possible to have higher GPA. This is stupidity.
    @Hasti I am facing that :D
    I am eligible and hopes but still at the back of my mind I have this thought that many people from whole big world are trying for this. So I keep a balance.
    And you are right being optimist should be in premises of reality.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I believe hope is the other name of life and it is basically life force that keep you in the main stream. I am optimistic and I learned it the hard way. But after experiencing it I feel more satisfied and happy. So try it once!:)
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    The world is beautiful my friends. :)
    @nel Really! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    I used to be very pessimist that with the smallest failures I used to give up. Also I was really afraid of future that I couldn't enjoy the moment. But then I started to change myself. I'm an optimist person now. Hopeful to life and future. You're right @Hasti. Being hopeful without trying hard is stupidity. Hope won't bring you success. Hope will motivate you for success.
    @Hasti stupidity is the the delusion of pessimism. :)
    edited April 2015
    @meu Really? I passed this level. Wish you luck dear friend.
    @bubbli I really enjoy when I have contact with positive people. I believe that the more optimist friend you have, the more positive energy you will absorb.
    @nel Yep it is :) though without trying and putting effort it is not
    @nil I am really happy for you as you are an optimist now nel. I am an optimist person but some times I pass the mentioned narrow border between stupidity and being optimist. I am trying to be more cautious and know my self properly...
    Thank you @Hasti, I need your prayers!
    @Hasti Its all about you not about others. Rumi says "Change yourself and there is a change."
    So first wear the glasses of positivity and see the world through it.:)
    @bubbli That's completely true but I remember a quote from some one I don't remember that you are the average of 5 people close to you. I prefer to be in touch with hard working, optimist and hopeful people.
    @meu I wish the moment that you realize you are honored a scholarship from any university in any country you have applied for :D one awesome moment
    @Hasti Haha this is by far the most accurate wish I got. :D
    Have you already got that moment?
    edited April 2015
    It's always beautiful even we have many problems. We just have to open our eyes to see them.
    Yes really @bubbli . :)
    @meu I am trying for that beautiful moment, though thanks GOD I have been privileged other opportunities to try for that moment again. I am now stronger than before to fight for it :D
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,453 mod
    I think I've mentioned it a few times, but I think you should never stop dreaming and with that, comes being optimistic. I believe things always work out in the end, but this seems to work better when you think positively.
    @mheredge I agree with you. Without dreaming we wont have a goal; without a goal we wont have motivation; without motivation we wont try...and without trying definitely we wont be successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    How can you help somebody to be optimist? To be happy and not to think about negative things and past?
    @nil The best way that we can help ourselves and also the others is to write ( or tell them to write) all the positive things we currently have in our life on a piece of paper. To cherish our capabilities...even to cherish our failure which have made us stronger and more experienced.