Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

The funniest movie

zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Films, TV and Theatre
what's the funniest movie you have watched ever ?

----------------

What's the funniest movie you have ever watched ?
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,992 mod
    For me, The Full Monty must count as one of the funniest movies I've seen.
  • MOHSENMOHSEN Posts: 114 ✭✭
    there are lots of fun movies that I have seen but for me the Forrest Gump was the best one.one movie with all;comedic,drama,romantic..
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,058 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch funny movies. :(
    Nor do I normally @bubbli, but The Full Monty is an exception and is not only funny, but is a good drama with pathos as well as being truly hilarious in parts.
    @mheredge OK I will watch it.:)
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @mheredge and @MOHSEN for sharing , for forest gump I've watched it many times, the funniest scene I can remember s when he found out that he has a son the first question he asked is he smart ? still I haven't watched Full Monty .
    The Forest Gump is another very funny film @zakaria_dandouni1. I'm more into British humour though, weird though it is sometimes. The Goodies and Monty Python are hilarious to me, but incomprehensible to some people!
  • violetskyvioletsky Posts: 2
    For me Nacho Libre is one of the funniest movies I have ever watched. Jack Black plays the main character in it. I thought that he acted so well in the movie in embodying this character who is a brother from a monastery who has a dream of being a wrestler. The movie is really hilarious and the story is great too! I recommend everybody to watch it if you haven't seen it yet.
  • DAVID.A.M.RDAVID.A.M.R Posts: 18 ✭✭
    The Mask (1994) or Scary Movie (2000)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I watched some funny movies, but I don't remember their titles. I remember only one actor called Fernandel participating in the movie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I really enjoyed watching Scary Movie 3 even though it's a little bit vulgar and inappropriate.But some scenes are very funny and hilarious. I like parodies very much :D
    I like trainspotting. It starts with funny drug scenes and becomes more and more dramatic during the film. So you get an idea what drugs are really makeing with you. Well done
    I'm not sure if I'd call Trainspotting a comedy @alex! It's quite a gritty, hard hitting movie, isn't it?
    hhhhhhhhh @AhmedEzzat yes that one is hilarious
    do you remember rhe egg scene ?
    edited August 2015
    @Bilbo99 Scary Movie 3 and funny? I think I should watch it again. :open_mouth:
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Some of my favourites are:
    - Borat
    - My SuperExGirlFriend
    - The Nake Gun
    - Scary Movie 1 &3
    I don't remember the funniest movie I've watched because I always watch fanny movies but last movie I've matched it was get hard and it was very fanny I enjoyed watching this movie kevin hart is a great actor he is really fanny and it is very interesting movie you really should watch this movie .
    I don't remember the funniest movie I've watched because I always watch fanny movies but last movie I've matched it was get hard and it was very fanny I enjoyed watching this movie kevin hart is a great actor he is really fanny and it is very interesting movie you really should watch this movie .
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of comedy movies but I loved few british series which were hilarious. "Mrs Brown's Boys" (not movie) was the one which made me laughed like anything. Another one was "Miranda", it was also very funny. :D
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,307 mod
    I agree with The Full Monty. It is just one of those films that makes you laugh from beginning to end. I think that all of the actors who were in that film were amazingly talented, and they just have that way of connecting with an audience, and that's very important when you're trying to make people laugh. Comedy is good for the soul, so it is important that we can watch funny films whenever we get the chance to.
  • rawad.alfaqeehrawad.alfaqeeh Posts: 13 ✭✭
    for me it's "The Hang Over"
    These days I am a big fan of The Big Bang Theory. It is funny but insightful as well. :)
    The Full Monty is one of my favourites too @GemmaRowlands. Monty Python has its moments, but sometimes it's a bit too fanciful. I love the realism in the Full Monty.
  • nour360nour360 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    i don't remember a good and funny movie, but i was big fun of Chappelle Show, a comedian show series that makes me laugh all the time i watch it, it's a really funny comedy, where each episode they have a little movie or a sketch, what i hate in the show that its sometimes it's used to go perverted, instead of that i think Chappelle show are the best comedy show ever.
    I really need to start big bang theory everybody is talking about it
    @nour360 thanks for sharing
    @nour360 sometimes I enjoy watching Mr. Bean with my nieces and it makes me laugh all the time. :)
    @Bubbly yeah Mr. Bean is the most comfortable for families, where his traditional way makes him so respectful, i enjoy watching him.
    @zakaria_dandouni1 you are welcome!