Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Share the recipe of your favorite dish/drink

BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
While having discussion with @Akrein on cooking recipes. An idea came into my mind to start a new thread where every one share the recipe of their favorite dishes/drinks. Enjoy and have fun. :)

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I will start with mine. One dish that I use to cook on weekends is "Chicken Haleem" Here is the recipe of it. @Akrein You were asking about desi food. Here is one of them.

Dish name: Chicken Haleem

Chicken boneless 1 kg
    Whole wheat 2 cups
    Onions 2
    Gram pulse 1/2 cup
    Mung pulse 1/2 cup
    Fried onion 1
    Red lentils 1/2 cup
    Oil 1 cup
    Salt 2 tsp
    Coriander powder 2 tsp
    Nutmeg and mace 1/2 tsp
    Turmeric 1 tsp
    Red chilli powder 3 tsp
    Chaat spice as required
    All spices powder 2 tsp
    All whole spices 2 tbsp
    Julien ginger for garnish
    Fried onion for garnish
    Lemon 2-3

Cooking Directions
    • Mix all pulses and whole wheat then soak them in water for approximately 4 - 6 hours.
    • Roast and Grind all whole spices .
    • In a pan pour required water and add chicken, soaked drained pulses and wheat, chilli powder, salt, turmeric and ground all spices.
    • Cook on low heat till everything is well cooked, stirring every now and then. (approximately 4 - 6 hours)
    • Blend pulses and chicken slightly.
    • Mix well, with back of spoon and a wooden ladle (i.e. give ghota).
    • Add ground nutmeg and mace.
    • Dish out and give tarka.
    • Granish with coriander leaves, fried onion, green chilli, julien ginger and sprinkle chaat spice.
  • exmemberexmember Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bubbli I have eaten it many times. It is very delicious and nutritious recipe.
    edited April 2015
    @meu In which city do you live in Pakistan? I thought you are from Lahore.
    I am from one of the twin cities, Rawalpindi. :)
    WOW @meu I have many relatives and friends over there. No doubt, Rawalpindi and Islamabad are known as twin cities. While crossing the boundary of Islamabad, I never felt that I am into another city but Islamabad is a really beautiful in terms of its maintenance and greenery.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah @bubbli I studied in university which was located in Islamabad. It is indeed one of the beautiful cities of Pakistan.
    I somehow own that city as well.
    @meu so what is your favorite dish/drink and do you want to share the recipe of it?
    Oh, yeah back to recipes.
    I love baking brownies for my family and they love eating that.
    I want to share recipe of my brownies.
    @meu where is your recipe of brownies?:)
    Oops!
    It is coming soon.
    Hehe ;)
    @Hasti here is the recipe of kheer :)

Ingredients:
    Full cream liquid Milk 1 ¼ -1 ½ kg, Sweetened condensed milk approx 200gms (1/2 of larger size can) Thickened cream 1/2 cup 2 Table spoon Long grain rice (take new & cheep don't use basmati rice) 5-6 green cardamoms- crack them. Almonds 20-25

Method:
    Soak rice for 3-4 hrs. Soak almonds in water overnight or put in microwave for 6-7 min, peal& slice thinly. Put milk in a deep pot on medium heat, add rice. keep stirring it as it might stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. Leave the cooking spoon in the cooking pot to avoid spilling over of the milk. After it has cooked for a while and rice appear soft and mushy in the kheer add sweetened condensed milk according to your taste for sweetness and also add thickened cream. Don't over cook, just till its thick. Its going to get thicker when placed in fridge so be careful. Add almonds when its nearly ready! Pour in a bowl and let it cool down before putting it in the fridge. serve chilled.
    @nel can you please share the recipe of pizza. I will try it in the next week.
  • HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    @bubbli Thanks dear friend :-*
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    @bubbli for making pizza we need some things:
    Pizza dough
    Pizza cheese
    meat (you can use your favorite meat)
    Olive oil
    mushrooms
    How to prepare:
    I buy pizza lough from the shop because making it is hard. :)
    Then the materials pour in the pan and cook them.
    I usually cover on the pizza dough with red or spicy sauce and pour the materials on it. Finally we pour pizza cheese on it.
    Put them in the oven or microwave and let them cook over low heat.
    After a few minutes you can eat a delicious pizza. :)
    @nel :( pizza dough is not available in our area.
    @Igor_Lovera any simple method to make a pizza dough.
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    I know @Igor_Lovera can make pizza dough very good @bubbli .
    So don't worry he will tell us. :)
    @Hasti now your turn to share any chicken based Iranian recipe.:)
    @bubbli
    Sure. How to make a Persian style rice? For 4 people, three cup of rice is enough.
    3 cup of rice, salt, oil.
    Wash the rice several times, add 5 cup of water, add two tea spoon of salt, add half a cup of oil. the trick for a good Persian rice is not to cook it immediately. after almost an hour it is ready to be cooked.
    How to cook it?
    when the water in the rice evaporated, cover the door of the pot with a tissue which help the steam don't run away from the pot and make the rice softer. Then put the door on the pot and let it be cooked for almost half an hour. Don't open the door of pot during this time.
    show me the result :D
    @bubbli Persian Chicken
    chicken, Onion, Saffron, turmeric, salt, pepper, boiled water
    cut the onion into small slices and fry them into the oil. When they are half fried add turmeric and after a while add chicken and let the chicken to be fried. after 15-20 minutes, it is time to add saffron. then add pepper and then add boiled water. Note that do not add salt at this stage as salt does not let the chicken meat to be cooked properly. after an hour add salt and let the water in a chicken be evaporated completely. Enjoy your chicken with Persian rice
    @Hasti you didn't mention the quantity of ingredients in chicken recipe.
    @bubbli
    opps :D,
    chicken for 4 people/one cup of oil/ three tea spoon of salt, one tea spoon of pepper, 4 tea spoon of turmeric/ and at least half tea spoon of saffron, 8 cup of boiled water and one medium onion/ you can also add garlic if you like
    Sounds good. :)
    @peanut I have followed the recipe of Spinach Cheese from the following link.
    http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/palak-paneer/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Hi @bubbli I'm going to send you receipt of my favorite pasta
    @peanut sure!
    @bubbli Pasta Carbonara
    Ingredients:
    - spaghetti 200-300 gramm;
    - bacon - 100 gramm;
    - 4 yolks;
    - double cream - 100 ml;
    - grated Parmesan cheese - 50 gramm;
    - 1 clove of the garlic;
    - Olive oil a bit to fry bacon;
    - Salt, pepper;
    - 2 sprigs of a parsley without stolks, only sheets.
    How to cook.
    Slice bacon thinly.
    Pure a bit oil on the pan. Then pure bacon in oil and fry it for 2 min. Cut the garlic into thin slices, pure it to pan and fry 2 min more. Add salt and pepper, parsley. Keep stirring. Next boil spaghetti in a pot with enough space. Follow instructions on the spaghetti packing box. While spaghetti is boiled it's a good time to prepare souce. Mix double cream, yolks, grated Parmesan. Add salt and pepper a bit. When spaghetti is ready merge water. Then mix all components together rapidly. Yolks in the souce must be heated by spaghetti to be ready. Ok, please test it then.
    @peanut yummy! Looks delicious and I am definitely going to try it. Thank you for sharing. :)
    You are welcome! :) Next time I'm going to share something from soups
    @peanut I am waiting. :)
    @peanut Thank you but please share your recipes here.
    peanut said:

Hi @bubbli. I promised to send you receipt of cooking very simple soup. Ok, let's start...

Ingridients:

1. Potatoes - 4-5 medium pieces;

2. 1 can of conserved fish (tuna, saury or other);

3. Soft cheese (like viola, hohland or other) - 200 Gramm;

4. 1 medium piece of onion;

5. 2 pieces of carrots;

6. sunflower oil a bit.

Please peel potatoes, divide it to the cubical pieces. Fill the stewpot with 2,5 liters of water and boil it till potatoes will be ready. When potatoes is boiling melt onion and carrots and fry it in sunflower oil on a slow flame till it will be near to stewed. Then please open can with conserved fish. If you see that potatoes is near to be ready in 5 min - put the fried mix of the onion with carrots in the stewpot. Also put cheese and fish from the can to the stewpot. Also add salt and spices as you want. In five min the soup will be ready... As you could see it's very easy. The most important ingredients are cheese and fish. It's so uncommon to use cheese in the soup, but it's very testy.