Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Sometimes we do not communicate perfectly.

rezzy_rajrezzy_raj Posts: 25 ✭✭
Guys i want to make a point here with my personal experience. I have been speaking English since last couple of years. I find myself speaking well sometime but unfortunately not most of the time. Even yesterday in the office i found that i am facing some difficulty while delivering my thought to the team. but later on i spent some time to figure out the real reason behind that and found its all happening because of stress. If you have stress you loose your confidence and loose your active mind and we know that the source of creating and developing thoughts is our mind. And once your mind is not able to create proper thoughts you can not deliver it on time. Which again put you in dilemma and result into more stress. The origin of stress may be some family stress, relationship stress, personal stress, work stress... but it all leads to poor communication and lost confidence.

Please share your thoughts on this.
PS: Sorry for making any kind of mistake in writing and i would appreciate if you point out my mistake here.

---

Guys, I want to make a point here from my personal experience. I have been speaking English since the last couple of years. I find myself speaking well sometimes, but unfortunately not most of the time. Even yesterday in the office I found that I faced some difficulty while expressing my thoughts to the team. However later on I spent some time to figure out the real reason behind that and found out its all happening because of stress. If you have stress you loose your confidence and you loose your active mind and we know that the source of creating and developing thoughts is our mind. If your mind is not able to create proper thoughts you can not express them at the right time. Which again puts you in a dilemma and this results into more stress. The origin of stress may be some family stress, relational stress, personal stress, work stress... but it all leads to poor communication and lost confidence.

Please share your thoughts about this.
PS: Sorry for making any kind of mistake in writing. I would appreciate if you point out my mistakes here.

----------------------------

Guys, I want to make a point here, from my personal experience. I have been speaking English for the last couple of years. I find myself speaking well sometimes, but unfortunately not most of the time. Even yesterday in the office I found that I faced some difficulty expressing my thoughts to the team. However, later on I spent some time trying to figure out the real reason behind that and found out it's all happening because of stress. If you feel stressed you lose your confidence and you lose your active mind, and we know that the source of creating and developing thoughts is the mind.

If your mind is not able to form proper thoughts you cannot express them at the right time. Which again puts you in a dilemma and this results in - more stress. The origin of stress maybe some family stress, relationship stress, personal stress, work stress... but it all leads to poor communication and loss of confidence.

Please share your thoughts about this.

PS: Sorry for any mistakes. I would appreciate it if you point out any here.
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Raj Don't give up and explore your mistakes. Deal stress calmly not stress-fully. I have seen many people who take a lot of stress while participating in conversation with a team or in a meeting. Just take few deep breath before you start speaking and relax you mind. Usually we cant participate in the discussion because we are preoccupied with lost of thoughts that jumble up in the end. But, you need to express yourself without thinking what would be the response of others or they make fun of me etc. If you don't make mistakes how would you learn and over come them. Its simple to just sit silent and watch what others are saying. Life is all about learning and you can't judge learning through mistakes but learning is leaving old mistakes behind and doing new ones. :) I sometimes feel stress when I have to speak in a meeting, I feel my heart beat is going faster and faster but then I make myself cool by self directing positive thoughts like yes I can do it, come on move on etc.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,244 mod
    It's not just stress @rezzy_raj, but if you're tired too. But you shouldn't worry about it. If you can't think of the word you want, try thinking of an alternative or figure out how to describe whatever it is you want to say, even if it takes more words than the one you've forgotten. That way you won't get tongue tied at least. And there's nothing worse than when you're mind goes blank. So just tey and think of something else to say. Meanwhile, you'll probably find the words you were trying to think of will have come back.

This is what I try to do when I'm speaking French @rezzy-raj and @bubbli. It usually works. I'm sure I'm going to have to do this in a few weeks when I get back to France, as I haven't had a chance to speak French for over two years!
    @mheredge So I have got one teacher who can teach me French. :)
  • rezzy_rajrezzy_raj Posts: 25 ✭✭
    @bubbli and @mheredge , thanks for your supportive words and suggesting best ways of dealing with such situations. I agree with your points that our weakness is our strength , if we make a mistake or we have something to improve then we have something to achieve. @mheredge i will definitely keep this mind while speaking.
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    @rezzy_raj why stress? Be calm and be sure that you will be successful. Follow your goal and forget everything that may makes you disappointed. Mistakes exist always.
    @nel ..... You are right but we have some phase where we can not control this despite knowing this is gonna make everything worse . BDW if person has good friend circle then he has less chances to get affected by this stupid stress :)
    Yes sometimes it is uncontrollable. We need to be more confident.
    @rezzy_raj Whenever you feel stress just remember @nel and there will be a smile on your face that will disappear your all stress. :) She also makes me smile most of the time as I enjoy her posts.
  • MonikMonik Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭
    My problem is, suddenly I'm crippled and I can't speak well. Eventually it will disappear.. I hope so!
    @monik2014 ... Any perticular event or reason for such situation ??
    @bubbli ... Thanks... Let me try this now onward.... @nel you are going to become stress remover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Why trying to control @rezzy_raj? I think that people who want to control make the job far more difficult for themselves in the end.

BTW loose vs lose, http://www.learnenglish.de/mistakes/losevsloose.html
    edited April 2015
    @Xeb ... Thanks for pointing out mistake.... I have made same issue eariler too...
    I think having a smiling face is better than having a mysterious face @bubbli . You know we just see a nose in your avatar. :p
    Do you think women should hide their faces as women do it in your country @bubbli ?
    We can think about our talents and abilities @rezzy_raj not only our weaknesses. :)
    @nel I have displayed my pictured but then removed. Let it be mysterious at least it has some curiosity for others.:)
    @rezzy_raj the thing is .. when I don't have the control of things, in this case how to speak fluent, I just scare, because I'm afraid no one will get what I'm taking about.. To me is hard to face these things, but I'm working on it, the hangouts and sessions are a good way to face this issues and move on on my goal to improve my english language. ;)
    Curiosity? Do you think there are anything strange that may makes other to be curious @bubbli ?
    @nel Aren't you curious about it? ;)
    @monik2014 I still couldn't get a chance to speak loudly. :p I mean no skype, no chat, no hangouts, no kitely etc. :)
    No I'm not @bubbli . :p
    @nel OK then discussion closed on my DP. :p
    Why @bubbli ' if, may I ask you?
    @monik2014 What do you want to ask?
    @bubbli because you said: > @bubbli said:

> monik2014 I still couldn't get a chance to speak loudly. I mean no skype, no chat, no hangouts, no kitely etc.
    @monik2014 yay! I joined kitely session today with @Xeb. It was full time fun. We talked to each other and she guided me well about the pictures very well. Now I am going to write a short story. :)
    It was open @bubbli ?
    @bubbli I'm glad you were in kitely and saw the pictures, so I'll be waiting to read your story..
    @monik2014 thank you and I am trying to write it soon.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,244 mod
    Is it just married couples who don't communicate? My friends reckon that they don't speak to eachother anywhere as much as when they have guests!
This discussion has been closed.