Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

success

HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
whats the meaning of success? who is successful in your mind? lets talk about it.
Tagged:

Comments

• DavidBHDavidBH Posts: 3
    I believe concept of success differ from one people to another. It can be influenced by people's notion of tranquility and serenity. I, myself, summarize success in a life devoid of mind preoccupation.
  • HastiHasti Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    @DavidBH Thanks for your comment. Yep I do agree with you. What can be the influence of notion on the meaning of success so?
    @bubbli what is your idea?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    I think success means gaining what ever you always dreamed and labored for.
    @nil Yep, how we can achieve it so?
    @nil thanks, so how we can achieve it?
    You can achieve it by trying hard and motivation. I always tell myself that I have only one chance to get what I want I am not going to let anything and anybody ruin it. And also you should be hopeful.
    @nil That belief is a very good source of motivation.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    Winston Churchill
    Hasti I strongly believe in this quote:

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
    Henry Ford
    @bubbli thanks for the quotes! I really enjoy while reading such quotes that motivate me to try and not to give up!
    Hasti you are welcome. I like good quotes as they keep me motivating to do more.
    You can't do it unless you can imagine it. George Lucas
    ”Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value” -Albert Eingtein
    I NEVER DREAMED ABOUT SUCCESS. I WORKED FOR IT.-ESTER LAUDER
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    Winston S. Churchill
  • dujiannantoridujiannantori Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    success is about getting what you want. whether it's fortune/fame or happiness/social value or any thing else.
    My success would be get recognaized for my personal value, influence and help as many people as possible.
    Forgot to mention, if people get what they want without effort, it doen't count. Coz it's no fun, there's nothing to be proud of ether. Success is to get what you want after a good effort of sweat and tear. So it's more like a process and experience rather than a simple result. Plus, a success with nobody to share doesn't count ether. So here is the final defination success is a shareable process and a experience of getting what you want after a good effort of sweat and tear.
    @dujiannantori Thanks for the comment...do you know your self a successful one?
    > @bubbli said:
    > “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    > Winston S. Churchill
    I really adore him due to his unique quotes
    Yea undoubtedly he has great quotes. I like to quote him. :)
    A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. David Brinkley
    @bubbli I strongly agree with you :-)
    @Hasti I don't think I know such a sucesseful people in person (I'd like to be one someday , that's for sure) But carectors like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates are truely sucessful models for us all.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,453 mod
    I think you will go far @nil with that sort of attitude.

I think everyone has their own idea of success. I believe I'm very successful because I'm happy with what I have.
    @dujiannantori I am sure you will...This is the attitude of successful people. They WANT to be somthing
    Thanks @mheredge. I hope you achieve more and more in your life to be happier. :)
    @Hasti thanks, that is very nice of you, I hope everyone would finally get what they want, especially for those who puts lots of efforts.Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair, what you say?
    @dujiannantori Thanks. Yep I do agree and I also believe that if you really want something and you try for that, definitely you will have it. The universe is for hardworking people in my opinion.
    @dujiannantori The focal point of success lies inside you. So explore your strengths and potential and dig out more and more. It's an endless process........KNOW THYSELF :)