Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

English video's for Children

zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Let's Practise and Learn
If you have young children and you want to get familiar with English, on Youtube you can find a lot of small stories for children with English subtitles. Here you can find or share these videos and/or playlists.
Post edited by Frank on

Comments

• zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Frank yes I think that will be a good idea and also from stories we can learn a lot of lessons in life.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    @Frank, It's wonderful idea,we can learn English through stories.I heard all story and I am sure I can't forget it .This is very interesting way to lean English.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    @Frank,I really like Gogo,this is also good for beginner.I am eagerly waiting for next video. :)
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    Today my kids watched Gogo for the first time. I'm afraid they will become addicted to Gogo, too : :* Thank you, @Frank for sharing this with us :smile:
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,743 mod
    Gogo is very addictive indeed @Tinka, but very nice too.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it all about? Can anybody tell me. :) Youtube-a big issue!
    @bubbli , just type the pivotal words in your search engine:
    dailymotion Gogo's Adventures with English

Here is the link on dailymotion for the first episode:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hkbfs_gogo-1-adventures-with-english_school
    There are much more episodes, just explore a little bit :wink:
    edited June 2015
    And here is the site with all episodes and games: http://gogos.clubefl.gr/
    Very useful, indeed. Kids like it. @Frank, do your kids play the games, too?
  • deedee Posts: 83 ✭✭
    @Frank,I like very much gogo,not good only for children,its also good for our learning.
    The games are new for me @Tinka. I will let my children take a look at these. Thanks!
  • zoelin88 - Inactivezoelin88 - Inactive Posts: 20 Inactive
    @Frank do you know why the tag @ can't turn blue~
    or its normal, just i can't see it when i tag someone.

Sorry for out of the discussions.
    Does anyone can show me how to put a link on post like you do.
    or a youtube, can it be post here?
    @zoelin88 To answer both of your questions. You have to get more points to do that. If you stay active on the forum, you will get more points. After a certain amount of points you get another star which gives you more possibilities on the forum, like clickable links, starting new discussions, adding videos and photos. Here you can read more about it: http://www.learn-english-forum.org/discussion/1996
    I see, thank you @Frank
    i will keeping going to earn stars n points!
    A long way to go^^ hehe
  • jite867jite867 Posts: 1
    Hi I am new hear and I don't know how to learn English so please help me friends.
  • AnjaAnja Posts: 19 ✭✭
    @jite867 , you are already in this discussion, why dont you start with watching some of the movies on this page...
    Interesting story. I really enjoyed the Gogo character. Thanks @Tinka
  • Just-LearnJust-Learn Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    > @Frank said:
    > zoelin88 To answer both of your questions. You have to get more points to do that. If you stay active on the forum, you will get more points. After a certain amount of points you get another star which gives you more possibilities on the forum, like clickable links, starting new discussions, adding videos and photos. Here you can read more about it: ttp://www.learn-english-forum.org/discussion/1996

Awesome @Frank, it's really a shame that I couldn't comment in your helpful topic about Frequently Asked Questions, it's closed. that's why I'll take the opportunity to thank you her.
    You're welcome @just-Learn. I closed that topic for a special reason. I'ts meant to be a guide for newcomers. It doesn't need any replies. When it were an open topic, I guess many newcomers probably would ad their Skype addresses.
    Another video for young children do learn English easily.
    edited February 2016
    Here you can find my playlist of Peppa Pig videos with English subtitles I watch with my children before they go to sleep. If you click on 'Play all' you can select the play list at the bottom of the screen.

@Tinka, @Bubbly, @zakaria_dandouni1
    Pink Fong offers a lot of cartoon fairy tales that are interesting.
    @Frank thanks for sharing. I am definitely going to watch them with my nieces. :)
This discussion has been closed.