Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you care for your health?

mouhamedwallaamouhamedwallaa Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Health and Beauty
Tell Us about your steps in that way

----------------

Tell us what steps you take to be healthy.
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,105 mod
    An excellent question @mouhamedwallaa. I try to get as much exercise as I can (though I'm a bit lazy, so it's usually only walking exercise). I also try to eat healthily - avoiding fat and sugar, processed foods and biscuits.
  • mouhamedwallaamouhamedwallaa Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @mheredge Nice i think we all must to care about health in our life , But do you think that working time is a problem because we stay long time at work and we back tired then we can't back to practice well and we also hungry too much
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My new office is near to a beautiful park and I reach quite early to the office. So I get a chance for a morning walk. Then, I eat healthy and home made food and avoid ready made especially fast food and snacks. Sometimes for a chain I visit food street with my colleagues.:)
    Nice @Bubbli i like people who find the way any way :)
    Yes @mouhamedwallaa so whats up!
    You're right @mouhamedwallaa. Working in an office is hard on your health - sitting all day, eating the wrong things, never time to do much exercise. It's always a juggling act trying to manage your time to get a balance. But walking to the office, maybe taking a walk during the lunch break, being careful to eat properly and taking short breaks to avoid eyestrain and backache: these things can help a bit.
    Marianne I am a true believer of exercises especially morning or evening walk. Now I am not in the favor of dieting as I have endured some disastrous consequences of dieting.
    I strongly recommend exercise if your body is getting out of shape. Many weight loss products are available in market but please just keep in mind that they have side effects too that become dominant after sometime. So use some natural ways to keep yourself fit and healthy.
    @mheredge @bubbli i will tell you about me i was really too fat i was 142 kgm and i lost 40 kgm per One Year i started in 2013 to follow diet and i lost just 40 kgm and this days i back to continue my way but i doing hard exercise to be fit and have muscles
    i just eating clean food except friday :D i eat too many bad food haha
    so when i be at work i have snack in my bag it's about apple or salad " clean also " when i back to home i eat my lunch on time and you must to take care of time
    about sport i do it from youtube exercises i love Befit channel and many
    Six packs is my dream i will get it inshaa allah
    Don't try the things that helps to loss weight and let it be natural OR consult your Doctor i will be 90 after 1 month from now :)

at the end i advice you all to do sport at home if you don't have time and read bout sport because you will make yourself live in this environment " sportive people " and image and compare yourself now are you satisfy about your shape and image it in the future ;)
    Regards
    @mouhamedwallaa Thank you for sharing your experience and I wish you all the best for six packs. :)
  • SunSun Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    It is really a great success @mouhamedwallaa . I wish you to continue on the way of healthy living.
    I have no problems with my weight. I have about 60 kg. But I am very careful what I eat and how much. Also I regularly do exercises like yoga, swimming, gardening, hiking skiing...:)
    @bubbi thanks too man i hope so and best for you

@Sun Yes Recently i found that Yoga is very useful to us but also it's not easy .... Good For you and Thanks too
  • shah51272shah51272 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @sun you do hiking, swimming, yoga.All these habits are perfect to remain fit.I wish I do these things but I'm a little bit lazy about exercise.
    @mouhamedwallaa
    Yoga is very useful and it is not difficult. The only thing you need is perseverance and regularity in the practice of yoga.
    @shah51272
    It is no good to be lazy about exercise. For а good health is important to be physically active.
  • shah51272shah51272 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @sun I agree but I work 12 hours in a day and when I go back to home I find it very difficult for me to do exercise but I also know that exercise is necessary to remain fit.
    Please point out my grammatical mistakes.
    @shah51272 you need to image yourself in the future how you will be if you do sports fit body and good health the opposite if you didn't do that then if you choose the right way you will find the time and i advice you to do it before your work :)

@sun yes , yoga is easy but there some kinds pretty hard for me and am keeping to catch it by the way i was just finished now training it takes 1 hour Muscles Burning :D
    It is great @mouhamedwallaa No matter what practicing, it is important to train. :)
    yes @sun any move will make sounds good
    My problem is being lazy to make the time @Sun. I like yoga, but I am hopeless doing it by myself as I always have some excuse. Not much hope for me really!
    No matter @mheredge. You like walking. It is also useful and healthy.
    @mheredge Have you ever experienced yoga? I once attended the class of breathing exercise and I fell asleep after sometime. :p But its really helpful if we follow it regularly.
    hehehe @bubbli. Yoga is a good way to relax. It certainly relaxed you enough to fall asleep! I used to go to yoga classes when I was working in London. An hour before work used to have me bright eyed and busy tailed for at least the rest of the morning.
    @mheredge I have practiced breathing exercises sort of yoga few years back and I feel more relaxed and mindful. Now, I don't have appropriate time to join any yoga centre or do it at home.
    I could get up half an hour earlier and do some yoga or meditation. But to be brutally honest @bubbli, I'm just too lazy.
    edited April 2015
    Same here @mheredge I am not an early riser. I rather like to stick to the bed on weekends. In winter, it is impossible for me to wake up early and do any exercise. But in summer this is possible due to warm weather. So I am really looking forward to plan few yoga exercises for this summer.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,180 mod
    I do nothing particular for my health.
    Just living my life and until now everything has been going not really bad.
    However, since yesterday I've been suffering from sore throat and a bit of fever. :(
    edited April 2015
    And to make it worst, yesterday I tripped over a stone on the street and fell to the ground. :( .
    I thought of you, @Lynne, when I was lying there, shocked and embarassed.

Post edited by april on
    edited May 2015
    @Xanthippe, I've just found out that my knees are all black and blue from last week fall.
    Not those Panda's eyes like @Lynne 's, but they don't look healthy anyway, and painful.

---------------------

@Xanthippe, I've just found out that my knees are all black and blue from last week's fall.
    Not those Panda eyes like @Lynne 's, but they don't look healthy, and they're painful.
    Post edited by Lynne on