Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What would your real-live-avatar look like?

FrankFrank ModeratorPosts: 6,002 mod
edited March 2015 in Quizzes
If you could change your real self just as easy as a virtual avatar, then what would you look like? Would your new self resemble the person you are now in any way?
  • Would you change small or large things about yourself?
  • Would you look like a human being or something else?
  • Would you be a man or a woman?
  • What would be your approximate age?
  • Would you be tall or short?
  • What would you be dressed like?
  • What would your hair be like?
And once you’ve chosen your real-life-avatar, do you think you would leave yourself like that, or would you like to change yourself all the time?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,524 mod
    When you look around SL or other virtual worlds, you rarely see any old, fat avatars.

I just chose an avatar I liked the look of, but I'm not afraid of changing into a carrot or a slice of pizza.

If I could change my appearance as easily in real life, I think I would have lots of fun with it, but really, I'm happy with the way I look now, so I think I'd keep this one as a default setting, okay maybe I'd shave off a few lumps and bumps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    In fact, I like the way I am, concerning apperance. I like being a human, I don't want to change into another creature. Being a human is great blessing that I can't ignore. I like being young too -cause I am actually young- who doesn't? Eventhough, getting older isn't that skarry to me. I can easily imagine myself an old woman and accept the fact that I won't look beautiful and young anymore. Beauty and apperances are not the most important things in my life. They aren't the source of my self confidence. That's why I totally accept looking older.
    If there is something I should change about myself, it would certainly be bad habits. Without them, I'll live 'happily evet after' ;-)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    Ill just enhance my physical appearance, add wings to my back so i can fly... and add a little more extra height and slimmer body... well i have a lot of insecurities you see... hehehe
  • BaderHasanBaderHasan Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Hmm... I think I'm gonna stay as a human. but, I'll enhance my physical appearance as what @joshenmariaharriet said. I would make my hair softer and beautiful, I'll dress as I usually dress, and Of course, I would stay as a man, and I'd do much more other things.
    But anyway, "accept who you are".
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0
    i offten learn english at this ( extra fim).
    i'm a newmember and my english is not good
  • fatimafatima Posts: 7
    I'll be as a human. I trust my God and the way that he creates me. you know that human is at the top of created in the world because of two special abilities: thought and nisus.
  • seanyluvzseanyluvz Posts: 36 ✭✭
    what the hell is 'niscus'? :O
  • MonikMonik Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    hahaha It's funny, but when I had the opportunity to create my avatar in Kitely or SL, I was trying to create it, similar than me.. But I have no problem by changing into something funny. I will never be a man, I mean, I never change my gender. As to skills, I like to fly it's nice.. Super powers are always welcome.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather change my inner Avatar (self image), that actually projects who am I ? Outer one is just a persona (mask) that naturally keep changing with age. :)
  • vhicathvhicath Posts: 18 ✭✭
    @bubbli I agree with you. If there's something I want to change, it's my personality. I want to be more outgoing and spontaneous. Physical appearance doesn't define a person.
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 Inactive
    It's very good that I'm a human but if it was possible that I could choose to be another thing I would have preferred to be an eagle. Eagles usually live on top of mountains. They are really magnificent birds. The birds with sharp eyes that can see every thing when they are flying. I really like them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Angelic style.
    @vhicath You can use Learning English Network to change that, I mean that features are part of our own personality, but we have a chance to improve it or change it. Explore the network, and you will find lots of activities that you can take and I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was possible to change yourself just like that then I would never be stuck to one thing.
    I would be changing it every morning and give people surprises.
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be look like a soccer ball, fly in the sky and fall on the ground. I'd like to be kicked by Christiano and stick in the corner of the goal.
    @aryarchi I suppose that you like football, Isn't it? :)
  • Igor_LoveraIgor_Lovera Posts: 310 Inactive
    •Would you change small or large things about yourself?
    Large things.

• Would you look like a human being or something else?
    I'd like to be an Elf.

• Would you be a man or a woman?
    I prefer stay a male.

• What would be your approximate age?
    A middle-aged Elf, although they are immortal.

• Would you be tall or short?
    An Elf of medium height.

• What would you be dressed like?
    Like Robin Hood.

• What would your hair be like?
    Long and silver hair.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭
    @Igor_Lovera , from your description, I think you would change to Legolas in the Lord of the Ring.
    LOL @chyiyung exactly I thought of same :D
    @Igor_Lovera I like the last question. :)
    @aryarchi so you want to become a football. :)
    @aryarchi then you will have to come to Pakistan to be manufactured ;) :D
    @meu , You wrong spelling my name, it is chyijung.
    Oh @chyijung I beg your pardon!
    Is it right now?
    Actually we had a philospher in history whose name was Jung and his name's pronunciation was yung. Maybe I had that in my subconscious.
    :s
    @chyijung what does Chyijung mean?
    It's ok @meu, I don't mind my name is being wrongly typed, I just want to make sure I wouldn't miss your tag :)
    It is very hard to remember a name you don't familiar with, especially a name translated from a different language.
    Yes you are right @chyijung.
    By the way, what is the origin of your name? Pronunciation?
    P.s now I am double checking your name after typing :D
    Yes you are right @chyijung.
    By the way, what is the origin of your name? Pronunciation?
    P.s now I am double checking your name after typing :D
    My name in chinese is 旗榮, that's mean "flag" and "prosperity" in english.
    and the pronunciation is "chi rong"
    You will get the pronunciation "chyijung" with chinese dialect.
    @chyijung I wish I could learn Chinese as fluently as Chinese learn Urdu while in Pakistan. :)
This discussion has been closed.