Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Best English Word to Cross Over into German Last Year

pryfllwydpryfllwyd The AnthropocenePosts: 1,405 mod
edited March 2015 in Words Words Words
Wait for it - the word is shitstorm and is especially relevant when considering the media noise about the Greek crisis

Shitstorm

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,244 mod
    Was this a word being used in Germany @pryfllwyd?
  • pryfllwydpryfllwyd The AnthropocenePosts: 1,405 mod
    oh yes @mheredge - I hear it most days at the moment - its the latest business buzz word
    Haha @pryfllwyd. I'm so out of it. Maybe I should start using it and see if it takes off here too.
    bs bingo is a part of my life @mheredge - the latest one is "feedback is a gift"

Quite funny in Germany as "gift" has a special meaning in German (i.e. poison).
    Feedback is a gift! Well I suppose this means saving on consultancy fees if people tell you for free what they like or dislike about something @pryfllwyd.

It's so funny seeing how phrases like these come and go. Is 'whatever' in response to anything you didn't like much still as popular as it was?
    whatever @mheredge - actually round here its "du mich auch" which is best translated as the same to you with bells on
    When youngsters are talking, it sometimes seems that they're speaking another language. Sadly it's not just a case of vocabulary but grammar seems to have gone to the dogs too.
This discussion has been closed.