Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Just for fun

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,585 mod
The future of the past that was affected by something in the future:-

Tagged:

Comments

• seanyluvzseanyluvz Posts: 36 ✭✭
    It never have never has never had had hasn't...ufff
  • LunashineLunashine Posts: 16 ✭✭
    funny !:)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    :) God!
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    This is my intent to translate it:

Howard: Hold on. Pause. This even makes sense. Look.
    Howard: In 2015, Beef steals the Sport Almanac and takes the time machine back to 1955 to give it to his younger self. But, asumes as the does, he changes the future, so the 2015 he returns to would be a different 2015, not the 2015 Marty and Doc runs.
    Leonard: This is hut tube machine all over again!
    Leonard: If future Beef goes back to 2015 right after his younger Almanac, he could get go to 2015 with Martin and Doc, because it was not until his 21th birthday that 1958 Beef place his first bet.
    Sheldon: Is place right?
    Leonard: What do you mean?
    Sheldon: Is place the right tense for something that would happen in the future of the past that is affected from something in the future?
    Leonard: Have would have placed?
    Sheldon: That's my boy
    Leonard: So... It wasn't until his 21th birthday that Beef had would have placed his horse bet and make his millons, that's when the alters the timeline
    Sheldon: But he have will have been placed?
    Howard: What???
    Sheldon: Unlike hut tube time machine, this couldn't be more simpler: When basket Almanac in 1955 the alternative future he creates isn't the one in which Martin and Doc Brown ever use the time machine and travel to 2015, therefore in the new timeline Marty and Doc never brought the time machine
    Leonard: Is brought right?
    Sheldon: Marty and Doc never had had had brought?
    Leonard: I don't know. You get it to me.
    Sheldon: I'm going with it. Marty and Doc never had had had brought the time machine to 2015, that means 2015 Beef can also not have had had brought the Almanac to 1955 therefore the timeline in which 1955 Beef get his Almanac is also the timeline in which 1955 Beef never gets the Almanac, and just not never gets, never has, never hasn't, never has hasn't.
    Raj: He is right.
    Raj: What kind of name is Beef?
    This is my second intent to transcript it:

Howard: Hold on! Pause!
    Howard: This even makes sense! Look
    Howard: In 2015, Beef steals the Sport Almanac and takes the time machine back to 1955 to give it to his younger self. But, asumes he does it, he changes the future, so the 2015 he returns to would be a different 2015, not the 2015 Marty and Doc runs.
    Leonard: This is Hot Tub Time Machine all over again!
    Leonard: If future Beef goes back to 2015 right after he gives younger Beef the Almanac, he could get go to 2015 with Martin and Doc in it, because it was not until his 21th birthday that 1958 Beef placed his first bet.
    Sheldon: Ou Ou! Is "placed" right?
    Sheldon: Is placed the right tense for something that would happened in the future of the past that is affected from something in the future?
    Leonard: Have would have placed?
    Sheldon: That's my boy!
    Leonard: OK... So... It wasn't until his 21th birthday that Beef had would have placed his horse bet and make his millons, that's when he alters the timeline
    Sheldon: But he have will have been placed it?
    Howard: What????
    Sheldon: Unlike Hot Tub Time Machine, this couldn't be more simpler: When basket's Almanac in 1955 the alternative future he creates isn't the one in which Martin and Doc Brown ever use the time machine and travel to 2015, therefore, in the new timeline Marty and Doc never brought the time machine
    Leonard: Is "brought" right?
    Sheldon: Marty and Doc never had have had brought?
    Leonard: I don't know. You get it to me.
    Sheldon: I'm going with it. Marty and Doc never had have had brought the time machine to 2015, that means 2015 Beef can also not have had have had brought the Almanac to 1955 Beef, therefore the timeline in which 1955 Beef get the Almanac is also the timeline in which 1955 Beef never gets the Almanac, and not just never gets, never have, never hasn't, never have has hasn't.
    Raj: He is right.
    Raj: So... What kind of name is Beef?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    @Roman - Not bad:-

This is my second intent to transcript it:

Howard: Hold on! Pause! Something doesn't make sense! Look: In 2015, Biff steals the Sport Almanac and takes the time machine back to 1955 to give it to his younger self, but as soon as he does that, he changes the future. So, the 2015 he returns to would be a different 2015, not the 2015 Marty and Doc were in.

Leonard: This is Hot Tub Time Machine all over again! If future Biff goes back to 2015 right after he gives young Biff the Almanac, he could get back to the 2015 with Martin and Doc in it, because it wasn't until his 21st birthday that 1955 Beef placed his first bet.

Sheldon: Wait! Woah Woah Woah! Is "placed" right?

Sheldon: Is placed the right tense for something that would have happened in the future of a past that was affected by something from the future?

Leonard: Had will have placed?

Sheldon: That's my boy!

Leonard: OK... So... It wasn't until his 21st birthday that Biff had will have placed his first bet and made his millons, that's when he altered the timeline.

Sheldon: But he had will haven't placed it?

Howard: What????

Sheldon: Unlike Hot Tub Time Machine, this couldn't be more simple: When Biff gets the Almanac in 1955 the alternate future he creates isn't the one in which Marty and Doc Brown ever use the time machine to travel to 2015. Therefore, in the new timeline Marty and Doc never brought the time machine.

Leonard: No. No. Wait. Is "brought" right?

Sheldon: Marty and Doc never had have had brought?

Leonard: I don't know. You did it to me.

Sheldon: I'm going with it. Marty and Doc never had have had brought the time machine to 2015, that means 2015 Biff could also not have had have had brought the Almanac to 1955 Biff. Therefore the timeline in which 1955 Biff gets the Almanac is also the timeline in which 1955 Biff never gets the Almanac, and not just never gets, never have, never hasn't, never had have hasn't.

Raj: He is right. So, what kind of name is Biff?
    edited August 2015
    @Lynne, Your transcript is much better than mine. I like your spacing and the interjections you used. I didn't get some phrases right, even after listening it many times. I must practice English listening. There exist the name "Beef"?
This discussion has been closed.