Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Galavanting in the hills

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 27,481 mod
Those who know me better know that I'm in Nepal. Yesterday with a group of five friends, we hired a jeep to head into the hills down from the Everest area. (It was more comfortable than the public shared jeep and only marginally more expensive).

Last night was spent in a typical little rustic lodge in the small market 'town' of Nele Bazaar (a village by any other standards). Today is market day, so people will be streaming in from miles around. We will be trekking out towards the village nearby where there are a couple of schools that we want to visit.

Rural Nepal in this area still hasn't changed much - except of course, the coming of mobile phones and internet reception!

Hang in here if you're interested in following our adventures in this poor and very undevelooed corner of the Himalayas!

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,522 mod
    Do you think the arrival of mobile phones will make a difference eventually?
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,199 mod
    The coming of mobile phones and internet connection will bring the masts and a lot of billboards with the new devices from Samsung, Huawei etc.
This discussion has been closed.