Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you believe in angels?

nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Myths and Legends
I think angels are exist. I had a teacher when I was in high school who taught us English. I really liked her.She was a real angel because she helped me to learn English.She knew learning English is my favorite and one of my desires. She made me to follow English language until now. Do you know people who are angel or have you ever seen an angel in your life?

----

I think angels exist. When I was at high school, I had a teacher who taught us English. I really liked her. She was a real angel to me, because she helped me to learn English. She knew that English is my favourite school subject and that learning English is one of my desires. She helped me to follow English lessons until now. Did you ever see a real angle or do you know people whom you consider to be angels in your life? Frank

----

I think angels exist. When I was at high school, I had a teacher who taught us English. I really liked her. She was a real angel to me, because she helped me to learn English. She knew that English was my favourite school subject and that learning English was one of my desires. She has helped me to follow English lessons until now. Have you ever seen a real angel or do you know people whom you consider to be angels in your life?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    @Xeb do you know you are an angle? Do you know why? When I didn't go to English class and I had to practiced English words and grammar and whatever I learned in the class to kept them in my mind and didn't forget them I found this site and sent a message in the live chat then you answered me and encouraged me to take part in the discussions every day.I did it and I found many good friends. So you made to I practice and learne new things every day and now I have to say you thanks @Xeb. You are an angel.
    When I had a child there was a old woman who lived in our neighborhood. She helped other people even if they hadn't demand.She donated everything them and never spoke about it.Do you think she was an angel or an usual woman? I think she was a good woman who all of neighbors liked her and speak about her yet.
    @mheredge and @Lynne and @Frank and @april I'm sure you have more experience than me and you can speak about angels. So I want to know your opinions.
    To be honest I believe angels exist.We have to just look at our around.Kids are beautiful angels who give their food and meal and chocolate to other kids and people and forgive someone who may beat them like their parents soon.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,541 mod
    edited March 2015
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same thing counts for considering somebody to be an angle, I think. So it could be that someone is an angel to me, but that somebody else wouldn't agree with that. I certainly believe in the good intentions of people, but people can't be perfect, flawless and sincere all the time and for everyone. How good your intentions ever will be, It's always possible that you make mistakes or loose your temper. I think somebody can be good and well doing, but that doesn't make him or her infallible. We are in this world to learn, I think. We're not expected to behave as saints or angels all the time. If somebody else says you are an angel, that's a nice compliment. They like you, or even admire you. Hopefully they don't expect you to be perfect.
    I agree with you @Frank but being perfect isn't being angle not?(If I have mistake please correct me)
    I agree with you @Frank but being perfect isn't the same as being an angle, is it? (If I made a mistake, please correct me).

---

That's right @nel. It doesn't have to be the same. Although someone might not be completely perfect, he or she can be an angle in your eyes. That's what I meant with: it's in the eye of the beholder.
    @Frank do you think angels exist in the skies too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    I think that people who take time to look around are more keen to perceive environments, situations and identify people that may be favorable to them for a specific purpose. You're your own angel, @nel.
    @Xeb can you speak easier that I understand you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    edited March 2015
    If I take your example about Live Chat, you could see that LiveChat and some of its members may be able to help you learn English and meet new friends. Most importantly, you are grateful for it. So in this example, I think that you are the angel @nel.
    edited March 2015
    But I can just speak with them and I can't correct them if they make a mistake (like you) because I have to learn many thing yet @Xeb .
    edited March 2015
    I don't know for sure @nel. bit I think those angels mainly live in your heart.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,539 mod
    I'm not at all angelic @nel! I don't have any wings either. More a bit of a devil I think. >:)

Real angels are supernatural celestial beings who act as intermediaries between Heaven and Earth. Angels protecting and guide human beings too, and carrying out God's tasks (though angels include various ideas of spirits in many other religious traditions, not just Christianity).

I leaned a new word today. The theological study of angels is known as "angelology".
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,839 mod
    When I read the title of your discussion, the first thing came in my mind was the song of ABBA: "I have a dream", @nel :).

I have a dream, a song to sing
    To help me cope with anything
    If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
    You can take the future even if you fail
    I believe in angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in angels
    When I know the time is right for me
    I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

Do I believe in angels?
    Not really, I think.
    I can't say that I only accept things tangible or real.
    I believe that there is also something inexplicable, mysterious, untouchable around me, but is it an angel? I don't know.
    Yes I heard it @april. Well I think it's important to we feel not only touch it. I know we can't tell people that they are angel because of charity for example but I believe there are many people like children who work out to earn money for their families.
    It's right @mheredge.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,539 mod
    Maybe I have a Guardian Angle looking out for me @nel, as things always seem to go right for me. Or maybe I'm just lucky. But maybe that brings us to another topic where we were discussing how far you make your own luck.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,868 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Metaphorically, every person has both angelic and devilish sides. :)
    Yes people are good or bad completely @bubbli.
    yes it is yin yang concept.
    Well I made a mistake in the previous comment. I wanted to say: People aren't good or bad completely @bubbli .
    edited March 2015
    @nel mistakes are the real friend. They never leave you throughout your life. :)
    Yes I agree with you @bubbli but we can make mistake less if we think a bit at first.
    No nel we make new mistakes every time. This is called experience.:)
    @bubbli I had a teacher in the university.When I made a mistake I said him it's a big experience then he told me you got enough experience now you have to stop it and learn from them. Some mistakes are irrecoverable. :)
    nel I agree with you. Sometimes we learn from our mistakes and move on. Sometimes we repeat them again and again and stuck somewhere.
  • muzikmuzik Posts: 11 ✭✭
    when i have free time, i climb on the roof of my house, lie down and up the sky, waiting for an angel to save my life. But she did not come
    I think she came alright @muzik. You are still writing.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    I do believe on Angels,I totally agree with @mheredge.They are supernatural and between the earth and heaven and they carrying out God's tasks,they protect us and guide us according to our religion.