Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What Should Your Name Be?

luizgemailluizgemail Posts: 84 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Quizzes
http://www.quizony.com/what-should-your-name-be/index.html

Let's try this one :smile:
Post edited by Lynne on
Tagged:

Comments

• luizgemailluizgemail Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I cannot post links, yet. Sorry :( but you can copy and past to do the quiz.
  • luizgemailluizgemail Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Oh boy!

I got Sarah!

A name that means lady or princess, Sarah perfectly captures both your elegance and inner strength. You are refined and confident. You never have any self-doubt. People can never make you second guess your decisions.

Maybe the quiz should ask your gender first. :smile:

Is there an equivalent name of "Sarah" for man? :)
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,530 mod
    Funnily I got Grace, which is my niece's name.
  • paulinapaulina Posts: 11 ✭✭
    This was a funny one. I got Grace, too. And no, I don't like seeds in my jam ... Lol
  • DoraDora Teacher's Pet Posts: 3,068 mod
    Your name should be

Camilla

Camilla is the name of a legendary female warrior, which perfectly fits you as you were born to be a leader. You can make the tough decisions. You're never afraid of taking on responsibilities. You always have new ideas and new goals.
  • ZomZom Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heather - Heather grows in rocky places such as hills and mountains, which perfectly represents your independent nature and brave heart. You never let fear get in the way. You never worry about what might happen. You are wild and you are free.

LOL - Spot on for Bastille day.
    It seems that I'm another Camilla @Dora.
    Did you attempt the quiz again @mheredge?
    Hahaha @Dora. Not this time. But if I were to, I'm sure I'd get a different result.
    So, what's about trying again @mheredge?
    I'm more than satisfied with my own name @Dora.
    What's your name? Marianne?
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm Ruby

You are a rare jewel, a truly unique human being who stands out in a crowd and is always comfortable being yourself. You don't make excuses for yourself or for other people. You are passionate and inspiring. You really know yourself and who you are. You always say what you think.
  • ZomZom Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Reading the description of Ruby made me think of finding Wally in the book, "Where Is Wally?".
    Ruby is a very old fashioned name. It has connotations and when my sister fancied the idea of calling her baby Ruby, my father wasn't at all happy with the idea!
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about the connotations behind the name Ruby, would you mind telling me why your father don't like it? @mheredge
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,810 mod
    My name should be Victoria (which should amuse @bubbli).

My result:-

You should share a name with a great British Queen, because you are both powerful and forceful. You are noble and determined. You know your rights and you fight for them. People respect and look up to you.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Even quiz says...........! @Lynne ;)

My results:-

Camilla

Camilla is the name of a legendary female warrior, which perfectly fits you as you were born to be a leader. You can make the tough decisions. You're never afraid of taking on responsibilities. You always have new ideas and new goals.
  • RomanRoman Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    They are all female names!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    My name should be Camilla, but I'm not a true-born leader.
    Told you, first go it came up with Grace, but just now I'm a Camilla.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
    Camilla?!!
    Really??!!
  • GlorianGlorian Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    Ruby
    You are a rare jewel, a truly unique human being who stands out in a crowd and is always comfortable being yourself. You don't make excuses for yourself or for other people. You are passionate and inspiring. You really know yourself and who you are. You always say what you think.
    I think this quiz for females. :smirk:
  • soshiant1992soshiant1992 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    soshiant
    is the name of a person that an ancient religion believes would be the world's redemption
  • hazel27hazel27 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    Grace
    You are graceful and kind, generous and giving. You want to help others and you want to help your community. You love to volunteer. What you really want is to make a difference with your life.

;)
    edited December 2015
    @Glorian hehehe. I will call you Ruby. ;)
    Nooo @Bubbly! It's a female's name! Better call Me Bond, James Bond... LOL
    @Glorian James Ruby. ;)
    Ok @Bubbly, then I'll call you Bubble as I promised recently!
    edited December 2015
    @Glorian no issues. My dad calls me bubble sometimes. :)