Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Work / jobs / business jokes

zahirzahir Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Humour
To create inspirational workplace we need to put humor at workplace. It is difficult to build a good team without putting humor in work station. For this, all should have good practice of culture. Good attitude and culture make our working environment animated.

Do you have different opinion? If you agree with me then, Can you please share how humor affects on team at workplace? How attitude and humor both reflect your workplace culture?

--------------------

To create an inspirational workplace we need to allow humor in the workplace. It is difficult to build a good team without using humor. To achieve this, everyone needs to have a good attitude, and then a culture of laughter can create an animated working environment.

Do you have a different opinion? If you agree with me then, could you please share how humor affects the teams you work with? How do people's attitude and sense of humor reflect your workplace culture?
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,639 mod
    An elderly man was being interviewed for a job, the Human Resources Manager asked, "What is your greatest weakness?"

The old man replied, "Honesty!"

The Human Resources Manager smiled and said, "I don't think honesty is a weakness."

The old man, "I don't give a damn what you think​!"
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,742 mod
    haha
    Did he get the job?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    Maybe another weakness is arrogance?
  • TshidiTshidi Posts: 4
    This is a reason why most of the companies don't employ elder people.He saw the HR Manager as a daughter/son not a future boss...
    Unfortunately you're right, @Tshidi‌. All too often, younger people are insecure about having to manage someone older. Yet employers often miss out, as older people can have more experience and practical common sense.
    This is well worth a read, sometimes a bit near the knuckle, but made me LOL.

http://www.27bslash6.com/interviews.html
  • ojovirtualojovirtual Posts: 1
    Hilarious! :#
    Camaraderie in the workplace @zahir can be very important. But humour is sometimes tricky, as not everyone gets the joke and care is needed not to appear to be poking fun at someone's expense.

I remember once someone tampered with my computer at work when I was away from my desk. When I got back to it, my cursor had a mind of it's own and kept doing it's own thing. I was very worried at first until I saw everyone was watching and I realised it was a joke. But only then did it become funny as I did get really worried for a while!
    edited March 2015
    Making light of things is essential to me, otherwise everything gets too heavy. However, @mheredge is right, you shouldn't poke fun at other people, I prefer to poke fun at myself. :smile:
    The British are usually good at laughing at themselves. My American friends tell me this is what endears them to Brits, as they say that they aren't so good at this.

I mean, just look at the humour here:
    Mr Bean
  • moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge i don't know about that, but i never thought the british can be funny specially with their accent (i like their accent by the way),look even mr. Ben doesn't talk
    of course that is based on movies and TV not a personal thing.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to keep my work environment light but I always categorize it depending upon the level of understanding of the next person. :)
    edited May 2015
    Have a fun employees. :)
    edited May 2015

• SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    My boss asked me to start the presentation with a joke,I attached pay slip on the first slide.
    @Saira It should be like this in a real life. ;)
  • dujiannantoridujiannantori Posts: 486 Inactive
    LOL @bubbli I love the third one!!
    @dujiannantori Any joke so for in the light of your job experience. :)
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭✭

edited June 2015
    @Moath - Did you mean Mr Ben?

Or Mr Bean?

• moathmoath Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    hhhhhhhhe
    @Lynne
    Mr. Bean for sure :)
    i liked that video
  • CheskaCheska Posts: 80 Inactive
    If ever get caught sleeping on the job slowly raise your head and say "in Jesus name amen".
  • JandarkJandark Posts: 65 ✭✭
    A student at an exam .Comes up to exam desk and takes a ticket , says "No" and puts it back .Takes another ,another and again another ,each time putting it back and saying "No ,not this one "Finally the head examiner say "Okay ,3 ,you may go ." Others ask "What for 3 ,she didn't answer to any ticket ?". "Well ,as she was looking for a better ticket then probably she knows something .": answered the examiner .
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Boss + Employee Equation

Smart Boss + Smart Employee = Profit
    Smart Boss + Stupid Employee = Production
    Stupid Boss + Smart Employee = Promotion
    Stupid Boss + Stupid Employee = Overtime
  • RomanRoman Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    An engineer crosses a road when a frog calls out to him, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."

He bends over, picks up the frog and puts it in his pocket. The frog speaks up again and says, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."

The engineer takes the frog out of his pocket, smiles at it and returns it to the pocket.

The frog then cries out, "If you kiss me and turn me back, I'll do whatever you say!"

Again the engineer takes the frog out, smiles at it and puts it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asks, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, I'll stay with you for a month and do whatever you say. What more do you want?"

The engineer says, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool!"
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    ohny johny..
    Yes papa!
    Private job.
    Yes papa!
    Lot of tension..
    Yes papa!
    Too much work..
    Yes papa!
    Family life..
    No papa!
    Bp-sugar..