Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Job interview

124»

Comments

• ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you answer or turn them down? What happened @mheredge?

It's frequent here for people to be intrusive about the whereabouts of family members. It's usually based on the family name and the region you are from that rings a bell, but they are rarely direct questions. They pop in more into the conversation mode?
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • snack98snack98 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge I don't know why they ask this kind of question !
    maybe they don't look for your skills but for you social situation !! it's not professional at all
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    I answered the questions but underneath I wasn't happy @Zom. I think interviewers like to know as much as possible about your family background in case it might influence their decision to employ you. Obviously if my father had been a banker, this might have been seen as as a positive point as people often follow their parents in their career choices.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In France a lot of companies are like private societies or clubs, they hire people that come from the same lineage, I mean people that are from the same few schools and / or have already family members in the industry/field you are applying for.

Within the same line, if you are hired and don't fit exactly their criteria, it's pretty easy to guess how far you'll be able to go up the ladder whatever your skills. It's better to know this when you are looking for a job in France, especially if you are a career oriented person.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    For me job interview is like a Monster..
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Learningdiva2 few years back I felt like this but now I take interviews instead of giving. It is fun and I think we should the process. :)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    @Bubbly I'll try this too.. :blush:
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,672 mod
    They said prior going to your interview, make a research about the company and their history first. :)
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,639 mod
    I loved a recent answer I heard in a session.

Q. How would you brand yourself?
    A. I'm not in sales.
  • DiakhaDiakha Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I have read all of you. And I would like to thank you because I wanted to change my job, I mean I'm looking for another career, so I think your different ideas will help me someday. Thank you all.
  • WirginiaWirginia Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For few months I will be looking new job. I readed this all forum and I am scared what will be. Especially that I want change sort of industry.
    Wirginia said:

For few months I will be looking new job. I readed this all forum and I am scared what will be. Especially that I want change sort of industry.

What type of industry are you going to pursue now? For your future endeavors, feel free to practice a lot (as much as you can), especially those basic interview questions so that it comes out naturally when you're asked of those stuffs. ;) @Wirginia
    @kindgnice : Now i work in sell industry, but I refreshing my skills english language so I will try to find job with after-sales customer service with English.
    Wirginia said:

@kindgnice : Now i work in sell industry, but I refreshing my skills english language so I will try to find job with after-sales customer service with English.

Sounds good! You've chosen the right website for enhancing your communication skills. There are lots of nationalities to meet here with the same goal as yours. Enjoy explorin' and hope to see you soon on Skype sessions. :) @Wirginia
    edited April 9
    > kindgnice said:
    > @kindgnice : Now i work in sell industry, but I refreshing my skills english language so I will try to find job with after-sales customer service with English.
    >
    > Sounds good! You've chosen the right website for enhancing your communication skills. There are lots of nationalities to meet here with the same goal as yours. Enjoy explorin' and hope to see you soon on Skype sessions. :) @Wi@Wirginia

I am afraid that I can not help myself at the session :(
    Don't feel that way my friend. Use it as your motivation to improve yourself. And, you don't have to feel afraid at all, because all of us here are friendly and we are all here to help each other towards English proficiency. ;) @Wirginia
    Cheer up! :smiley:
  • nmoskovkinnmoskovkin Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I like it. Every interview get new knoweledge.

I like it. Every interview get new knoweledge.

You're right @nmoskovkin! Hope to see you soon in Skype sessions so we can practice this interview skills some time. ;)
  • nmoskovkinnmoskovkin Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Thank you. I've sent @Lynne my skype id.