Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

One of my favourite artists.

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,585 mod
Hundertwasser

Comments

• zahirzahir Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I have heard him first from this video. He has impressive thinking. He is a great man
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    He was @Zahir, unfortunately he is no longer with us. I was lucky enough to visit an exhibition he held whilst he was alive, and I've visited one of his buildings.

Hundertwasser Waldspiral
  • zahirzahir Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Nice, exceptional building design.
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 Inactive
    Well I couldn't see the movie again. @Lynne can you tell me what do you mean? There are different kinds of art. Any way I like Leonardo Da vinci. He was a big artist. All of us see the Mona Liza and the last supper from him.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadequain in Pakistan is one of my favorite artists. He is best known for his skills as a calligrapher and a painter.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    I have too many favourites to list, though as a kid, I loved the Impressionists, but nowadays I like modern art very much.

Kandinsky is probably my favourite artist.

Improvisation 27 (Garden of Love II), 1912 (The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York).
    Calligraphy attracts me alot and I intend to learn it soon from any good art institute. I also like oil painting as I have seen few paintings of my friend in oil painting that were amazing.
  • geert531geert531 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Nice artwork which art style is it placed in?
  • geert531geert531 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    i mean the first one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Nice work...
  • MOHSENMOHSEN Posts: 114 ✭✭
    my favorite artist is Leonardo da vinci,not for his paintings,for the moment that he said I must fly like a bird but he could not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    Are you using webchat like me? May we can make friend for drawing!! Add my webchat ID:Sharon547 if you are also love art!
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    I have many favorite artists,I like Francois Boucher,Oil Painting Madame de Pompadour and Elisabeth Vigee Le Brun,Oil painting Self Portrait in a Straw Hat.Lord Frederic Leighton Oil Painting The Music Lesson.
    I like portraits and landscapes,I am really impressed, artist Bob Ross.
    Claude Lorraine Oil painting Landscape with the Marriage of Isaac and Rebecca.
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    > @bubbli: Calligraphy is very interesting job, writing our names in cursive writing in different styles you feel happy to see your name in distinct styles. Now a days Companies are paying more money for Calligraphy jobs. some people are so talented and can create amazing typography pictures.
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the works of the Slovenian artist Marko Rupnik, who is currently working with his artistic team in Italy (Centro Aletti). He is creating mosaics from natural stones of very different colours and textures all over the world, from Europe to USA. His mosaics are predominantly made in the sacred places (in the churches, chapels etc.) and represents a new way of ancient art.

Here is one detail from his natural stones mosaics:
    http://kormidlo.sk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/rupnik.jpg

Here is the official page of his artistic team:
    http://www.centroaletti.com/index_ing.htm
    @madhug I want to learn calligraphy because of my keen interest in Arabic language. I will take it as a hobby not as a profession. :)
    @bubbli: Most of the English countries are offering Calligraphy Jobs. Calligraphy can be a relaxing, enjoyable and a rewarding hobby. I assume that Arabic language perfectly fit for Calligraphy.
    @madhug I know that but I am still not getting some time for fulfilling this old wish. Once, I will learn it from any institute, I would be able to decide what to do next. But, thank you for motivating me for this. :)
    @bubbli: Institute is best option to lean calligraphy.
    Another way also you can learn, from youtube.com, There are plenty of videos to learn Arabic calligraphy.

Sample: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdusyS8Fh9w

Firstly you need to buy a Calligraphy Pen, vertical downstrokes at a 45% pen angle and practise daily on ruled paper. you could easily learn this.
    @madhug I know the basics of it because at school time I have learned "khitati" from my grandfather. I have kept that pen with me. But learning calligraphy with new techniques is a different thing. For that I will definitely need an instructor who will tell me the techniques and I don't mind to join an institute for it. But, I am finding out some space from my work routine and hopefully, by the end of this year,I will be able to take some decision.
    edited June 2015
    @bubbli: You have a good future planning. i had been practising calligraphy in my college days. we can learn techniques while practising only.
    edited June 2015
    @bubbli: If you have any quires about calligraphy, definitely i would help you.
    @madhug that's great. So what type of calligraphy did you practice in your college time?
    @bubbli: I just practised only Western Calligraphy it's kind of cursive letters. Firstly I started with pencil, then calligraphy pen after we used brush. We were practised step by step.
    @madhug did you continue it further after college or not?
    @bubbli: Now I am not continuing that, because of office work. When i get a free time i could experiment on my name and other letters.
    @madhug that's good. At least you practice it a little bit.
    @bubbli: What about you, are you going to practise now or later? :)
    @madhug I wish I could now but I need some time to work on it and for that I need some planning.
    @bubbli, I have seen a video about calligraphy I assume that you definitely like these videos.

links:
    www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26852183
    www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32976515