Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Step by step story 4

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 mod
edited February 2015 in Word Games
You may post 4 words to carry on the story. Obviously it must make some sense!
(So, eg, I might post "Once upon a time...." and Lynne might follow with "there was a naughty..." then April might write "little donkey. He went....")
-----------------------------------------------

My nosy neighbour wanted.....
Post edited by amatsuscribbler on

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,058 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    @amastuscribbler Hi!
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him......
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,477 mod
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was ...
  • hafeed1hafeed1 Posts: 6
    and my neighbor really has been loved me
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,951 mod
    edited February 2015
    @hafeed1 In this game you may post only 4 words to continue the story. I'll change your input in:

My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour really...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated ...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time.....
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 mod
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was....
    edited February 2015
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity. ...
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,477 mod
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will ...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me alot to....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant.....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom ...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,213 mod
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then when I have enough.....
    (BTW - what is a 'tithingman'?)
  • smbalochsmbaloch Posts: 33 ✭✭
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then when I have enough time to spent....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spent together with this man, ...
  • smbalochsmbaloch Posts: 33 ✭✭
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spent together with this man and talk about his
  • kt007kt007 Posts: 34 ✭✭
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spent together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism. I................
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism, I compliment myself. Truly...
  • luizgemailluizgemail Posts: 84 ✭✭
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism, I compliment myself. Truly this man sounds like...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism, I compliment myself. Truly this man sounds like a true hero of this nation. Therefore,
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism, I compliment myself. Truly this man sounds like a true hero of this nation. Therefore, I intent to honour ...
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism, I compliment myself. Truly this man sounds like a true hero of this nation. Therefore, I intent to honour him on this special occasion.....
    My nosy neighbour wanted me to tell him who my visitor was, and my neighbour was really curious about it. I refused to be manipulated by him this time and pretended it was a tithingman. In fact, I don't want to reveal his true identity, even though that will help me a lot to become popular. My visitor was actually one of the significant types of persons whom I invite on special occasions like World Compliment Day. Then, when I have enough time to spend together with this man and talk about his true struggle story of fighting against terrorism, I compliment myself. Truly this man sounds like a true hero of this nation. Therefore, I intent to honour him on this special occasion. I'll tell you how...
This discussion has been closed.