Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Turning point

HeknerHekner Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
"With the Sun opposing Jupiter in your sign today, dear Leo, you're reaching some sort of turning point."

turning point - the time at which a situation starts to change in an important way

ASH, the anti-smoking group, called the new regulations a turning point in the campaign against smoking.

The turning point in her political career came when she was chosen to fight a crucial by-election. (CALD)
"The world was a fantastic, marvelous, awesome place, Rose decided."

Comments

• FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,002 mod
    edited February 2015
    There comes a time in everyone's life when something happens that causes you to re-evaluate the path you're on. This turning point will look different for everyone, but the point is to make whatever has happened in your life worth it. Don't let the experience that brought you here today be wasted. Use it as a springboard for the change that you know you need.

Source: The turning point
  • aryarchiaryarchi Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    This expression reminds me of the time my favorite team changed the game result. It was only 10 minuets left and one of our players was sent off the game, It was quite an incredible match.
    Our foreign player scored 3 goals in 10 minuets. I think that was a great sample of 'turning point' I've ever seen in my life.
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod
    Puberty is the turning point of child's body to adult's body.