Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How are you feeling today?

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,631 mod
    Maybe @filauzio feels as if he's running late, or perhaps he's just playing with words.

I'd love a couple of clones, as long as they pulled their weight. One should enjoy gardening, and the other housework.

Today I'm feeling a mixture of being lucky and being hard done by.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose " apathetic " isn't the right word @mheredge, maybe " busy " fits best.
    I have to put something out everyday, it's frustrating. I'm wondering where some people find the time to laze around.
    Probably nowadays nobody lazes around anymore.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am feeling blessed today. Finally got admission in a diploma course that I have planned years back but couldnt do due to some other projects!
    This, I suppose, confirms that nowadays lazing around is just rare. You have no time for all the things you would want to do.
    I think that better than having a clone, it would be to become a multitasking human being, furnished with as many apps as the works you have to attend.
    One app is better than one arm.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,065 mod
    I know how you feel and sympathise @filauzio. The plane crash yesterday (thankfully no one seriously injured) and knock-on delays to friends who were supposed to arrive today mean I'm going to have to run around setting up all sorts of arrangements for them so they can catch up with the rest of us when we leave for the hills on Saturday.

A few clones would be very handy in these sorts of situations. I'd hate to be a travel agent. I guess they have to deal with this sort of problem all the time.

Congratulations @bubbli. What will you be studying?
    @mheredge Its post graduate diploma in Education Planning and Management.
    Only just on reading what you wrote, about your chaotically seeking for a way out of your difficult situation, @mheredge, I feel as if I've got nothing to deal with.
    Yes, now actually I'm feeling bored as if I lived in a hermitage, with my lazy clones hanging all around me .
    Surely you should be able to share your clones when strictly needed elsewhere.
    I've heard of the landing difficulties in Kathmandu at the radio, I've got it was the ice.
  • zakaria_dandouni1zakaria_dandouni1 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel sleepy .
    Quite down today due to sleeplessness. I was disturbed due to head ache last night so now feeling slow. Just drinking black coffee to get active.
    Coffee is useful for giving that extra boost sometimes @bubbli. If I have a headache, then I usually take a paracetamol as this is one medicine I find useful. I'm lucky in that I don't get headaches very often.
    I use coffee in winter and I have headache only if there is chilly cold weather. Otherwise I dont have it very often. Paracetamol is very common in our country and yes good pain killer but we should not use it frequently as not good for health.
    edited March 2015
    If I don't drink my coffee in the morning, I get a headache. I think this is a sign of addiction. :worried:

Luckily I am feeling quite well today. The bruising round my eyes and on my forehead is disappearing, the sun is shining. All is right in my world.

I hope you're feeling better @bubbli.
    I am feeling well today, Thank you @Lynne addiction of coffee is also harmful like addiction of any drug. I can cause stomach and abdominal issues. so Lynne be careful. Why do you have bruises round your eyes and forehead? Is everything thing okay with you?
    It's very embarrassing @bubbli, I fell over. :no_mouth:

When I used to teach out in the real world, I drank far too much coffee, but now I drink a healthy one cup a day.

PS - It can cause ... (I'm sure you aren't bad for the health Bubbli.) :smile:
    Oh! I am pretty sure about what it can cause...:) One cup of coffee is good. I use to drink coffee with some milk to make it light :)
  • thepritimishrathepritimishra Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hello friend today i m feeling so happy becouse after a long period I spend my sunday with my cute hubby.
  • thepritimishrathepritimishra Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I think bubbli u should drink ginjer tea when u have headache problem.

--------------

Bubbli, I think you should drink ginger tea when you have a headache.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @thepritimishra Thank you.
    I like ginger tea and use it some times. I forgot it this time and I think I should take it as weather is getting cold these days.
    I was feeling okay, but now I'm tearing my hair out. How can thousands of comments go walkabout? #livechat
  • simalisimali Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I was feeling indignant from Lynne but now I am feeling cool with cold weather & a hot cup of Capacinno after read to how do you feel....:-)

----------------

I was feeling indignant because Lynne hasn't added me to Skype, yet. However, now I am feeling cool, partly because of the cold weather, but with a hot cup of cappuccino in my hand, and after reading the 'How Do You Feel' thread, I'm cool.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • SunSun Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Right now I came back home after one and half hour practicing yoga. I am feeling fresh, energetic and cheerful with bright mind.

-----------------------

I just got back home after one and half hours practicing yoga. I am feeling fresh, energetic and cheerful with a bright mind.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Raring to go, I'm about to set off for a nice hike across hill and dale in the foothills of Everest (we can't see it from down here though).
    Marianne Wow, I love hiking but I couldn't go as hiking points are a bit far away from my house. I am sure you will enjoy over there especially Everest.
    I'm feeling quite laid back today. I managed to recover 2,000 + threads from the Live Chat page after it went walkabout.
    @Lynne did you read what I have shared with you or I will have to wait alot and I am mentally prepared for that. :)
    Thanks @Lynne for correction.
    @mheredge I am jealous of you. It must be an amazing hiking in the foothills of Everest.
    @amatsuscribbler Have a great day tomorrow, and enjoyable hiking.
    @amatsuscribbler I am jealous. :) I am planning to go for hiking in next week. Hopefully you will have a thrill over there. There is some error in the link. Please check it.