Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for 2 weeks, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How are you feeling today?

Comments

• pentelpentel Posts: 18 ✭✭
    @mheredge thank you for checking my grammar, I really appreciate it, I hope that i could learn a lot from all of you here, ^_^
  • truptitrupti Posts: 27 ✭✭
    hii !! @pentel .thank you so much. you also had a wonderful memories from your BF and "especially brownies ;) .. i like it very much". i am from india. i am an software engineer.
    edited February 2015
    @trupti software engineering? wow! im an artist :) what does a software engineering do?

---------------------

Trupti: software engineering? Wow! I'm an artist. What does a software engineer do?
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,513 mod
    Today should be an interesting day to people-watch, as I'm going to a conference. I always find these very entertaining, especially as there will be not only Nepali participants, but a few from other countries too. So I'm feeling happy in anticipation of an interesting day.
    @mheredge all the very best.
    edited February 2015
    @pentel . software engineer make a softwares/websites. for example- "facebook" or "learn-english-forum" etc... you ever think how they work ?? who was built them ? software engineers made them.

-------------------------

Pentel: software engineers develop software, and websites. For example- "Facebook" or "learn-english-forum" etc. Have you ever thought about how they work? Who built them? Software engineers did.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @pentel you are an artist ???? waw.. means which type of artist ? ? are you painter ?
  • korczixkorczix Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I feel hopeful and I am optimistic about every day
    @trupti im not a painter , im a graphic artist :)
    @trupti i though programmer make website, i though software engineering make applications, installer and games, i didn't know that they do web programming too. i though it separate people
    @pentel web designer 's work is how the website or application looks like /design it. and software engineer's work is how that website or application works. software engineers can also design a websites or application.
    oww.. graphic artist ??? what they do exactly. @pentel
    @trupti I see, graphic artist depends on the category. I made designs for packaging, billboards, collaterals, fabric prints, 3d visuals etc. I was a web designer before
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @pentel graphic artist is also called graphic designer. Isn't it?
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,047 mod
    Feeling tired today after a lovely time in the Peak District with 2 energetic young children.
    @bubbli yes :) it's the same
    Feeling tired too @amatsuscribbler, after three days going to a conference and hearing about all sorts of interesting ideas.
  • nelnel Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Today was a bad day in the morning because I had headache then I decided to eat a tablet and now I feel better. I always try to act positive. When I think about positive things I find a new feeling.

----------------

Today started badly because this morning I had a headache, but I decided to take a tablet and now I feel better. I always try to act positive. When I think about positive things I can change my mood.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • NesrineNesrine Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I had sverale feelings today.When I woke up in the morning I felt so fresh and energitic thanks to the clear air I breathed. During the day,I faced some troubles that made me feel bad and little pisimist.I realized that these problems are temporrary and facing them makes me so much stronger. So I decided to be a fighting person and never let anything stop me from being the person I want to be, and that makes me feel good!
    Saying goodbye to a friend is always hard, though I'll see her again in a few months when I visit the UK. So I'm feeling a little sad.
    Yes @mheredge . Saying goodbye to a best friend is one of the hardest things I have ever experienced. It happened to me last year with my best friend who is like a sister to me and we both cried. It was a very emotional situation!!
    Eventhough we met a month ago I really miss her now!
    Keeping in touch with things like Skype and Facebook helps a bit @Nesrine, but it's never the same as sitting over coffee face to face.

I agree. It can never be like having our friends around.
    @mheredge this face to face is missing in this era of technology and I think social media has limited our expression now. We expect the next person to answer like a robot when we get a chance to meet him or her face to face!:)
    edited March 2015
    This is unfortunately true @bubbli. I see so many people 'chatting' for hours using a messenger on their phone or computer. Even if it's not easy to meet face to face, speaking to eachother is still better. And with technologies like Skype, it's not that expensive nowadays.

Talking of social interactions, yesterday I was very sociable for a change. I went out of the city with a big group of people birdwatching, then I met up with a couple of buddies for a late lunch. And then in the evening I even chatted with @Lynne on Skype.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,805 mod
    Texting is fine for quick messages, but I can't be bothered to send long missives in a text. If it has to be written, I'll send an email, otherwise I'll pick up the phone, or start a hangout / Skype session. It's good to talk. :smile:
    I prefer texting than phone calls. I feel comfortable writing and describing things. @mheredge I agree with you. Skype is a very useful tool these days but with issues like poor network, slow internet speed, load shedding etc. It might not be possible to use such technologies on regular basis.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Today I'm feeling late. Not that usually I feel early, but I normally feel in between these two frames of mind.
    I'd like to clone myself. I would go " Today, filauzio2, you'll go at work while I, filauzio1, I'll remain here passing my spare time doing the rest ".
    Not a good idea after all. I 'd have a new mouth to feed and I couldn't put up with one person as late as me.
    I had better part with something unuseful as this idle idea.. and keep running.

------------------

Today I'm feeling late. Not that I usually feel early, but I normally feel in between these two frames of mind.
    I'd like to clone myself. I would go " Today, filauzio2, you'll go at work while I, filauzio1, will remain here spending my spare time doing the rest of the stuff."
    Not a good idea after all. I 'd have a new mouth to feed and I couldn't put up with another person who was as late as me.
    I had better part with something as useless as this idle thought, and keep running.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    How do you feel late or early @filauzio? Do you that today you were feeling apathetic about going to work?

I often would like to clone myself and be in two places at once! I think it's more because I never seem to have enough hours in the day to do everything I'd like to do.
    edited March 2015
    @mheredge you can be an experimental case for scientists. So volunteer for cloning but not two only...why not hundred....and then we will see only you on this learn english forum. Pretty difficult for Lynne to deal with 100 clones :P

------------------

@mheredge you could be a scientific experiment. So volunteer for cloning, but not only two. Why not a hundred? That way we would be able to only see you on this English learning forum. It would be pretty difficult for Lynne to cope with 100 clones.
    Post edited by Lynne on