Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How are you feeling today?

Comments

• jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 815 OTT
    @mheredge @walter @Paulette @Deucalion @GemmaRowlands @mustafatajani @Vok

Friday is such a nice day to be happy in it.

jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/09/friday-brings-happiness.html

Today I am happy with the nature indeed with the world.

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,023 mod
    @jackelliot Tuesday can also be a happy day because yesterday I made a walk in Mechelen and when I saw these figures I also wanted to dance because these statues radiate joy and life.

@Paulette

filled with joy

Art with a kind purpose

thank you again

I remember you showed those before

then they gave joy

and then again they give joy

Thank you
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,708 mod

Friday is such a nice day to be happy in it.

jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/09/friday-brings-happiness.html

Today I am happy with the nature indeed with the world.

I agree that Friday is a great day to be happy. Although I am working all day today, and it is likely that I will have to work all weekend, too.
  • DeucalionDeucalion Posts: 741 ✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    > @Paulette said:
    > ... I saw these figures ...
    A woman's naked body is the most beautiful thing in this world. It's like a hypnosis I cant withstand to. It simply hijacks my cortex and I'll never understand this mystery.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,060 mod
    Did you miss them that much @Vok?

Really @Deucalion?
  • VokVok Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge I'm very set in my ways and don't like changes.
    edited April 14
    > @mheredge said:
    > Really @Deucalion?
    Yah. :pensive:
    I'm feeling very sad at the news this morning that the US, UK and France launched an attack on Syria last night.
    I share in your feelings @mheredge because I think that taking revenge are always misunderstood and then there are still more reprisals.
    I really don't believe it will solve anything @Paulette and will only aggravate the situation there.

dancing today with pagans

happy in the camping

happy indeed ....

jackelliot.over-blog.com/2018/04/rodnovery.html

edited April 15
    "Ethnographers recorded that the Slavs left church and resumed their normal pagan lifestyle. "

It's a fallacy used to brainwash uninformed people. Actually after the crash of the Soviet Union, Russia goes through a noticeable revitalization of orthodox Christianity nowadays. This process is encouraged by Putin as part of his policy of Russia's national identity consolidation. Putin has been renovating the biggest cathedrals in Russia. On religious holidays they use to translate religious rites on TV and we see that cathedrals look really sumptuously and are crammed with Christians. All this happens beside the degradation of Christianity in Europe where the churches have become empty and people praise at every corner that hey no longer believe in God. Not to mention what happens in Vatican, where scandals with pedophilia cases have been going in sequence and the Pope makes public statements that unquestionably contradicts what is written in Bible.
    I was delighted when a friend sent me a message to say she was in town and had an hour for a coffee at the station between trains. She was coming from Ventigmilia, just in Italy, on her way home to Marseille. Then as I was seeing her off to her train, a berobed eccentric British 'pilgrim' descended on me, larger than life and we chatted a little about the weather (as one does with Brits).
  • AhmadAmaraAhmadAmara Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Today i feel proud of myself because i helped some students by explaining and solving some math questions. :)
    mheredge said:

I'm feeling very sad at the news this morning that the US, UK and France launched an attack on Syria last night.

I don't know a huge amount about politics, but I hate the fact that it seems that the only way we can deal with things is with threat or violence.
  • walterwalter Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited April 16
    @jackelliot @GemmaRowlands Of all days I most like friday. Reason for this is that after friday comes weekend and for that days I don`t work. Friday and saturday evenings I can to go out at some party. Usually I go out evenings at party two times of month, sometimes and less.
  • mustafatajanimustafatajani Posts: 99 ✭✭
    @jackelliot where are you camping
    I am feeling slightly frustrated, having wasted a couple of hours hanging around for a guy to come and do a few finishing touches to the windows I had put into my flat. He still hasn't come and I'm not sure now when he will get around to doing it.
    edited April 17
    I want to make an amendment to a statement I wrote above. I wrote the phrase "degradation of Christianity in Europe" there. Actually I didn't mean that Christianity has degraded. What I meant was that people morally degraded. They allowed the masons to substitute the inner moral values with some invented ridiculous surrogate values in their minds. There are a lot of proponents who relentlessly nourish such fallacies. Beside their motivation stand grossly hidden personal interests. Many of them are volunteering, but many are paid. A lot of money was invested in that brainwash.
  • nampq2nampq2 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I just reading a new quote. So, I note here.
    "If you don't talk about your problems to everyone.
    Congratulations!
    You are strong and enough to handle any situation on your own."
    I'm wondering whether there is a link between not talking about own problems and the ability to handle them on your own.
    I'm afraid there could be people who talk about their problems to others and are able to solve them, while, there could be people who don't talk about their problem and who are not able to tackle them.
    Also, I'm wondering whether not talking about own problems is a sign of strength.
  • lisalisa Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I am busy recently, and after more than 30 days this kind of life will be finished, waiting for the coming of the final date.
  • VokVok Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    @nampq2 I tend to agree with @Deucalion . If you don't talk freely about your problems it doesn't necessarily mean that you deal with them effectively on your own. Some people just ignore a problem, refusing to bring it up until it can be too late.
    You sound somewhat mysteriously, @lisa. What are you so busy about, as you don't disclose it? What are you cooking there, @lisa? Hmmm?
    @lisa do you mean finishing your time in Algeria so that you can go back to China and see your daughter?
    edited April 17
    @nampq2 if you don't talk about your problems and you can solve the problems, then it is okay but if you don't talk about them and you neglect them then you are not do it well.

It is no fault to talk about problems because on that way the burden becomes a bit less for you and you can get help to deal with problems.
    I'm feeling curious about what was going on today. Our bus to Genoa was stopped either side of the border and dogs brought on to search for drugs (I suppose). The Italian polizei kept us by the roadside at Ventigmilia for over an hour and two passengers weren't able to continue their journey, even though they didn't seem find anything.
    walter said:

@jackelliot @GemmaRowlands Of all days I most like friday. Reason for this is that after friday comes weekend and for that days I don`t work. Friday and saturday evenings I can to go out at some party. Usually I go out evenings at party two times of month, sometimes and less.

It is good on Friday when you know you don't have to do anything to do with work for a couple of days.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today we stayed home and I feel fine!
    The sun was shining and I read outside in my English book, but fell asleep. I think I needed it. What else do we want ?